It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congress Set to Pass Law Eliminating Liability for Vaccine Injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
US Senator Richard Burr is planning to enact legislation that will deny American citizens the right to sue the government and vaccine manufacturers in the event of any harm being caused by faulty vaccines in the event of a national medical emergency.

National Vaccine Information Center

Washington, D.C. - The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is calling the "Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005"(S. 1873), which passed out of the U.S. Senate HELP Committee one day after it was introduced "a drug company stockholder's dream and a consumer's worst nightmare." The proposed legislation will strip Americans of the right to a trial by jury if harmed by an experimental or licensed drug or vaccine that they are forced by government to take, whenever federal health officials declare a public health emergency.

The legislation's architect, Senator Richard Burr (R-NC), Chairman of the HELP Subcommittee on Bioterrorism and Public Health Preparedness, told the full HELP Committee yesterday that the legislation" creates a true partnership" between the federal government, the pharmaceutical industry and academia to walk the drug companies "through the Valley of Death" in bringing a new vaccine or drug to market. Burr said it will give the Department of Health and Human Services "additional authority and resources to partner with the private sector to rapidly develop drugs and vaccines." The Burr bill gives the Secretary of DHHS the sole authority to decide whether a manufacturer violated laws mandating drug safety and bans citizens from challenging his decision in the civil court system.

The bill establishes the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA), as the single point of authority within the government for the advanced research and development of drugs and vaccines in response to bioterrorism and natural disease outbreaks such as the flu. BARDA will operate in secret, exempt from the Freedom of Information Act and the Federal Advisory Committee Act, insuring that no evidence of injuries or deaths caused by drugs and vaccines labeled as "countermeasures" will become public.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I've put up an Op/Ed discussing the legislation, but I thought I'd post it here as well for maximum exposure since I consider this to be an extremely disturbing piece of news for Americans and for the global pandemic issue.

Op/Ed: Behold a Pale H5N1 Horse...

[edit on 2005-10-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This kinda' makes you not want the vaccine doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
wtf..no more vaccines for me, another STAND OUT move of great importance..to me it seems this totally covers up anything else they choose to put in the vaccine

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I haven't had a flu shot for 10 years and I have no intention of starting now. Great piece, wcip.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This pending bird flu pandemic that is being touted is slowly becoming a bit of an alarming issue. Especially a thought I had a while ago and majic had presented the same idea on a PODcast. It was about the 40 microbiologists dieing.

Now you have Quarantine procedures, (which if an outbreak happens it could be nessecary), soficrow just had a nice post on the US classifing the 1918 avian flu something that restricts it to be tested on US soil and with the watchful eye of the government. Now we have this, they want to protect the stupid pharmaseutical companies if the vaccine doesn't work and they can experiment on us. Something just doesn't seem right here.

I haven't read the OP/ed yet but I plan on it once I get a chance.

Edit actually I think there was a podcast on the fear that they hyped the bird flu up so that we would take the vaccine. Since this is going through and it appears to have the wording for "experimental uses", I wonder if someone, perhaps it was one of BH's podcasts, was on to something with that idea.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So now we are to become Guinea pigs to multi million dollar pharmaceuticals and we can not sue them for their mistakes.

More power to big corporate American!!!!!! Does it makes any different if we get outrage or not?

We have been shove all this pro big business laws and regulations and we are suppose to be the ones electing our leaders in the government.

Is anybody doing anything for the citizens of this country anymore, to protect us.

Will this included vaccines for children?

[edit on 21-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
The proposed legislation will strip Americans of the right to a trial by jury if harmed by an experimental or licensed drug or vaccine that they are forced by government to take, whenever federal health officials declare a public health emergency.

Sounds like this is just in time for the introduction of H2H bird flu vaccine that they have no idea whether they'll even be able to create yet or even if it will be needed. I wonder if this covers intentional harm.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I couldn't add a link when trying to edit my last post. But here is the podcast thread. Springer on bird flu and china
If you listen to Benevolent heretic's podcast the last one I believe, it's very interesting line of thinking and BH I am starting to wonder if you are right on with this one.

new topics

top topics

join