It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In these times of fear mongering and possible global pandemic it is important to remember the benefits of vitamin C.

If you are not familiar with the benefits, here ya go:
Please read these links I have posted

The Healing Factor

various comprehensive sites:

The Vitamin C Foundation

Ascorbate Web\

Google Vitamin C and you will find a wealth of info.
I urge everyone to look at all the facts and give this an open minded evaluation.

Mod edit: All caps' title

[edit on 28-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Coz i couldnt find "flu" only colds, and obviously vit c is good for that, but i think in a case of a pandemic, it would be useless, saying that i got tons of the stuff, so hopefully it would help.......

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Vitamin C is an immune booster.

Another tip is to use Hand Sanitizers religously.

There is no need to fear H5N1 only a need to be aware and prepared.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Vitamin C has not been proven to boost the immune functions in everyone, but I still take them everyday, and I do not get sick. I drink alot of orange juice also.

The best method, like sardion mentioned, is to wash/cleanse your hands regularly. Remember to avoid touching your face as much as possible, because your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth are the number one places for infections to enter.

Common sense is the greatest defense.

For example: if you see a pale white person, who is coughing, sneezing, and vomiting, would you go over and take a drink from his pepsi?

[edit on 10/28/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

If it mutates, as to jump from human to human, and we get a pandemic, I can assure you that you need to be aware.

And you guys shouldnt treat C-vitamin as the holy grail, because, it surely isnt.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nobody here tried to say that it is, we're only pointing out that it is recognized (yet, not proven) to enforce the natural immune functions in the human body.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
let me add

www.cforyourself.com...

hope it's of use

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Apologies...
Not intended to imply the "C" is a cure all...
But i felt the necessity to put the "fear" posts aside and offer relevant info.
But "C" is a logical precaution and one thing that one can do with certainty in a situation where vulnerability is uncertain.

It DOES strengthen your immune sys.

I admit, the levels of its benefits are speculative.

But as far as the "conspiracy theory" that vitamin c is a cure-all and being covered up....
IF IT IS NOT A CURE ALL,
Who might benefit from fabricating the importance of "C"?
IF IT IS A CURE ALL,
Who might benefit from hiding the importance of "C"?

hmmm...

I think the wise (and paranoid) get my point!

But again... research vit-c if you havent done so before...
Or Dont...
The impetus belongs to you...

Just dont ever say theBLESSINGofVISION does not care about his Board-Babies and Board-Brethren...

LONG LANCE....
Thanks for bringing more info to the table!
Its of use alright!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
let me add a disclaimer: i am sceptic by default, too sceptic, in fact, so i conciously try to give new info a chance, sure, most of what i run across is garbage, almost all of it is tainted by personal agendas and hysteria.

that said, there's often valuable info involved, this time, that most species produce it themselves, that we don't (can't even absorb it very well) and so on.

drawing conclusions is entirely your affair, if you believe supplementation is the way to go, i wish you luck, but remember, that sometimes analogies are flawed and that even rats and mice die from diseases... C is, imho, akin to herbal medicine, useful for treating minor annoyances, or prevention, but once you get sick, they are simply not enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I wanted to give an update: After taking vitamin c on a regular basis, i have only had one bout of a cold in the past two years. This from a smoker who used to get bronchitis and strep throat bianually. Also, hay fever and allergies have all but disappeared. Please, i cannot urge everyone more strenuously to try for yourselves. Yes, vitamin c really does wonders!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The bird flu uses your own immune system against you.

The healthiest people die quickest.

If there's a bird flu pandemic I suggest you stay up for days at a time, drink plenty of alcohol, and party likes it's 1999.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by ColdWater]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
From what I've read about H5N1 it works by causing the immune system to over react. The higher percentage of fatalities have occurred in young healthy people with fully functioning immune systems. I wouldn't take anything to boost your immune system if there's a threat of this virus around.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

(I posted this on another old Vitamin C thread as well.)

An older thread and not posted on for nearly four years - and this is Vitamin C!!! Talk about a conspiracy of silence.

We all have a major genetic illness, major. Sick, we are all sick since birth - before birth if your mom wasn't taking several grams of Vitamin C a day. All other animals, plants, fish, everybody except apes, guinea pigs, a bat or two, make ascorbic acid in their bodies every minute. Apes can't, we can't make it because one of the enzymes in the construction series broke when right after lemurs. Lemurs make it. None of the other apes do or can.

So, how can we cure a huge, major, genetic illness? Take a few grams a day, spaced out throughout the day. Simple as that.

And the above top secret? No major media outlet, politician, public figure, etc (where is Linus Pauling when we need him. Dead.) is going on and on about Vitamin C, every day, every speech, on tv and off. This is a crime of omission.

Vitamin C!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Vitamin C is an immune booster.

Another tip is to use Hand Sanitizers religously.

I disagree with the hand sanitizers,..
we cant be completely germ free,, or the immune system that has been on your side
will eventually become useless

new topics

top topics

join