Over time, members like myself can become... controversial.
While I always encourage my fellow members to U2U me if they have any feedback they want to give -- or call me out at the “scene of the crime”
when I post something they just KNOW is wrong -- I get the feeling that may not be enough.
So here's a thread dedicated to me and what other members may have to say about me and my colorful career in the ATS community.
Here, Majic as a member and as a person is always on-topic.
Although the Members forum isn't intended for rants against members, I request that the BTS moderators cut some significant slack in that regard in
the interest of full disclosure.
When a topical discussion somewhere drifts away from the issue and toward me, I would like to be able to offer this thread as an alternative and --
ideally -- reduce topical digressions in other threads as a consequence.
In particular, I'm hoping feedback I receive in this thread will help to make me a better member, which I am sure everyone can agree is at best an
ongoing and tenuous process.
Essentials Of Majicology
Here are some things members may want to comment on:
1. Majic's posting style, forced erudition and generally smarmy tone in his writing.
2. Famous Majicisms. Things that make you go “hmmmm” -- or perhaps “what the heck?”
3. Great Moments in Majic History. Found a really juicy and embarrassing post from my troubled past? Post a link and share your views and
4. How Majic got WATS. This is a traditional favorite, suitable for discussing around chestnuts roasting on an open fire:
On ATS, Ignorance Is Winning
. Fun for the whole family!
5. Does Majic really believe what he posts? Hey, I post some wild stuff, and despite the disclaimers, you gotta wonder. I'm happy to talk about such
things here if you like, or in the original thread -- which is generally better, but whatever you prefer.
6. Is this guy for real? The short answer may well be “no”, but I am what I am. Speculation regarding just what my trip may be is definitely
And I'm sure there is much, much more.
You Can't Be Serious
Granted, this may seem silly, but this is BTS, after all, and despite my prolific posting habits and general loquacity, I get the feeling many members
don't feel like they really know me or understand where I'm coming from.
Well, that's the idea behind this forum, and the idea behind this thread.
Is this just another manifestation of the legendary Majic vanity? Perhaps. Heck, sure, why not?
Will anyone really have anything to say in this thread -- other than me? Maybe, maybe not. I'm good either way.
I just think it's good to have a place for this sort of thing.
Your opinion may reasonably vary.