It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cost Of Uploads Is Killing My Points......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I find myself in a position where I want to contribute threads that have some meaning to the community but the point cost starts getting prohibative.

One example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is my thread concerning Google Maps and the masking that they incorporate in some of their images.

The point cost of this thread is very high because I needed to upload a number of images to make my point.

When I go over to the ATS store to increase my upload space:

100 Points For 10K

This kills me...............
I don't want to sign up to Photobucket or the other services out there to be able to post photos to ATS because those services want information from me.
There must be some way to be able to post pictures to these boards without spending all your points or giving up all your personal information to some third party.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Use another host for your pictures.

Example:
www.uploadit.org...

• Free version: 20 files á 200kb

• Pay version ($9.95 USD/year): 1,000 files á 2,000kb (2MB)

It´s much better to use than ats upload...

edit:
    Sorry... I didn´t notice this part of your post: "I don't want to sign up to Photobucket or the other services out there"... so I guess I don´t have any answer to your question just now...

[edit on 2005/10/26 by Hellmutt]

• posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:16 PM
    link   
    Use www.imageshack.us... . I take advantage of their free service all the time and you don't need to sign up or anything.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:38 PM
    link   
    Image:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:46 PM
    link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
    Image:

is this really an appropiate picture to show ?
    shouldnt there at least be a graphic warning first ?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:47 PM
    link   
    imageshack is the way to go for hosting images.

www.savefile.com... is good for documents, however, if a document isn't viewed/downloaded from them for 14 days, it is erased.

The image is a fake alien model, for what its worth.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

That wolf playing leap-frog over the sheep is classic. It makes me chuckle every time I see it.................

And no, I don't want to sign up for some service where I have to give them a bunch of information. I feel that the less information I give out to the net, the better.

Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but...............
    (O.K. I'm paranoid, I don't want to give out the information.....)

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

Image:

is this really an appropiate picture to show ?
    shouldnt there at least be a graphic warning first ?

This is a well known fake autopsy photo of an alien that shows no genitalia or graphic gore other than a leg wound.

Your more than welcome to call me on it, but CNN will show you worse on the hourly updates they do, or what you'll see on your local evening news.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:18 AM
    link   

And no, I don't want to sign up for some service where I have to give them a bunch of information. I feel that the less information I give out to the net, the better.

Wait, you mean there are people giving out real personal information over the intarnets? Pffft! Noobs!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:24 AM
    link   
    Your avatar cracks me up... Is that you by chance?

Springer...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:28 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ufia
    Wait, you mean there are people giving out real personal information over the intarnets? Pffft! Noobs!

That's what I'm talking about; just because they ask for your information doesn't mean you have to really give them your information. Do you know how many bob jones' @ 123 My Lane, AnyTown USA 12345 there must be in the world?

BTW ufia, I echo Springer--that is definitely a different av...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:53 AM
    link   
    You could use a proxy and sign up on a fake address if it really matters so much.
    I just use www.imageshack.us for everything. No names, no numbers, no addresses, no emails, no sign up.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:56 AM
    link   

Originally posted by MCory1

That's what I'm talking about; just because they ask for your information doesn't mean you have to really give them your information. Do you know how many bob jones' @ 123 My Lane, AnyTown USA 12345 there must be in the world?

BTW ufia, I echo Springer--that is definitely a different av...

I can't enter false information to sign into a website, nor can I lie to another man.

It's not always an easy row to hoe...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:32 AM
    link   

I can't enter false information to sign into a website, nor can I lie to another man.

It's not always an easy row to hoe...

I sense a Catch 22 here. You won't post your information because you don't want any organisation to have your details, whiich implies that you have something to hide. But you won't give them false information because you will not lie. Someone who has something to hide but cannot lie...

So my question is: What are you hiding?

No lying, now.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:43 AM
    link   
    Putfile is free and it does not require registration unless you want to upload files that are over 10mb.

putfile.com...

It handles images and videos.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:18 AM
    link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
    Putfile is free and it does not require registration unless you want to upload files that are over 10mb.

putfile.com...

It handles images and videos.

putfile.com.../29903072948.jpg&s=x10

This is just a test.............

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:59 AM
    link   
    After uploading the photo, there should be a list of your files and text next to the abbreviations URL, BB, HTML.

Double-Click the text next to the BB item and then right click and choose copy or press ctrl + C and then paste that URL here.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:39 AM
    link   

I give out real information.

Let the Goverment come for me, I know I'll win.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Odium
    I give out real information.

Let the Goverment come for me, I know I'll win.

Same here--I give it out all the time, unless I've got a sneaking suspicion I'm going to get junk mail or telemarketers calling. Then I make something up. Nothing to hide; I just don't want to be bothered.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:23 PM
    link   
    My given personal info is usually...

Calvin N. Hobbs
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Tampa, FL, 33605

Ok, with 2400 points, it would seem you could afford a bit more upload space, hehe.....
    But, as mentioned, there are some free services that don't ask for info... Otherwise, I'd recommend some ATSNN activity, as that seems to be the best route...from what I hear....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join