It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do you know about the US-China connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh yes the deficit topic again, but this time, I have denied ignorance.
Ok, everyone are welcome to chanllage or/and elaborate my argument. But please provide valid and credible counter-arguments.
My conclusion: Should we blame ourselves or others?
Here are my premises:

Considering US received $1.862 trillion in revenues and managed to spend $2.338 trillion in 2004. Ok from here I assume you think China has a lot to do with this right? Well first, the trade deficit with china is around $170 billion a year, while deficits with EU is aroune $120 billion a year. If we add all the major partners, the deficit with china is less than 1/4 of total deficit.
To my second point: China invest more than $200 billion in the US a year in T-bonds and private securities. Wha????? Yup. Infact, China invest much more $ compare to our “allies.”

cia.gov...
www.rhsmith.umd.edu...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
china is on the rise because of our corperate trading with them, so that means they will become another super power in about 10 years. that will rival US militarily and economically. it will draw out for long time to come, because of their efficiency, ours is top tier when it come to engineerings.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
china is on the rise because of our corperate trading with them, so that means they will become another super power in about 10 years. that will rival US militarily and economically. it will draw out for long time to come, because of their efficiency, ours is top tier when it come to engineerings.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by sturod84]

China is on the rise soly because of the US corps trading with them?

You don't think 1.6 billion (or is it 1.7billion now?) people are enough to drive their own economy to that of challenging the US?

Very good thread!

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08
You don't think 1.6 billion (or is it 1.7billion now?) people are enough to drive their own economy to that of challenging the US?

No. Population alone cannot do it. They need allies to trade with, and more trade equals more growth. They are a manufacturing giant. Just look at how many products with a made in China stamp on them that you buy on a day to day basis. It's insane really. The middle class in america isn't getting destroyed, it's just getting transplanted to China(for Manufacturing) and India(for Office outsourcing), that is how they've become an economic force in a nutshell. They have also figured out the Stalinism and Capitolism can go hand in hand as long as the right people hold the wealth(just like in other countries really) and the populace doesn't get it into their head to revolt.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
as long as they feel the fruits of success their would be no reason to revolt

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
as long as they feel the fruits of success their would be no reason to revolt

I agree. However, the reason I posted this thread is to mainly discuss the theories in US. For instance, why is the current admin and the general public acting as of we are not dependent on foreign investments, and ignorantly blame factors,like China above, for the budget deficit and debt?

Are we in a world that play "Games," or the people in charge are "weird."
What justifiy the current perceptions or actions?
Either way, this is a sign that we do not live in a healthy world.

join