It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

satellite picture of ufo (what if)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
what if, using the technology of the day, we caught a ufo from a satellite, would the aliens now, would it get censered, or would we find out using the ever increase use of maps like nasa world wind or google maps

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
i would have to say that these would be your two answers.

A) the government would definitely censor it out.. as you may or may not have noticed, the satellite programs available to us are not real time, and many of the places on these satellite programs such as certain military installations are effectively blacked out.

B) i would have to assume that if aliens were flying within range of our satellite systems, they would have the technology to mask themselves from it.. i mean hell, we already have that technology..(aquired from them perhaps?)

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mik0001000
what if, using the technology of the day, we caught a ufo from a satellite,

You mean like this one?

More photos at rense.com and... google maps

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
hmmm

im not sure about those.... they seem to be awfully close to the ground...
just judging from the size in relation to the houses below in the one picture. in the comments on that site they discuss the possibility of them being grind markers for the alignment of map data. i tend to lean towards that explanation.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
they are all over google maps and are grid markers ive seen them on many a forum and talked to people in the surrounding area who saw nothing and since theyre all over the map...

[edit on 23/10/05 by mik0001000]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well then. I guess we caught a IFO from a satellite.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
i would have to say that these would be your two answers.

A) the government would definitely censor it out.. as you may or may not have noticed, the satellite programs available to us are not real time, and many of the places on these satellite programs such as certain military installations are effectively blacked out.

Not so, depending on what sort of resolution you're after.
I receive live data from the NOAA Polar Orbiter weather satellites as they come over, the resolution of said satellites is pretty low, but if the ship was large enough you would see it. The data is distributed on the Internet by various groups such as universities, though you can get a decent set-up for between £150 - £1000 + Computer.
My set-up set me back £100, out of second hand equipment and a home built Antenna. But to buy it all new and buy the type of antenna I built you'd be looking at about £800.

You can also receive semi-live data from the Geostationary satellites, though unlike the Polar Orbiter's like NOAA which really are live data, I believe the Geostationary data is sent back to Earth, processed and then sent back to the satellite for distribution. This is the case for Meteosat here in Europe.
I don't know what the procedure is for the new digital services though like Meteosat 8 - but you can receive the data using a powerful computer, a Digital Satellite PC card with digital services and normal dish. Here in Europe you can get the data through the Hotbird TV satellite, as there was a problem with the Meteosat satellite so to get around it they stream the data through Hotbird. You have to apply for a free licence which gives you a smartcard or something. I think you have to pay a small fee for the card or reader - not sure as I havn't looked for a while.

And people have captured UFO on them before:

www.ufoevidence.org...
Picture and write-up

www.beyondweird.com...

EDIT:

You can also receive data from some of the high resolution surveying satellites, but it costs many thousands of pounds and you need a licence.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

they are all over google maps and are grid markers

Wait a second. If they are "grid markers" why aren't they all over google maps? They would be found every X miles wouldn't they? As far as I know these things have only been found over Florida and California.

Here is one that isn't a complete circle. map

Here is one with 2 objects in it.map

Another double. map

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

what if, using the technology of the day, we caught a ufo from a satellite, would the aliens now, would it get censered, or would we find out using the ever increase use of maps like nasa world wind or google maps

Hello

As McGuirk said, there is no doubt to me that all datas from space satellites are monitored and checked by secret services so that nothing "out of ordinary" can be seen by the public. During the Disclosure Project conference in 2001, a skeptical journalist asked a similar question. I zipped this part of the conference. You can download it HERE.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hello? Can't anyone hear me or something? I've already said you CAN get live info from certain satellites if you have the equipment, I'm not speculating I'm talking about what I do myself. (as I said - all for about £100 + PC).

If you would all rather believe that the Government has an iron grip on all satellites for some reason, then crack on
.. But it's not true in all cases.

The NOAA Polar Orbiters that I receive basically work like a big fax machine, as they move they are constantly scanning and sending out the data in real time, endlessly for their entire lives.

I have a cheaper APT system, which is lower resolution, but if you spend a lot more money you can receive the much higher resolution HRPT images. Both work off the same satellite on different frequencies and are in real-time. There is no PHYSICAL means to intercept or change the signal, and no-one knows what it's seeing until it's sent the image, if you are receiving it you receive the same signal at precisely the same time as anyone else at that time, including the government. Even they can't change the laws of physics.

Here is a low-resolution APT picture I received from it with my equipment a few months back (please not it is scaled down and compressed for easy viewing):

Here's a good place to start for anyone that wants a go themselves:

www.rig.org.uk...

7) Can I receive NOAA satellite data directly from the satellite?
Yes. There are some satellite imagery services that can be received directly from the satellite using relatively simple, low-cost equipment. Many schools and private individuals are among those receiving data directly from the NOAA satellites. Consult our brief overview of the types of satellite direct readout data services. We also have a list of manufacturers of various types of receiving equipment used to receive NOAA satellite data.

noaasis.noaa.gov...

You can see some samples of High Resolution images from the same group of satellites here:

www.fvalk.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Maybe AgentSmith. However the US government may have the possibility to deny receptions of some pictures, directly at the source of the satellite, and monitor the entire traffic. US government is the one who have full control of it

[edit on 23/10/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Hello? Can't anyone hear me or something? I've already said you CAN get live info from certain satellites if you have the equipment, I'm not speculating I'm talking about what I do myself. (as I said - all for about £100 + PC).
If you would all rather believe that the Government has an iron grip on all satellites for some reason, then crack on
.. But it's not true in all cases.
Here's a good place to start for anyone that wants a go themselves:
www.rig.org.uk...

Maybe. However the US government may have the possibility to deny receptions of some pictures, directly at the source of the satellite, and monitor the entire traffic.

I can assure you in this case they do not, the only thing they can do is turn it off alltogether, they have no way of seeing what it broadcasts before you do. This is fact.

Obviously if they knew there were 'giant motherships' or such like in orbit then they would more than likely then turn them off, knowing that it would be inevitable for the satellites to be beaming pictures back.

As I already have pointed out, very large UFOs have been captured and broadcast all over the news, and they were captured on the Geostationary satellites which do (In the older Meteosats at least) send the data back to Earth for processing and then back up to the satellite for distribution. (Which is all fully automated and takes a matter of minutes anyway).

What is important though - is that in the case of the Polar Orbiters at least, if you do receive a picture, then you can rest assured it is live data that it has not been altered

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Those looke like solid spheres to me, not saucers. And they dont look too close to the ground, after you zoom in too far they start to lose focus as the ground starts to gain it. Then again maye thats motion blur... but if it is then they would have to be something besides grid markers. In any case, they're too close to the ground, just looks that way.

EDIT: Scratch that, played with it a little more. Look like glare maybe. Dunno, could be wrong.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Delirious]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The goverment would definatly sensor out any of that. They don't think we could handle it.

They even cease tests at Area 51 when particular satellites are within range so that the satellites don't spot anything.

new topics

top topics

join