It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair warns Iran over terror

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
its the only thing that will save Bliar's bacon

- How does this idea work?

TB is off, he is retiring and stepping down towards the end of this Parliament; he has no 'bacon' to save.

Personally I don't believe for one moment that the UK will involve itself in an attack on Iran whether the Americans are going to or not.

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's a fasinating point, the possibility that the UK would 'desert' the US if they decided to move on Iran.

I think there was an quote by the presently popular Galloway who said that in a talk with Blair he asked why he went along with the US with such apparent willingness. According to Galloway Blairs answer was that it allowed the UK to 'punch above it's weight'.

Now this may or may not be true, but I can see the reasoning. I do think that it has gone so far now as to be 'all or nothing' as far as supporting the US goes. If the call came from the US I think that any refusal by the British would not be forgotten and undo any ties between the two which have been strengthened in recent years. So I would be hesitent to say if the UK would or would not go along with the US over an attack on Iran. Although I do honestly wonder whether politicians would have the guts to say no to the US over such a big issue even at the expense of their better judgement.

Jak

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seems to me, England is using the basic carrot/stick method.
If you stop trying to get nuclear weapons, the western world will work on normalizing relations as in trade and such.
If not, there may be extreme consequences.

So far there is the US, France and England-I wonder how many others will join in in denouncing Iran's "clearly stated" intentions.

Most people in the world feel if the end of the world-Armageddon would happen, it would start in the middle east. Many people felt it would be by a move/action of Israel-but it seems to me that it might be Iran that causes the destruction of the world in a nuclear war.

[edit on 10/26/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by uknumpty
its the only thing that will save Bliar's bacon

- How does this idea work?

Tomorrow's Plamegate indictments could be the start of the unravelling of the Iraq war lies that Bliar sold his soul to. Another war in Iran or Syria could buy enough time to send the hounds of justice off elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Now come on, admit it, you're just doing this on porpoise!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I swear, I honestly dont think the US covers geography...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
C’mon DW you have to let that one go or it will drive you nuts. To most Americans England and Britain are one in the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I feel the UK wont get involved in Iran because of concerns. The only reason London was bombed was because of the Iraq war. Iran may have nukes. Al Qaeda, also, may have nukes. Although these arent confirmed they are still fears and I am sure Tony isnt going to roll the dice again, especially when he knows the odds - and that going into Iran may result in a mushroom cloud above the city of London.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The way things are going, Iran may not give America or the brits the chance to do anything. It appears as if the latest meeting between the Syrians and the Iran's have them testing the waters on what they can get away with while the troops are working on things in Iraq and the politicians are beating up on each other.

Looks like Lebanon has put its foot down to the Syrian issue on the border also.

Then you also have Israel saying stop Iran or else.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
C’mon DW you have to let that one go or it will drive you nuts.

It already DOES drive me nuts...

To most Americans England and Britain are one in the same.

Yeah I know, ignorance is bliss huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
C’mon DW you have to let that one go or it will drive you nuts. To most Americans England and Britain are one in the same.

Thats OK. The United Kingdom forgives your collective lack of international savvy!

The UK isn't touching Iran with a 5000 mile cattle prod, despite Bliar's protests. The war is already as unpopular as it can get, and Labour have a fourth term to be thinking about.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by glastonaut]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
LOL if there was a mushroom cloud over London it would be BYE BYE middle East from UK nukes and subs and bombers no matter who did it the Middle East would be nuked to kingdom come, unless we have some other secret weapons ready for deployment as I'm sure the only time these secret weapons which we must have would be deployed.

You think the UK wouldn't do that then they under estimate our retaliation and determinant in committing to what would be a retaliatory strike against cowards, and if innocent people die then so be it as that would be the last straw in this war on terror and gloves would come off and a no mercy policy would come around into effect.

Reading what Iran's said lately is bit scary and lets hope it never comes to anything serious.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by blobby]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Some very nice posts here.

As I see it, Iran / Syria are in the crosshairs. Take the fight to them and Iraq will stablize.

The U.K. is coming- the money is good, the international influence they gain is priceless - and at the end of the day, regardless of the motive, the cause is just. Who here can honestly sit here and support Saddam?

With out Syria and Iran, you will see peace in the MidEast. This will happen, even if a new president stepped in tomorrow.

This was almost done in the 80's.

It's not a new idea, just one that is finally being executed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join