It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the Obesity Generation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have noticed, that the age that I am living in, seems to be the obesity generation. I remember that when I was a little kid, I didnt notice that many obese people as I do now. It seems that everywhere I look, there is an obese person in my sights.

America is the greatest country I know, because it is only the only one ive lived in. But the funny thing is, if I get right, I want a french man to do my house design. Weird eh? But anyways, onto the real subject. Why is it that everyday, I see more and more americans becoming obese? Americans are supposed to be number one. We are now number twenty seven I believe. As technology grows, the lazyness of people grows, causeing obesity. Another thing is the food that we feed our generation, and the food our generation feeds us. Some parents allow gluteny with their children, letting them stuff theirselves. I have nothing agains obese people, it just seems like the health of our daily society is detererorating rapidly because of it.

Look at this little kid, I would have to guess that he is around at least 100 pounds, at about 7 years old.

Should the government allow fast food resturaunts such as this one be allowed to sell the foods it does, with the amound of calories, and fat in it? I would not think so. But one of the only reasons I can think of is money. It seems the United States is destroying itsself. We are in a new technology revolution, and the more I look around, the more I see obesity.

Here are a few facts about obesity:

Lifespan may be cut short by obesity.
- This is true, caused by high cholesterol levels within arteries.

States failing to curb obesity.
- What could be the reason for this? States failing to curb obesity,..could this be a money problem on our hands?

Obesity on verge of surpassing smoking as #1 cause of preventable death.
- This is perhaps the most interesting one I have heard yet.

Obesity is steadily cathing up with smoking as the #1 cause of death in the United States. It all seems to come down to money being one main root of the problem. I would have to say that technology is also becoming another way of this cause. What would we be able to do in order to change society, and kind of bend it towards not letting itsself become obese?

Edit: Title

[edit on 10/27/0505 by brodband]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree, however..........................what does this have to do with the NWO?
Cheers,
Dave

new topics

join