It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arcade Favorites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Stargate, Dragon's Lair, Dig-Dug, Q-Bert, Tempest, Tron, Karate Champ, Centipede, Tecmo Bowl, Journey, Track and Field, and Burger Time.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Man, Dig-Dug was the coolest!

And Karate Champ was easy once you figured out the somersault over their head then reverse spin kick them. You could clock it just by repeating that move over and over.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
And Karate Champ was easy once you figured out the somersault over their head then reverse spin kick them. You could clock it just by repeating that move over and over.

My favorite move was where the guy dropped in to a crouch and did a spinning leg whip. Other than that move I just tried to hit the buttons as fast as I could and jerk the joystick (
) as much as I could. I would sweat buckets playing that game.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Other than that move I just tried to hit the buttons as fast as I could and jerk the joystick (
) as much as I could.

My mom always told me I'd go blind doing that.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Other than that move I just tried to hit the buttons as fast as I could and jerk the joystick (
) as much as I could.

My mom always told me I'd go blind doing that.

Hahahahahahaha!!
Priceless, absolutely priceless.

anyhoo,

My alltime favorite game would have been Stargate ( started out with Defender and then made the transition ) Zaxxon was another fave although I was only mediocre at it.

Question; Was Dragons Lair the 'almost real Cartoon' video game where the graphics, at the time, were cutting edge. Was the characters name Dirk?

edit: runaway smiley!
[edit on 26-10-2005 by Grailkeeper]

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Grailkeeper]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Question; Was Dragons Lair the 'almost real Cartoon' video game where the graphics, at the time, were cutting edge.

I believe it was. Or at least the first commercial production one.

Was the characters name Dirk?

Correct again, I think. "dirk" was a medieval name for a type of dagger.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Stargate! forgot about that game! very very fun...I had it on the Atari and/or Intellivision as well...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Can you lot post pics when you can? There's a few names that I think I know, but I'd have to see a screenshot to remember for sure.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Question; Was Dragons Lair the 'almost real Cartoon' video game where the graphics, at the time, were cutting edge. Was the characters name Dirk?

Yeah, and if you had all the moves down it was easy to get to the end. It was the same movements every time.

The thing that made Stargate better than defender was the 'inviso'. Man 'inviso' rocked!

Peace

p.s. I miss those games where I got to jerk the joystick.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would have to say that Street Fighter 2 Turbo was my favorite game next would have to be Mortal Kombat 1.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Can you lot post pics when you can?

You want me to post a picture of me jerking a joystick????

Give me some time.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Mortal Kombat was an awesome game back in the day and HYDRO THUNDERRR!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen/played "Silent Scope" in the arcade? Shooter game but this time instead of a handgun you have what appears to be a replica of a Hk PSG-1 sniper rifle (there is a video display inside the scope.) Very difficult shooter game, needed a very steady hand with the sniper rifle.

ATV offroad was pretty neat, that motion game. It doesn't seem bad when you are watching someone else, but it moves around pretty well. Fun in first-person mode.

Dammit, I need to get back to the arcade more often. I was playing the home DDR version and I got winded WAY too easily. Oy, I've gotta get back into shape before I go to the arcade again.

[edit on 26-10-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have Aero Fighters and Galaga 88 on the PC Engine, I love that "This Is Galactic Dancing!" bit.

Elevator Action and it's sequel are on the Taito compilations for the PS2.

Ditto for Karate Champ too - same moves I used to use, that somersault and back-kick.

Got a lot of arcade favourites, I think I'd have to go for the hydraulics cabinets like Thunderblade and Afterburner and Space Harrier as you just can't get anywhere near that level of fun in the home yet for videogaming. Other than that, a lot of STG and some puzzle and platform titles, games like Arkanoid, Strider, stuff like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join