It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SAS and UAV's

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Quote:

The UK's Special Air Service (SAS) Regiment has carried out trials of the Mission Technologies BUSTER (Backpack Unmanned Surveillance Targeting and Enhanced Reconnaissance) small unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) ahead of an enhanced deployment of UK special forces personnel to Afghanistan in 2006.

The trials at the regiment's Credenhill base near Hereford were part of continuing efforts to improve the reconnaissance-gathering capabilities of the UK's special forces, JDW has learned.

The UK Directorate of Special Forces has also taken a close interest in experiments with larger UAVs run by the UK Joint UAV Experimentation Programme (JUEP). These included trials with leased EADS/Israel Aircraft Industries Eagle and General Atomics Predator B medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) UAVs.

Source: www.janes.com...

I think that this is very interesting, a small group of 4 people combat group operating a UAV to carry out recon. Then plan a attack, or to call in additional resources.

RAB

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
That is the original plan of SAS, Didn't David Stirling say that is would be great if a small group of men could carry out the same kind of a mission that a whole group of soldiers could... There's nothing special with this, they did the same things during WW2...

RAB

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is the original plan of SAS, Didn't David Stirling say that is would be great if a small group of men could carry out the same kind of a mission that a whole group of soldiers could... There's nothing special with this, they did the same things during WW2...

Yes I know about the SAS but the use of a UAV by such a small group i.e. 4 or x of. Is maybe a first, I shows the interest the the UK has in uav's and the network capability that the UK government is often banging on about.

RAB

join