It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bill Frist Orders Oil Price Probe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Two Oil companies report $9+ billion dollar single quarter profits and we get a Oil probe

You know its blatantly bad when even Rep. are wondering about Oil prices

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Two Oil companies report $9+ billion dollar single quarter profits and we get a Oil probe

A good idea, I think. In fact, a few well-placed probes all the way around might do this world a world of good.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
While I am frustrated with gas prices and the looming winter heating costs, I can't help but think that these probes are just an attempt to make the White House look better, and that nothing will really come of these.

And I guess the sad fact is that these companies sell a product that we will buy, apparently at exhorbitant costs; and if they can rake in a few extra billion, they will continue to exploit the American public.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I agree that nothing is going to come of this. BUT THERE SHOULD BE

It just takes too much effort for people to get worked up now-a-days. Most will complain for a little while and let it drop.

There should be rioting in the streets over prices right now. Heck, WACO should have started a civil war- we only got a lil itty bitty hearing on it and the people let it drop- pretty much giving the goverment the go-ahead for anything they want to try and get away with.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join