It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville Horror Pic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I see it now. Good job livenlearn. So the picture is genuine.

I think it would be cool to get an ATS interview with somebody involved in this case.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I actually haven't been able to validate the photo as I can't seem to track it down. It's not in the police photos of the house after the murders. It's also black and white, which would make me believe it was taken before the murders, which doesn't make any sense to me. The only other place I have run across this photo is on some sight talking about demons or something and they don't even analyze it.
I have not found an "original" photo without the boy in it, so if it was faked, they did a good job covering up the evidence. Lutz doesn't have it on his sight, the Warrens don't have it on theirs, Not that I plan on going to NY, but from what I hear the whole town is completely uncooperative with anyone asking anything about the house at all. (I've read some real nasty e-mails from officials of the town to people looking into it)
So, I'm moving from looking at 5 gazillion images of ghosts and trying to match up anything even close to tracking down who when and why this photo was taken.
From what I can gather, the warrens set up a camera and had it take pictures all night long and this was in one of them, but to be quite honest, After reading some things about the Warrens, I trust them as much as I'd trust Hitler to watch my kids. So, My research is shifting and I'll let you know what I find.
I also have no knowledge whatsoever about faking photos, so if someone could take a look at it as far as a fake job, that would be nice.

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
.....but to be quite honest, After reading some things about the Warrens, I trust them as much as I'd trust Hitler to watch my kids. So, My research is shifting and

That's interesting that you feel that way. They come off to me as totally genuine. What kind of stuff did you read and where can I find it? I'd be interested in reading it as well.

The thing about the Warrens as I see it is that they haven't really banked on Amityville and on what they do in general. They seem to have made a modest living. There's really nothing there that screams "fraud" to me.

Peace

[edit on 20-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is another ghost picture of the house out there but i can't find it anywhere.Apparentley it shows alittle girl in the top window and also a man (with beard) downstairs.Although it's probabley faked i'd love to see this pic if any one can find it.

On another note the pics of the crimescene were very interesting espeically the one from the back of the house showing the single window, on the opp side from the (evil eye windows)

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just found something REAL interesting...

Finally, visitors also can expect content updates to this website in the coming weeks, which will make interesting reading material on the subject of Amityville.
One of these updates includes proof of who the little boy is in the so-called Amityville ghostly photo. This mystery has been solved and we will bring you the details very soon! Stay tuned...

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Great find I'll keep my eyes on this , Although it strikes me Ric Osuna profits from debunkig the lutzs and accusing them of making money from whatever happened/did not happen

[edit on 20/1/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh, the warren links...jeez man, there are hundreds...they can be the nicest people on the planet, but when your facts are all messed up even on your home page....

Even Just Scotts letter to them alone....

Scott X's Letter

Look up their other investigations. Not just the amityville stuff.

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The "proof" must be a little shaky.

That's dated October 23, 2005. It's now January 20, 2006 and still no update.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Even if the Warrens are dodgy doesnt mean the pic is!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
oh, I'm actually all for the pic being real as far as I can tell, I just meant, I'm not going to believe that it's real just because "The Warrens said so".

lol, I think I'm getting a little burnt out on all this, so I'm going to take a little break.

GAH!...more links...

I just found this discussion

Link

In which we have this :

This first picture is the empty doorway before the child shows up:

Of course all the linked pictures are missing, cause heck, everyone likes to make my life a living hell...lol
And some other stuff.
So at one time...there were a few pictures of this floating around.

There goes my break...back into research mode....

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I agree the warrens may not be totally legit but i think the pic may be m8

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Even if the Warrens are dodgy doesnt mean the pic is!

But if the Warrens did take that photo and the photo is a genuine picture of supernatural phenomenon, it's scoreboard for the Warrens.

Derek, I read through that link and I don't see much in the way of debunking the Warrens more than I see someone who is a very good arguer. When he points out that the Warrens said Jay Anson had a heart attack while writing the last chapter of the Amityville Horror, and then he rebuts by saying that Jay Anson had heart problems way before he ever met the Warrens, well that's not really proving the Warrens a fraud. The Warrens never said he didn't have problems before they met him. When there's no proof of something there's always a counter argument, or as I like to call a nitpicking argument. You see the same kind of thing on ATS all the time.

I only pointed out one of the point/counter points that I saw, but I could shoot holes in that guy's argument for days. The Warrens are old. I've read that Ed has had a lot of recent health problems. I'm sure they don't want to devote a lot of time to arguing this anymore and I don't blame them. As I've mentioned in a few other posts, read the book called The Demonologist about the Warrens and decide for yourself.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

With regards to the ghost pictures, the photo of the corpse of John-Matthew Defeo (the boy who bears striking resemblence to the 'ghost' in those photos) is "interesting" because of the plaid design on the bedsheets and curtains.
They match (or at least resemble...) the pattern on the ghost child's clothes.

quoted from now_i'm_nothing off of one of the links provided by Derek

Now here is a link to the patterns they speak of

Warning*this link leads to a picture of john dead on his mattress!
www.amityvillemurders.com...

From what I can tell there is much similarity between the two

Sorry Derek Ive been pretty busy and havent done much research.You have provided me with just about all that ive wanted to find thank you so much for this....Scarecrow

[edit on 20-1-2006 by toraylin]

[edit on 20-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hey, no problem at all, I haven't had much to do at work the last 2 days..

What about a cutaway of the house just for kicks?
Found it while looking for god knows what...lol

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ok, I think after this post I'll hand the reigns over, I've about exhausted my internet searches.
Here's some pics of the children, to see who best matches up.

Mark :

Alison :

Dawn :

John Mathew :

_DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I also have no knowledge whatsoever about faking photos, so if someone could take a look at it as far as a fake job, that would be nice.

-DT

i wouldnt call myself a photograph expert, but i know that this kind of thing is possible to fake at the time it was taken.

First off it was supposedly taken with an infra red camera which would account for being black and white.

To fake this image you could take a negative of a regular picture of the kid looking out of the door, cut out small bits of card to place over the eyes so they dont get any light, thus makin the white then cut out a piece of card the size of the boys head, epose it to more light to make it black.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh, I know it's possible, was wondering if someone with some talent could take a look at it. Pixel wise, maybe clean it up, brighten it, look for marks of editing, maybe clear up the black areas in the halls as some people have stated it looks like something is there as well....that sort of thing.

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh, I know it's possible, was wondering if someone with some talent could take a look at it. Pixel wise, maybe clean it up, brighten it, look for marks of editing, maybe clear up the black areas in the halls as some people have stated it looks like something is there as well....that sort of thing.

-DT

Problem is this picture is third generation (taken from the photo, scanned, saved as a file other then a high quality picture file, then posted on the web and resized) so I can only do so much with it. this is just a preliminary sharpening of the picture, making the lines more definable. I'll be working with the picture to see what else I can find.

(For some reason the image aint showin up, so just rightclick it if you dontsee it and click view image, or go to img465.imageshack.us...
[edit on 1-20-2006 by WolfofWar]

[edit on 1-20-2006 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There looks like there is something behind the boy, I'm seeing 3 circular objects, sort of triangle formation. What's that near his head, glasses? Or something coming around his head, on 'our' right??

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
im asking myself, is this whole thing just about someone who went ballistic and murdered most of their own family? or is this really some demons work??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join