It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miers Withdraws, Bush Accepts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That news is breaking.

Wonder why?

National Review Outs Miers Belief in Seperation of Church and State, Women's Right to Self Determination

Excerpts from 1993 Miers speech outrage social Right.

My basic message here is that when you hear the Courts blamed for activism or intrusion where they do not belong…Stop and examine what the elected leadership has done to solve the problem at issue and whether abdication to courts to make the hard decisions is not a too prevalent tactic in today’s world. Politicians who are too concerned about maintaining their jobs...

The underlying theme in most of these cases is the insistence of more self-determination. And the more I think about these issues, the more self-determination makes the most sense. Legislating religion or morality we gave up on a long time ago...

Where science determines the facts, the law can effectively govern. However, when science cannot determine the facts and decisions vary based upon religious belief, then government should not act. I do not mean to make very complex, emotional issues too simplistic. But some of these issues do not need to be as complicated as they have become if people deal with each other with respect and even reverence.

Guess Bush's stealth civil libertarian was outed. Can't have someone that's pro people or with the grain can we?

Yes, she was totally unqualified. But the fundie pastors we're doing the leg work on behalf on Bush based on his lies she was anti-choice.

Another stealth Souter, but this one was busted. For being mainstream.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
RANT?
The title needs to be changed to: "Bush Asks for Withdrawal, Miers Accepts."

seekerof

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The White House is saying she asked to be unappointed at 8:30 last night.

Which happens to be four hours after being outed as a normal person by the National Review..

October 26, 2005, 4:33 p.m.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
RANT?
The title needs to be changed to: "Bush Asks for Withdrawal, Miers Accepts."

seekerof

Well, I think that's how it really happened too.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Regardless of where the direction came from......

Yes!!

Man, the first sensible decision out of the Whitehouse in ages...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Its clear what kind of powers move in the white house people tend to oversee the forces behind the decisions in the white house over ideologies.

Like Rants said many of then have not business in our politics but if you look at our governments the influences of outside opinions in certain groups are shaping the stand that politicians make.

If people think that everything is for the good of the people just look at what is going on, while laws and legislations are pay for by elite groups with money.

The moral majority rules when it comes to moral issues, even if we the people like it or not.

We are stuck with everything that interest goups wants be religious or corpotative but nobody ask us the American citizen what we want is always somebody else to make the choices for us.

Wake up American we the people has been overrun and step over.

Even if you don't like Miers it shows very clear how the power play works in the white house.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OOOOOOOOPs .. my bad. I misread something. Never mind.

[edit on 10/27/2005 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join