It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious odor in New York City

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think it was a chemical.
www.itshouldbenoted.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So this is a unsolved mystery then?
I just looked around on the web and found nothing new about this story.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey, maybe a year's worth of McGriddle/griddle cake/maple syrup/artifical flavor got spilled/thrown out at the factory....

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This is insane, ATS never ceases to amaze me.

I live in New York City as well, the other day my brother was telling me how this smell kept coming in through the windows, he said it smelled kind of like chemicles and it happened all day. Later on it came in again and I smelled it too.

I completely wrote it off, I mean, this is New York City, how am I supposed to remember all the suspicious stenches? i just can't believe other people have smelled it too.

You're saying the FDNY knew about it too? I know we had recently had a lot of trouble with the city drainage system due to rainfall and the two city main lines are really old, could it have been somthing in the sewers? Or possibly some kind of chemical agent let loose in the subways?

The trouble is, determining out of the ordinary activity in New York is impossible. Is there any way we can get more information about this?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Dry run for a biological attack?

Better hope not, cos if it is, its worked...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps, it was a new City air freshener. We've been in dire need of a new signature smell since the Stale Urine air freshener dried out. Maybe they picked the maple smell because a fresh pine smell would be too suspicious.

If everyone who smelled posted what street the live on then perhaps I can try and pin point it on the map. I really want to find out what the hell it was. We could get the location of the nose witnesses and then the wind direction for the times and cross reference it with industrial sites and such.

I have nothing else to do and I really want to find the answer so I'll do the work, I just need the location and time people smelled it, U2U me if you don't want to post it.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, I'm posting from Manhattan.

Friends in Brooklyn smelled it as well, and one person I know in Northern NJ.

I don't see how we'd be able to pinpoint anything when the area that smelled it was so huge. It was also pretty windy that night.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join