It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Behold a Pale H5N1 Horse...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
H5N1...SARS...WNV...AIDS...so many deadly acronyms to be worried about these days. Pestilence, that famous allegorical horseman of the Apocalypse, may well be checking his saddle and spinning his spurs even as you read this, and his three terrible companions may not be far behind. But as we, the masses, tremble at the prospect of an unprecedented global pandemic, with projected deaths ranging in the hundreds of millions, there is one group that is rubbing their hands together in glee at such a prospect, and that is pharmaceutical companies and vaccine manufacturers. True to historical form - sorrow, misery and death are the dividend reports of huge corporations, and Western governments, of course, are right there to protect their buddies, and to make sure you have no recourse for justice. Read on...

external image

If you're unaware of the disaster that is threatening the world at the moment, in the form of a highly pathogenic strain of Avian Influenza, affectionately named H5N1, then I'd like to welcome you back from your stint in that remote Siberian coal mine you've called home for the last year or more. For those of you who haven't been drilling through the permafrost of the former SU, I'll skip the unpleasantries of describing the already well-known potential fall-out from this pandemic and cut right to the other unpleasantries.

DISEASE PREVENTION...AND CORPORATE PROTECTION

With such a frightening prospect for global disaster looming over our heads, the natural reaction is to look to government to do something, to protect us, and ultimately to show us that all that tax money pumped into national and international health programs is well-spent. Well, governments are ensuring that the protection is there, but not for who you think.

In the United States, Republican Senator Richard Burr is doing his best to ensure that Americans will get lots of forced vaccinations in the event of a federally declared public health emergency, and he's also ensuring that if any American citizen experiences any debilitating effects, is injured, or dies from any viral cocktail that the government injects them with, they will have no legal recourse to sue the government, or the pharmaceutical companies that produced the vaccine.

The U.S. Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005 (S. 1873), of which version was due to be finalized yesterday Oct 20, establishes the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency, or BARDA, ("I can't believe it's not BARDA") as the over-riding authority for development of "biodefense" drugs and vaccines in the United States, denies American citizens the right to obtain information in regards to those vaccines under the FOIA, and furthermore denies them the right to sue the government if they are harmed in any way by drugs or vaccines distributed or administered by the government.

The draft version of the Act can be downloaded here:

S. 1873 - pdf (163KB)

The bill is rather long and complex, but I'll cut to the juicy parts:

SEC. 319F-3. LIABILITY PROTECTIONS FOR PANDEMIC AND EPIDEMIC PRODUCTS AND SECURITY COUNTERMEASURES.

(a) AUTHORITY. -- As provided in subsection (b), and subject to subsection (b)(1)(C), a manufacturer, distributor, or administrator of a security countermeasure, or a qualified pandemic and epidemic product, described in subsection (b)(1)(A) or a health care provider shall be immune from suit or liability caused by or arising out of the design, development, clinical testing and investigation, manufacture, labeling, distribution, sale, purchase, donation, dispensing, prescribing, administration, or use of a security countermeasure, or a qualified pandemic and epidemic product, described in subsection (b)(1)(A).

But don't fret, there is still one path of recourse to sue the government, and that is if the Secretary of DHHS decides that he, the US government, and their vaccine-maker buddies WANT to be sued.

(C) POTENTIAL LIABILITY ON DETERMINATION.--

(i) IN GENERAL.-- A manufacturer, distributor, administrator, or health care provider shall not be immune under subsection (a) or exempted from a cause of action under subparagraph (A) if the Secretary makes a determination as provided for in subparagraph (D).

(ii) INVESTIGATION BY SECRETARY.-- A party seeking a determination under subparagraph (D) may petition the Secretary to investigate allegations against a manufacturer, ...

So there you have it. H5N1 threatens the USA, you and your kids are herded to clinics for mandatory vaccinations, one of your kids dies a day later from the faulty vaccine, and you have to beg the Secretary of DHHS to let you sue him and/or his friends. What a charming prospect! But I'm sure we can all agree that, "in these troubled times", government and pharmaceutical corporations must be allowed to cook up their soup in their bio-kitchens without fear of anyone getting upset because they died or something.

But Richard Burr has no time for these petty concerns. In fact, he speaks of the legislation and how it will benefit corporate America in absolutely glowing terms on his website:

burr.senate.gov...

Specifically, the legislation would:

• Establish the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Agency, or BARDA, as the single point of authority within the Federal Government for the advanced research and development of medical countermeasures, including drugs and vaccines, in response to bioterrorism and natural disease outbreaks.

• Encourage potential researchers, manufacturers, and health care delivery partners to commit substantial resources to bring innovative new and better products to the market more quickly.

• Provide incentives for the domestic manufacturing of medical countermeasures for pandemic and epidemic diseases.

“We need to improve our ability to prepare for, and respond to, bioterrorism attacks and natural outbreaks with a comprehensive approach,” said Senator Richard Burr. “I believe we need to make sure someone in the Federal Government is partnering with the private sector [...]

"Encourage"...?"Incentive"...? Well I'm sure freedom from liability and the ability to act completely in secret is a wonderfully encouraging incentive. Nice one, Dick.

ANYONE ELSE...?

On the other side of the Atlantic, Tony Blair is doing his part to ensure the preparations are made, with plans for the government to buy 120 million doses of H5N1 mutant strain vaccine once a pandemic emerges, enough to inject every man, woman and child in the UK twice over, just to make sure. And as expected, the pharmaceutical fat-cats are already slobbering at the prospecti of huge, lucrative government contracts to supply the soup. Whether or not any Brits who kick the bucket from their concoction will be able to in turn kick the suppliers is unclear and, knowing Tony's penchant for following Washington's lead, increasingly doubtful at this stage. Of course, Johnny Howard will do whatever Washington does, so I don't even need to touch on that one.

NEWS: Britain To Give Bird Flu Shots To Entire Population - ATSNN

ONE FOR THE CONSIPOLOGISTS

So as the microscopic creepy-crawlies make there way around Asia and Eastern Europe, and around the global MSM psyop network, many are asking , "Can the feds be trusted?" And the answer from many who see the workings of the world in a slightly different light is: "Probably not."

external image

The United Nations is famous for its vocal advocacy of population control, using such flowery terms as "sustainable development" and "family planning", and constantly rabbiting on about the effects of over-population such as the threat to the environment, global poverty increase, disease, famine and all those other nasties that crop up when you get too many of we homo-breedus-like-rabbituses walking around the Earth, elbows clashing at the crowded dinner table. In the late 1970's and early 80's, the health arm of the UN, the World Health Organization, carried out extensive immunization programs in Africa to eradicate small pox and polio. At around the same time, a free Hepatitis B vaccination program for young, promiscuous gay men in Lower Manhattan was instituted. And a few years later, whaddyaknow, the "immune deficiency syndrome" was identified in Africa, and the "gay-related [sic] immune deficiency syndrome, " was identified in Manhattan. The rest, of course, is history.

As the H5N1 fear is turned up a notch with each passing week, and governments are already putting plans into place to deal with it, and to protect themselves from any public backlash as a result of any "unfortunate" side-effects of vaccines, some with a conspiratorial view of history are wondering if we aren't being set up. But the question is, exactly how...

FURTHER REFERENCE

Congress Set to Pass Law Eliminating Liability for Vaccine Injuries - National Vaccine Information Center

Bird Flu News - ATSNN

H5N1 Avian Flu Issues - ATS Forum

H5N1 - wikipedia

[edit on 2005-10-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Excellent submission. If I could vote more than once, I would.

We really need to be aware of the potential dangers associated with this flu, and I don't mean illnesses, but the governmental involvement, control and intentions.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was in a way thinking about this the other day.

There is a lot of conspiracy theory going around that the Bird Flu is an intentional virus for depopulation. But if you think about it this would be a better strategy. Make the population fear the bird flu, forcing them to want to be vaccinated. Then have the vaccine as the real tool for depopulation.

Sometimes, I wonder how we get out of bed every morning.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks for this...

I'm certain there will be many who blindly accept whatever our 'benevolent'
governments dictate is in our best interests. However, there will also be those few who wish to stand back and see the whole picture.

If it were not for posts such as this, shining light on the breadth of implications regarding forced innoculations, we would ignorantly go to our clinics with only hope and faith.

Such posts are the grist for the ATS mill.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this will be interesting ride. Thankfully WIP, Soficrow, and others here at ats are on top of some very interesting developments.
By the way I gave a WATS for the op/ed. Especially since it seems not to be report nationally and is something one has to take into consideration if or when this flu breaks out.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There is a lot of conspiracy theory going around that the Bird Flu is an intentional virus for depopulation. But if you think about it this would be a better strategy. Make the population fear the bird flu, forcing them to want to be vaccinated. Then have the vaccine as the real tool for depopulation.

My theory is that he vaccine might contain something that will make entire populations more controllable.. [there are a varirty of toxins that can cause this] seems the standard propaganda/brainwashing tactics aren't working like they use to. ATM I'm more afraid and suspicious of complusary vaccines.. I find myself watching the news intently seeing if they use they same graphic images of dead chickens.. there are alot of dramatic 'close ups'.. the government says 'we don't want people to be pannicked but you will die if you don't roll up your sleeves'. Media is contolled by goverment and corporations. When this supposed pandemic actually starts and is definite only then will consider getting the vaccine.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by riley]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Those who believe in God will be taken to heaven where we will prosper for eternity. Those who participate and create these disasters will rot in the fires of hell for eternity and they are so stupid to believe otherwise. I can hardly wait to watch them burn in hell.

A Deo Lux Nostra.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Those who believe in God will be taken to heaven where we will prosper for eternity. Those who participate and create these disasters will rot in the fires of hell for eternity and they are so stupid to believe otherwise. I can hardly wait to watch them burn in hell.

A Deo Lux Nostra.

That's not a very Christian attitude!

Great post Wecomeinpeace, very informative.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
My theory is that he vaccine might contain something that will make entire populations more controllable.. [there are a varirty of toxins that can cause this] seems the standard propaganda/brainwashing tactics aren't working like they use to.

That seems a little out there, but not entirely impossible I guess, especially since we're already down the road a bit in considering the outrageous-seeming prospect of deliberate and massive population reduction. If there were a sinister side to any vaccines, I would imagine that instead of mind control, it could be designed to a) actually produce the opposite3 of the advertised effect, weakening instead of strengthening resistance to the virus, or b) injecting 1 in 5 people with a sleeper virus or the virus itself, while the rest get a placebo.

Regardless of whether there's a global conspiracy angle to this or not, the stripping of citizens' rights to sue in the event of gross and fatal negligence is cause for concern enough.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, misread GrndLkNatv's post. Reply deleted.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Excellent post wecomeinpeace

Many government paid "experts" are totally blind. They will see when it is too late.

Virus is not the Disease.

Its Cure is the Distroyer.

Pestilence. One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is here.

The so called "life saving" vaccine will wipe out more than half the world population.

www.guardian.co.uk/birdflu/story/0,14207,1542182,00.html

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
That seems a little out there, but not entirely impossible I guess,

I know. I wish my brain would shut off for a while.. I just keep thinking about the Nazis.. stories about treating cancer patients with experimental drugs that aren't meant to fight cancer [against their knowledge].. and I'm still iffy on fluoride in the water supply. Apparently large amounts of fluoride make people dosile.. there are precedents.. but I also have a very morbid and dimented mind so we can always blame that instead.

especially since we're already down the road a bit in considering the outrageous-seeming prospect of deliberate and massive population reduction. If there were a sinister side to any vaccines, I would imagine that instead of mind control, it could be designed to a) actually produce the opposite3 of the advertised effect, weakening instead of strengthening resistance to the virus, or b) injecting 1 in 5 people with a sleeper virus or the virus itself, while the rest get a placebo.

This isn't out there?
An entire population? That would be risky.. it could kill everyone and the rich need people to serve them drinks. The main problem with overpopulation [aside from pandemics and resources] is not being able to control it.. this would be a viable solution and everyone would be too scared to say no. Of course if they do they could die. When it's time.. I will just have to flip a coin I guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You have voted wecomeinpeace for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I dont give votes out very often but this was worth it. Very interesting article and very well presented. Nice one. I dont have anything else to add to the general disscussion as im still learning about the disease, i just wanted to show my appreciation for a well written article.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

GREAT story wcp. I shudder to think what's going to happen. ...The USA just refused to share info about the 1918 bird flu too - makes you really wonder exactly what they're trying to hide. And how deep it goes.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WCIP,

I'm kinda stingy when it comes to these:

You have voted wecomeinpeace for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

BARDA seems more a good ole' bait and switch C.Y.A. routine. Ooops...Sorry?!

er uhm . . . next please ~!?

IMO it smells of continuation of the status quo. Huge secretive contracts and development with crafty "handshakes/backscratches". All under the guise of protecting "Joe Public".

On one hand:
If it mutates to a human-to-human variant we are in deep *. In our mobilized global society H5N1 would be around the world in days, if not hours. From what I've seen there's a 50+% mortality rate. Stand in line for the quikprik? uhmmm . . . and the choice is?!

On the other hand: [that dirty conspirital one]
Is this another bang on the fear factor gong?!

Just another PRS. Problem, Reaction, Solution? I'm not an Alex Jones fan nor did he invent P-R-S

Is it more a PRSwI situation. Push the Problem, thereby causing the Reaction and ultimately providing the Solution. But here is where the solution with Intent comes in.

Intent = vaccination
Intent = population control
Intent = care for a chip ole' chap
Intent = ???

All this and the many scenarios that could play out . . . without judicial recourse.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ahh, perhaps the REAL plan is to get us to distrust the vacines, so H5H1 can kill us, but then after people start deep sixing from the flu, the rest of us clamor for the "shot", therefore infecting us with a mix of HIV, TB, Hep A B C, AND PINK EYE!
Now the real fun would begin as the NWO kicks in claiming an overall cure IF you would agree to; sign over all land and family wealth to your local Earl, Duke, or Dr. (whateverroyalty) and agree to work for said ruler, AND have the tatoo of an owl stamped on your forehead, next to the miniturized credit bar (666) or the upside down credit bar (999) so you could take part in local commerce.

Then we can all take that toe-nail medicine that destroys your liver so we can die with "clear pretty" toe-nails!

Quick warn the masses, don't take Lipator! Fin-Finn! or Barcardi & Cola!

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Ikema]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
More people means a bigger customer base and tax base. Just does not make sense for depopulation. We are long overdue for a major virus

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I suppose I'm really out in left field with most of you, but I think this is a good piece of proposed leglislation. It would streamline the identification of, and response to, bio-weapons and naturally occurring disease outbreaks and I think that's a good thing. You've drawn attention to but one portion of the proposed leglislation--the inability to sue. However, look at the hoops any vaccine must jump through before it becomes "qualified" under the language of this proposed law. There are a lot of safeguards erected to reduce the hazzard of coming out with a bad vaccine. Further, the quick response this leglislation envisions absolutely precludes years of testing--as is done with most new drugs--and whoever is contracted to produce a quick response vaccine will absolutely need some protection from our litiguous prone society, which seems to sue anymore at the drop of a hat.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
would you please link me to the part of the bill that makes these vaccinations mandatory?

last time i checked they didnt even have the capacity to give every one a vaccination for seasonal flu.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Lovely, nothing like setting up the nation as guinea pigs and big pharma is to be held unaccountable for contaminated vaccines that kill people. At a loss for words...stupifyingly insane or deceptively evil?

ATS Disease, Mandatory Vaccines, WHO, CDC and the NWO Agenda 03-12-2004

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
would you please link me to the part of the bill that makes these vaccinations mandatory?

last time i checked they didnt even have the capacity to give every one a vaccination for seasonal flu.

My comment, "Republican Senator Richard Burr is doing his best to ensure that Americans will get lots of forced vaccinations in the event of a federally declared public health emergency," was based off this:

National Vaccine Information Center
The proposed legislation will strip Americans of the right to a trial by jury if harmed by an experimental or licensed drug or vaccine that they are forced by government to take, whenever federal health officials declare a public health emergency.

I've been going through the S. 1873 legislation a piece at a time, and there is no reference in it, that I can see so far, in regards to mandatory vaccination. Thanks for the clarification.
Whether or not their comment was based on mandatory vaccination statutes enacted in other legislation or Executive Orders related to national emergencies, I can't say. Perhaps somebody else can expand on that. Possibly their comment was meant to mean "in the event of".

[LATER EDIT: Clarification of the above on page 2 of this thread, 2nd post.]

On a related note, there is still some talk as to the possibility that Gulf War Syndrome was as a result of mandatory anthrax vaccinations for US military personnel.

www.anthrax.osd.mil...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.anthrax.osd.mil...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join