It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Say No to Cigarettes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Fred, your idea of getting me off with a diminished capacity plea had I killed those smokers and took their cigarettes, that is no joke. Even before quitting, I am a walking diminished capacity case!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 8)
The T.C. and Wupy radio show.

length: 03:52
file: btstpodcast_722.mp3
size: 905k
feed:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 9)
BE THEE STRONG, THOMAS

length: 01:21
file: btstpodcast_724.mp3
size: 1267k
feed:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 10)
Be Yee Careful smoker!

length: 02:00
file: btstpodcast_740.mp3
size: 938k
feed:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would rather you throw your cigarette butts out the window then glass bottles or your hardee's cups.

I can't believe people still do that, thats so 80s.

It's also good to see that you've come to the other side and see how stinky those smoker's are
, going into bars sitting in the stank, then leaving to go home thats all you smell. I have to have a shower before bed because i dont want my smokey filled hair on my pillow. I've bought a pack of ultra lights a couple weeks ago to go with my beer while i sit by the fire, but thats an occasion.

Regarding your sinuses; they get out of whack because they are clearing themselves out, stick some vick's up there.

Good cast tc.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 11)
Okay I Stink - BUT

length: 02:37
file: btstpodcast_790.mp3
size: 2459k
feed:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 12)
The up-side to smoking : )~~~

length: 02:25
file: btstpodcast_792.mp3
size: 565k
feed:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Great PODcast, Relentless. I hope you do an Introduction PODcast so more people will see it.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 13)
I'm back and this seemed the best place to start - again.

length: 06:49
file: btstpod_1539.mp3
size: 6393k
feed:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 14)
Hey, don't for a moment think this is it for me, I probably have more failures under my belt on this one than I can count.

length: 05:57
file: btstpod_1540.mp3
size: 1622k
feed:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

PODcast: Say No to Cigarettes! (reply 14)
Hey, don't for a moment think this is it for me, I probably have more failures under my belt on this one than I can count.

length: 05:57
file: btstpod_1541.mp3
size: 3342k
feed:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm going to answer this with a PODcast later (setting up my new computer today) but I wanted to say Congratulations and wish you all the best!

I smoked for 30 years and I quit (in 2001) and it made a huge difference! I couldn't sing when I smoked and my voice came back better than ever!

You sound like you have it nailed!
We sound very similar! I'm a die hard, a real smoker who succeeded. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I still love the smell. I hear everything you're saying.

I got tears when I heard that you "did it"!

Just keep going sweetie! Smoking another cigarette in NOT AN OPTION. Everything else is an option. Screaming, crying, working out, eating, whatever. They're all options to choose from (some make more sense than others) but smoking is not!

I'm right there with you, sweetie! If I quit that nasty addiction that had a lock-hold on my life, anyone can!!! You can! You've got that same inner-strength I can feel it!

Love ya!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Relentless, great job

Keep it up......

I quit smoking awhile back...for the 5th time....every time it as like ok, one more won't hurt....I'll quit tomorrow. Anyways, good job, stay in the fight and don't give up.

Relentless and BH, You've been smokng for as long as I've been alive....I can't imagine what it would be like to quit after that long. Kudos

[edit on 18/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Does anyone ever remember that South Park episode with the butt out folk? Had a pretty catchy tune.
"Butt out yeah yeah! It's cool to say no! Butt out yeah yeah! Smokings got to go" Tremendously catchy.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Way to go, Relentless! Best of luck to you. You can do this! It really is tough, but you'll be doing yourself a favour; You'll feel so much better! If you need any support, don't hesitate

I think I've done it, too. It's been six weeks for me. /dances
And I remember even after a week it was as hard for me as the first day. It only really got easier for me about about 3 weeks.
And now, I barely think about it at all. Keep on going and you'll be there soon!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Congratulations! And, just remember your ATS fam is here to listen to you go nutz if you need to do that.

We're here for you. Kick butt!

edit: my spelling sucks today...wonder if they got 12 steps for that?

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Saphronia]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm avoiding listening to these podcasts, because I can't stop!!!!!!! and you people are making me feel guilty and question my determination.

I lost track of the number of times I tried but I haven't been successful yet so obviously I'm for whatever unknown reason am not ready to give it up. I quit twice for both of my kids, over a year each time, so why is it so hard now to do it???

Would you believe a grown woman like me and there are still people in family that don't know I'm a smoker. I'm the smoker with the pocketbook that has perfume, hand lotion, gum, etc, all the necessities to try to disguise the fact I do. Saddest part is that I can still rationalize to myself why I need that next cigarrette.

going for that cigarrette right now

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Cigs are undoubetedly the most sinister product on the market today. I did not start smoking until I was 35, at the begining of nursing school. My family was horrified and I myself was completely baffled, as to why I started when I did. My entire family smoked for as long as I could remember
and I felt totally at peace with the first one I lit up.....must have been a second hand addiction going on with me. Anyways, I've quit, and without a doubt, I will always be lured by the smell of a fresh lit Marlboro Light. Hope I make it....

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Me too.

But it's nice to know that some people made it.

Gives the rest of us chimneys hope.....

[edit on 18-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Me too.

But it's nice to know that some people made it.

Gives the rest of us chimneys hope.....

[edit on 18-3-2006 by loam]

I have to agree. As long as the longtime smokers are able to give up some chicken soup for the smoking soul it holds out promise for the rest of us. I'm 45 and i've been smoking for 32 years now. (Way back then you didn't need ID to get cigarettes, you just needed 50 cents.)

Good luck Val, my prayers are with you.

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join