It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on souls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've had a theory for a long time, brought about by a recurring dream I have had that our "souls" are actually a parasite. I'm not sure 100% what kind but I lean towards being an alien. Back when man was "prehistoric" Alien "adults" lets say came and twiddled the genes to make the perfect home for thier "children" which are an energy form and have no physical form until some point in thier development.

The greys etc that do abductions in my mind are just keeping tabs on our evolution or health or something to make sure we are still "prime real estate" so to speak. This theory to me explains reincarnation, oobe, and other beliefs. For instance "we learn lessons in each lifetime", or "heaven is becoming one with god".

It makes sense that the "souls" are children too because as we all know most children have to be taught to be "good" what is right and wrong etc. So if the earth is a giant school, and some souls are younger than others it makes sense for the violence and bully like behaviour we see so much of.

I also think this would explain a lot of unknowns on our world, like how the pyrimads were built or people like jesus and moses etc trying to teach us not to be so mean/bad. And eventually leading to threats of hell etc which would be like them getting grounded or spanked.

As we die our "soul" goes on to another body. So in essence our bodies and world and society is just a school house for infant aliens.

I can elaborate more, but that is the bare bones of what I have pondered since I was 4 or 5(I'm 40 now) Does this sound like an interesting idea?

Lil

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Lilroanie] **trying to fix typo in title**

[edit on 28-10-2005 by Lilroanie]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That's not dissimilar to the theory behind walk-ins. Just a google reference since there are so many theories there as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bleh why won't my typo in title fix with edit? hehe

Yeah I've read about walk-ins before, about 10 years ago. But as I understood them, they come in later in life when someone is suicidal or goes through a near death experience and swap with the "original soul" or a person chooses to swap/opt out with one.

What my idea is, is that the souls we get when we are born and we have our whole lives are not really *human* but aliens or alien children or something "not us". A seperate being totally from our physical being. Our physical shells are just that ... shells. I think I need more coffee hehe I hope I'm making sense.

P.S. Rant can you fix that typo in the title since my edit of it did not stick pleeeease?

Lil

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
whoot n/m it worked that time heh.. I hope!!

Lil

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
so, if our souls are alien children, when do we reach maturity? how many lifetimes are enough? and where do we go when we do mature?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilroanie
Yeah I've read about walk-ins before, about 10 years ago. But as I understood them, they come in later in life when someone is suicidal or goes through a near death experience and swap with the "original soul" or a person chooses to swap/opt out with one.

What my idea is, is that the souls we get when we are born and we have our whole lives are not really *human* but aliens or alien children or something "not us". A seperate being totally from our physical being. Our physical shells are just that ... shells. I think I need more coffee hehe I hope I'm making sense.

Understood, it's different from "walk-ins" but what you've done in taking that premise and reducing it to an "origins" discussion for the spark of man is to pretty much reinforce the status quo already.

You're another cup of coffee away from being St. Augustine. Man is dichotomous. The body and the alien inhabitant. A soul from a place far, far away in the heavens. We're just monkeys housing future Angels and all that.

I realize you mean aliens-aliens as in from Zeta, but what's the difference really? It's slight at most.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So what then are the aliens?? Doesnt really make sense on several levels. Ok supposing these aliens are so far advanced whats the point in putting an alien soul if you will in to a casing of meat (human body) whats the payoff?? Assuming these aliens have souls what are they other aliens?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
IMO, your premise is sound if we believe The Urantia Book /and or the Dogon proof..and other sources.
The Dogon say all new souls are from the star sirius and Urantia Book teaches us there are midway creatues who decide what soul will incarnate into what bodies.But when I was clinically dead I asked the Light to show me how reincarnation works and they showed me the process in that we are given 7 choices of Mothers, but that we are led and advised by the creatures who are responsible for soul-recycling..
Did you just 'know' this or have you been to the 'other side'?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If one is familiar with string theory, then they are familiar with the concept of a closed string. If not, then check this out.. (navigate away and find out more about string theory) en.wikipedia.org...

Basicly, all matter and energy in the universe is made of minute strings of vibrating energy (mathematically proven). Open strings are connected to this universe, and cannot leave it. Closed strings, however, are not limited to this universe. Gravity is believed to be one of these strings that's force is dispersed throughout many universes.

I believe that the human "soul" or conciousnes is much like the graviton, in that it is not constrained to exist only in this universe. If that is true, our soul exists in as many universes as exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
so, if our souls are alien children, when do we reach maturity? how many lifetimes are enough? and where do we go when we do mature?

I really do not know Snafu. I'm one of those who have not really posted much because I have *ideas* but nothing to base them on except feelings, dreams, what have you. This forum enabled me to post one of my ideas and maybe we can all fill in the blanks and have fun trying to figure it out or not.

I would say lifespan for them is a lot more than ours so maybe the religions of the world that have us living many many lifetimes to reach whatever peak they say you will is the time frame. Or maybe the greys are the keepers we are the ones who were not quite *right* and needed therapy or something, so our therapy is earth?

Rant: I'll have to look up St Augustine, I am unaware of his theologies but maybe it is similar to what I've felt for so long. And yes, you are right, maybe walk-ins have some correlation to my ideas, I had not looked at it like that.. oops

Originally posted by Whompa1
So what then are the aliens?? Doesnt really make sense on several levels. Ok supposing these aliens are so far advanced whats the point in putting an alien soul if you will in to a casing of meat (human body) whats the payoff?? Assuming these aliens have souls what are they other aliens?

The way the greys or the abductor aliens have always fit into this in my mind is as the *parents* or *keepers*. Other types of aliens, I'm not sure really where they fit in or if they do.
Maybe the pay-off is hiding the *children* from the other types of aliens?
Maybe on their world they messed things up and want to try a new way to mature.
Maybe we are their disfunctional children and earth is a juvvie hall

I dunno come up with some ideas. Thats why I made this post to fill in holes with fresh new willing minds hehe.

Originally posted by siriuslyone
IMO, your premise is sound if we believe The Urantia Book /and or the Dogon proof..and other sources.
The Dogon say all new souls are from the star sirius and Urantia Book teaches us there are midway creatues who decide what soul will incarnate into what bodies.But when I was clinically dead I asked the Light to show me how reincarnation works and they showed me the process in that we are given 7 choices of Mothers, but that we are led and advised by the creatures who are responsible for soul-recycling..
Did you just 'know' this or have you been to the 'other side'?

To my knowledge I have never been dead. The idea is a recurring dream I have had as long as I can remember, but unfortunately it leaves out a lot and is just me in a light room asking a few questions and hearing answers which are what I originally posted basically. I've never heard of Dogon or Urantia, I will look it up for later. The choices of mothers though that rings a bell. I think that is on the money that we choose what life we need to live to learn certain lessons. Again it ties into the many religions that consider reincarnation a *learning* experience. Could we choose what lessons we learn by choosing our mother/family?

Rasobasi420: I'm sorry, I've heard of string theory but honestly I am a mathmatical moron and anything to do with numbers just makes me cringe, so I do not understand it at all.

Anyway I'll do some looking up at what you guys pointed me too and please feel free to inject more ideas. It's something I've always had in the back of my mind but have never really spoken about because well, it's kinda nuts and I'd rather my friends and family did not call the little men in their white suits ya know? It is kinda nice to have people to talk to.

I have many other (sometimes contradictory)ideas I'll post some other time. I'm not saying any of this is fact, just speculation based on a dream and the urge to talk about it to semi/like minded people
I have a fertile imagination and I love exploring all the things it throws my way, but thats hard when you have no one to talk *too*

Alternative theories for the win hehe.

Lil

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I've had a theory for a long time, brought about by a recurring dream I have had that our "souls" are actually a parasite. I'm not sure 100% what kind but I lean towards being an alien. Back when man was "prehistoric" Alien "adults" lets say came and twiddled the genes to make the perfect home for thier "children"

You're pretty much describing Scientology, in a more logical way. Except that they believe... from what I can reckon... that aliens were strapped to volcanos and blown up with nuclear bombs, and they broke apart into what is now the human soul? I dunno. You'll have to do your own research into that. I personally think it's rather ridiculous, but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
String theory basically says that everything in this universe is made u of tiny vibrating strings of energy. These strings are so small that if an atom were the size of our solar system, then a string would be the size of a tree on Earth. The ends of an open string connect to a membrane on a higher dimension, and all of thos e strings and that "brane" are what make up this universe.

Gravity is a closed string, and therefore doesn't connect permanently to this universe, I think our souls are also closed strings, they have an impact, and influence on this universe, but are not limited to it.

I think that is the most scientific explaination of what souls could possibly be

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
if youre getting this info in dreams, then i recommend keeping a dream book beside your bed. our dreams fade rather quickly as we awake, and the best way to remember them is to write them down immediately after waking up....you might come up with more info that way.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Some crazy "fill-in-the-hole" ideas, huh?

The physical universe ends at the energy level. The level of plasma, electricity, high velocity particles, zero mass particles, and such. The soul would be sub-space. Outside the space. The meat bag is a space-suit allowing the soul to interact with the physical. The physical was created by the mind to teach baby souls.

The physical (space) is a low vibrational representation of the sub-space or the fabric of existence. The soul is a created thought matrix (CTM). The thoughts are the focused vibrations of the strings (sub-space). The thoughts come from the mind. The mind is outside the sub-space. The mind vibrates the strings thus creating stuff out of the strings. The mind does this to learn. We all share the mind as it encompasses all. The mind has been referred to as God.

The meat-bag is also a CTM (mbctm). A lower vibration representation of the soul. There is one more level in the physical as mentioned above. The energy body CTM (ebctm). Higher vibration than the meat-bag and lower than the soul. The ebctm can and does inhabit the mbctm.

If the mbctm is inhabited with a soul then the ebctm would have to trick the soul into allowing it in. This is the nature of Possession.

If a soul inhabits a mbctm, an ebctm is created. The more interaction from the soul (the more one lives from the soul), the stonger the ebctm becomes. At some point the mbctm is no longer necessary. This is the nature of ascension.

The mbctm lives off matter. An ebctm lives off energy. E-motion is energy in motion. It is the soul energy manifested within the physical. Certain vibrational patterns that create different emotions. The ebctm lives off of this. There may be ebctm's that manipulate mbctm's in order to feed off their emotions. These have been called demons.

That's all the caulk I can think of at the moment.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Mod Edit: removed offensive post

[edit on 4/21/07 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
You realize of course how truly frightening your idea of aliens being the actually possible souls of human beings really is don't you? don't you? Even the venerable PKD never went so far (so far as I know). I find myself fervently hoping that you are essentially alienated from your deeper archetypal self (which in itself is a horrible thought). I suppose your idea of your own "soul" being a parasite is itself proof of the idea of alien abduction being in effect a "spiritual" (for lack of a better term) event. To wit, the idea of "soul" is so "alien" to modern humans that it is inevitably parsed into a vision of "aliens". I am surprised and somewhat pleased at the previous refererance to the Urantia material, not because I am a true believer, but because a similar thought crossed my mind as to the simularity. Urantia material presents the "soul" as a kind of divine spark essentially alien to the human creature, really, to any creature, and thus could be viewed as a parasite. However, being subject to this spark, (within said structure) would potentially be a very good thing, as this "parasite" would be somewhat analogous to what is generally referred to as a conscience. So I guess my analysis would be that your conscience constantly bothers you. I dont think that closed gravity loops constitute souls. ITs much too limited a concept in my humble estimation for the POTENTIAL errata it would supposedly constitute.

top topics

join