It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolution !! Russia Develops Plasma Stealth Tech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.mosnews.com...

The Russian aircraft industry has developed and will soon start producing stealth aircraft which will radically differ from existing U.S. models. The Russian version uses plasma screens to cushion and disperse radar waves, the Novye Izvestia daily reports.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

vulturesrow.blogspot.com...

forum.keypublishing.co.uk...

[edit on 25-10-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 25-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Could we get some cliff notes? A summary? Or your thoughts on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Somethings not right here. Theres only one actual news source. One is a forum with a link to the first source, another link is to a blog with a link to the same news article. Definatly fishy to say the least.

A hoax maybe? An exageration? Not sure but I thought this would make bigger news.

But assuming this is true I want to see actual results before I make any judgments. Right now the article simply says whats been theorized on ATS and mostly opinions from Anatoly Koroteyev. I'd like to see a Russia vs. US wargame before judgements are made. Oh and some more credible or more supporting links might be helpful.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
At present I dont have time ...Russians have been claiming of devoloping this tech for a long time ......It appears now we have developed it ......and only time will tell how much it works ....by if it works as advertiesd its definitely a REVOLUTION ....

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Such a development would mean that not only could the latest Flankers match the performance of the F/A-22, as they do in most if not all respects , but they would also match it for stealthiness too and at a fraction of the cost. This would be very bad news for Lockheed, Eurofighter and Dassault.

It would be very interesting indeed if proven.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If it happens to be true, would it mean abandoning the PAK-FA program and a focus on updates of the Flanker series?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hmmm this seem to go hand in hand with the russian use of TVC even though no plane could out manuver a modern BVR missile. it has always confunded me why russia would invest so much on technology that will not to do any good in a fight. but with this technology the use of TVC on the planes is explained. if it is true then the days of dog fighting will return once more close in battels with guns and IR missiles.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightdeamon
no plane could out manuver a modern BVR missile.

That isn't true actually, one of the requirements for the Typhoon was ultra manoeverability, this was specified not just for dogfighting as people tend to assume but it was also required to manouvre rapidly immediately after launch of its own BVR missiles so as to force any incoming missile to turn violently towards the end of its flightpath, this being the best way to avoid them as they are at their least manoeverable towards the end of their trajectory when the motor is spent.

This is avoided in new Meteor ramjet powered mach 4 missile, which is propelled throughout its trajectory and thus hit its target with maximum velocity, but that missile is still a few years away from service.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wasn't Russia offering a plasma stealth device for sale not that long ago. Even if they do have it, and it can be easily fitted to existing aircraft, then the Typhoon, Gripen, Rafale etc will all probably get it added on. They will hardly be outdated overnight.

Also if plasma stealth does make a plane 'glow' when the device is being used then it will stand out at night, making visual intercepts easy. Also they will not easily be able to use their own radar (unless the russians have found a way around this) so they will be a bright glowing target in the sky, but of course only if someone is actually out there looking for them.

I still think the more 'conventional' stealth is a better choice, but plasma stealth would make stealth technology available to a wider variety of countries/and existing aircraft.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hasnt this post been done already?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well, presuming the first post represents a new development since that thread, then it would be justified.

Since when has the existance of threads about the raptor, for example, ever stopped people starting new ones. As long as they are saying something new I think they are OK, and the news article liniked above is only a few days old.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Plasma stealth is like aliens, I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Frankly, untill they PUBLICALLY prove they have it, I won't believe them,

They have been saying they had this stuff for years.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The Russian aircraft industry has developed and will soon start producing stealth aircraft which will radically differ from existing U.S. models. The Russian version uses plasma screens to cushion and disperse radar waves, the Novye Izvestia daily reports.

The above quote is so open-ended in nature that quite frankly, Russian implementation could be within the next 5-20+ years. As par, no specifics other than the 'a' typical claims. If I am not mistake, the same thing was asserted by Russian media sources for those infamous bolt-on plasma kits.

Being that I know that the US and Russia have, in the past, jointly worked on some aspects of this technology, I am still very skeptical, especially from the implementation of such by the Russians [as always, funding issues, etc].

I will believe it when I see it; in other words, I will believe it when a credible aircraft industry report indicates such with verification attached.

seekerof

[edit on 25-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Also important if they did create plasma stealth (And I have my doubts) Is can Russia even afford to produce planes with it. Not to long ago Russia designed a new Assault rifle the AN-94 as a replacement for the aging AK-74. One of the most advanced rifles on the planet and in many ways superior to the AK-74.

But where is this new rifle you might ask, well they couldnt afford to produce as the standard shoulder arm. So only the elite forces in Russia get to use it.

The US could probably fax Russia exact plans for the B-2 and I doubt they could afford to even make it. The best ideas are somewhat pointless if you can afford to use them.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
All of the three above posts could be exactly right, I certainly don't know any different. But, if I may say so, I do think I detect a common theme here where the above claim, rightly or wrongly, is instantly dismissed as nonsense but claims of 200ft anti gravitiy, laser beam equipped super secret weapons from the USA, if not openly accepted, are certainly given more credence.

I know that is an exaggeration, but only to emphasise the point that this concept has been quickly rubbished where other, more outlandish ones seem to escape that sort of treatment. TR-3B, for which there is no evidence whatsoever (and utterly different, supposedly, from TR-3A) springs to mind.

I just think we should entertain the possibility that the Russians have finally got this to work and if they have they don't need to develop hugely expensive stealth aircraft like the B-2 and F-22, therefore cost wouldn't be a problem as, presumably, it could be installed in Tu-160's and Su-30's for pretty much the same effect.

I agree its all a big IF at the moment though.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If verified by other sources, this is astounding news. Questions leap to mind though about the effect on the pilot and/or crew of any plane equipped with such a device. Further, the use of sensors integral to such an aircraft would likely be seriously degraded or made inoperable. This kind of technology would indeed revolutionize air warfare, not by virtue of the stealth aspect, but because of the effect it would have on anti-air weapons. The aircraft equipped with such a device might have to turn the thing off long enough to target & launch its own weapons, but they could be turned on again to provide protection & stealth.

Unless the device creates a detectable field such as an atmospheric glow around the aircraft, it could be coupled with a photonic crystal coating to render itself practically invisible to IR & visible light sensors as well as radar.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
If it happens to be true, would it mean abandoning the PAK-FA program and a focus on updates of the Flanker series?

No, which means while Rassia design an aircraft, they needn't overthink about undetected shape.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by R988
Wasn't Russia offering a plasma stealth device for sale not that long ago. Even if they do have it, and it can be easily fitted to existing aircraft, then the Typhoon, Gripen, Rafale etc will all probably get it added on. They will hardly be outdated overnight.

Also if plasma stealth does make a plane 'glow' when the device is being used then it will stand out at night, making visual intercepts easy. Also they will not easily be able to use their own radar (unless the russians have found a way around this) so they will be a bright glowing target in the sky, but of course only if someone is actually out there looking for them.

I still think the more 'conventional' stealth is a better choice, but plasma stealth would make stealth technology available to a wider variety of countries/and existing aircraft.

As my knowledge, using plasma tech. must have a huge capacity of bettary
But a small fighter such as Gripen will has no capability to carry one or more big bettary because of their volum.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Holy crap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that they could deploy their... 400 or so bombers, and nuke US, China, England, France and Israel all at the same time?

If they say it will work for older designs, I don't see why not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join