It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream of kelly mountain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
two nights ago i had an interesting dream- i sent an email first thing in the morning to a friend of mine, but by then i'd forgotten most of the details other than the main points.

in the dream i witnessed a mountain 'erupting', and was left with the name 'kelly'- so i did a little research...

a query of the name 'kelly mountain' on the usgs geographic names information system returned approximately 20 results. ( geonames.usgs.gov... ) unfortunately, i am unable to provide a link to the results page, you will have to repeat the query if you'd like to see for yourself.

clicking on any of the results in the 'feature name' column on the left hand side will provide more detail about the feature, but will also provide options (in the box to the right) to view a map of the feature's location. i used the 'tiger map server' of the u.s. census bureau.

clicking on EVERY result and layering the maps in photoshop, i made a composite map of all kelly mountain locations in the united states (excluding alaska, or any whose names included added words. ie. kelly brook mountain, kelly creek mountain)

i have been comparing these locations against 'potentially active volcanoes in the western united states', this image also found on the usgs website.

now, whether or not the dream meant anything at all, or whether it was just a fun opportunity to learn the locations of a mountain i didn't even know existed or the sites of potential volcanoes remains a mystery. this seems like the perfect area to post something of this nature, and i am open to anyone's comment or interpretation. i had a blast doing the research- keeping one eye on the news just in case!

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the following quotes come from vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

"Kelly Mountain: in Dittmar Volcanic Center Lassen vicinity. Kelly Mountain is a deeply eroded andesitic stratovolcano."

don't know what an andesitic stratovolcano is? (don't feel bad, i didn't either)

"Dittmar Volcanic Center: in the southeastern part of Lassen Volcanic National Park. It had a diameter of approximately 20 kilometers and was centered in the upper Warner Creek Valley, includes Kelly Mountain, Mount Hoffman, Pilot Mountain, and Saddle Mountain. Stratigraphy suggests that the Dittmar volcanic center was active from approximately 2.5 to 1 million years ago."

the following is the fact sheet for kelly mountain located within the Lassen volcanic national park in Cali from the usgs website

Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report
Feature ID: 262111
Name: Kelly Mountain
Class: Summit
Description: Bound on the east by Warner Valley and on the west by Willow Creek, 5.1 km (3.2 mi) east of Sifford Mountain and 6.4 km (4 mi) southwest of Juniper Lake. (US-T121)
Citation: Represents a feature name collected during Phase I. Variant names collected during Phase I are coded as US-M120/var.
Entry Date: 19-Jan-1981
Elevation (m):2039
Elevation (ft): 6690

Board on Geographic Names Decisions
Feature Name: Kelly Mountain
Decision Year: 1927
Authority: Board Decision
Decision Type: Official

Counties
Sequence: 1
County: Plumas
Code: 63
State: CA
Code: 6

Coordinates (One point per USGS topographic map containing the feature)
Sequence: 1
Latitude(DEC): 40.4112725
Longitude(DEC): -121.3508057
Latitude(DMS): 402440N
Longitude(DMS): 1212102W
Map Name: Mount Harkness

if anyone else feels to join in the search, go for it! next i'll start looking for any monitoring stations that may be reporting increased signs of possible volcanic activity in the area, does anyone know how to use the above info to find out?

all this gives new meaning to the phrase 'chasing your dreams'!! i think i'll put this one to rest for tonight...

~amithyzt

[edit on 28-10-2005 by amithyzt]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i'd like to thank blackholebrain for the post about this prophecy in the ATS 'predictions & prophecies' area. i would also be interested in any other dreams, visions, prophecies or related information....

native american prophetic warning
Within six months, there 's going to be an eruption in the northwest with the volcanoes. Two eruptions within six months.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
amithyzt, you might want to check and see if there are any kelly mountians near the missouri river. The native american prophecy stated that the missouri river would be contaminated with ash. That may help narrow it down some

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There does not have to be a volcano near Missouri to have ash in the Missouri River. If Rainier blew, we would have ash here. When Yellowstone was on fire, everything here was covered with ash.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
thanks for the replies... i agree with msdudara, that a volcanic event anywhere in the northwest could drop ash in it, and potentially affect the entire river, even if it isn't extremely close... i wasn't familiar with all the states that the Missouri river crosses, so i looked up a map of it.

the only kelly mountain that i've discovered within a volcanic area is included in the lassen area in california (see second post), but it doesn't seem to have been active for some time. i still haven't done extensive research to see if there is any indication that they may be experiencing increased activity there... this fact sheet shows that lassen peak erupted as recently as 1915, but the maps don't show where kelly mountain would be found in relation to it. it should be somewhere in the southeast corner of the volcanic park(?) but doesn't appear on that map! of interest though, towards the bottom of the page, is a map of ashfall from an eruption in the area some 600,000 years ago. depending on the direction of the winds and the size of an event, the ash could reach great distances...

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The headwaters for the Missouri river form in southern Montana and run through south and north Dakota into Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas, before coming into Missouri. The Yellowstone river is a main tributary to the Missouri river in Montana. It starts in Wyoming and flows through the Yellowstone national park. Interestingly there is a Kelly mountain in the area around Hailey Idaho, which is west of the Craters of the Moon national park. This is also just west of Yellowstone national park. Any type of an eruption in this area, because of mostly prevailing westward winds, would most likely contaminate the Yellowstone river which in turn would lead into the Missouri river. Thanks amithyzt, I had fun looking all this up. It was very interesting

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
thank you nyet, i hadn't considered that particular 'kelly mountain' because it didn't look close enough on my maps to be located within a volcanic area. i found an article about yellowstone which makes it seem there would be much more than the missouri river to worry about... a map of ashfall from previous historic eruptions that i found in this article was shocking, to say the least- but the article doesn't take such an alarmist approach to the fact that the volcano is there...

i've spent most of the morning poking about on sites that monitor earthquake and volcano activity... and it's making my head spin! i saw that one of the sites will send an email alert if there is any action, i've decided to read more about it and will probably sign up...

~amithyzt

[edit on 3-11-2005 by amithyzt]

new topics

top topics

join