It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Ultimate Breaking Point?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of all relationships, I have noticed that very many people would tolerate very different things.
For example, some can deal with a cheater, others cannot. Some work through drug use, others sign the divorce papers.

So, whether you are dating/exclusive/married, my question to all of you is:

What would be the ultimate last straw for your relationship? What one thing would you just NEVER stand for?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Infidelity.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Infidelity.

Peace

affirmative

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Infidelity.

Yep, that's a pretty big one... It's something I could never do, so I'd expect the same of her...

Intentionally threatening me with a deadly weapon with intent to kill...that'd probably be a deal-breaker too...

Trying to kill me....yep, that too.

Finding out the gal you're with is a dude.... THAT would be a deal-breaker (and earn some serious payback)...

Anything else, I think I'd get over....

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Mostly for me it would be infidelity as well...

Or lack of interest... I really hate it when people get more and more boring as the months go by...

But I know my current wonderful doesn't have the courage to cheat on me... And rightfully so!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I fancy myself an understanding, torerant and forgiving soul but I can only stand so much bitchin and moanin.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hmmm, breaking point? Not sure. The girls I get with usually don't cheat, and the one who did told me so I forgave her. My breaking point?

Has to commit a crime, like major, murder, grand theft, other things. Sorry but don't need to be associated with a criminal.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm suprised to see so mnay "infidelity" answers. I was honestly expecting more "major" answers, such as murder, theft, lies, and the like.
What is it about the cheating that makes it so bad? Is it an underlying statement of finding someone better in bed than you? Is it a primal jealousy? Is it the fear that your once monogamatic (?) partner may now bring home disease?
That being said, is drug use a concern for anyone? Like really hard stuff, such as coc aine, or meth?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hitting, physically hurting me. I cannot imagine it happening, but if it did, I'd be gone.

The coc aine or meth question makes me wonder. I doubt I'd leave, but I'd really try to influence him to change the behavior. He wouldn't be so stupid as to get so involved with a 'bad' drug, though, so no worries.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was with a guy who was not only physically, but mentally abusive, along with a SERIOUS pot problem. I understand if someones got a habit, But I worked 80 hours a week and hed take my whole bankroll and buy herb with it. That was close to the straw, and then once he punched me, I knocked him out cold on the floor called my dad and had a really good flight home.

ANYTHING that ticks me off to the point of pisstivity, they promise that it wouldn't be done and then being done over and over again.

Cheating. I am not a jealous type, but once its done I can't get past it, and why should I lie and pretend I can. You cheat, you meet Mr door, or Im walking.

[edit on 10/27/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think my breaking point is verbal abuse or public degredation [eg. talking to me like a child in front of others]. If these things happen early in a relationship it's a sure sign of worse to come so may as well end it and prevent future torment. Infidelity aside.. lieing is a pet peeve as well. No point continuing a relationship if you aren't sure if they're on your side or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
hmm i dont really know i have hade very bad realsonships been cheated on been hit been slaped been chocked um i whould have to say that basicly i have stayed singel for about 5 years now and i love it

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Lies would be number 1 in my book, that brings things to a screaming halt real quick for me. In my book all things stem from trust, trust means being open and honest, so to lie to me is to take a hammer to the one pillar that supports the house and bring it all falling down.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lies; Cheating.. anything that breaks our bond of trust. Im really big on honesty, and if i cant trust you then i cant be with you. Mistakes happen, but intenionally breaking the trust is my big no no. Thats when they hit the curb

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm suprised to see so mnay "infidelity" answers. I was honestly expecting more "major" answers, such as murder, theft, lies, and the like.
What is it about the cheating that makes it so bad? Is it an underlying statement of finding someone better in bed than you? Is it a primal jealousy? Is it the fear that your once monogamatic (?) partner may now bring home disease?

Well, infidelity IS lying. Not only that, it's a complete betrayal of trust. THAT is why it's such a big deal... It has nothing to do with bedroom performance, jealousy, or disease... It's ALL about the betrayal....at least for me. Luckily, I've never had a serious relationship where this was a factor, nor can I imagine it ever happening with my wife...but I did experience it with less serious relationships...and that was devastating enough.

The thing is, if you're no longer interested in someone, you need to move on, AND let them know...not just keep them hanging on as a backup...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Infidelity.

I get jealous easily, but that's not the reason why I hate it. It's the thought of somebody touching the woman I love in that way and wondering if she'd ever do it again. Just thinking about it makes me feel royally p**sed/sick. If it did happen, I doubt I would be able to even look at her.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Mine is clinginess, I dont care how long the relationship lasts. I always try to make the propor time for the woman I am in a relationship with but it never seems to be enough, whether its calling, emailing, or dropping by my room all the damn time. I need my space, maybe I need to find a woman who feels the same, becuase its nothing but headaches.

top topics

join