It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should explore space: Man or Machine?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Let's keep it civil, shall we? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe in the distant future, it will be a blending of man/machine that probes the universe.

Just think, download your conciousness into a robotic body and time is no longer a factor.

Terraforming and systems could be setup by this advanced guard so that by the time "flesh and blood" humans arrive... new worlds and habitats are ready.

It's an idea, although not one we're likely to see for a long, long time....

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I believe that man is more durable than most people would like to think. Compared to electronics,which break down if jolted the wrong way, we can repair certain parts of our biology. We do have to come up with solutions to such problems as air supply and food but for the most part I think it can be done. I just have faith that a actual brain would do better when faced with unknown obstacles.

Who knows? Maybe all we would have to do is get past the moon and stick out our thumb

LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have to say both as well. Let the machines do the initial exploration and if they find something worthwhile we send a manned mission. I know it ain't sexy, but it's realistic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join