It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby for sale!!! Get your babies online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Chinese police are investigating a report of attempted baby trafficking on an internet auction site, according to a state-owned newspaper.
The advertisement was reportedly placed on eBay's Chinese website, Eachnet.

Boys were advertised for 28,000 yuan ($3,450) while girls were offered for 13,000 yuan ($1,603), Eachnet manager Tang Lei told the China Daily.

The offer could have been a hoax, but it comes as baby trafficking is seen as an increasing problem in China.

i hate wen people want to sell their baby or babies for money. no matter how desperate situation he or she or they, its no excuse to sell babies. hope its a hoax, but still even not on the internet, people sell babies in the blackmarket.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey many of these babies end in the US and other industrialized nations, so as long as countries like ours support it and is a market for them they will keep on doing it.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You know. Just yesterday i was playing a stock market/business game "Wall Street Raider", anyway i bought out Ebay and was controlling it and every now and then you get these 'ethical decisions' which are kind of like cheats to help boost income. Anyway, this one involved Trading online babies online from some top-secret base in a country where the governments can be bribed to turn a blind eye. In the game it is kind of a joke about how far coporations are willing to go, and while this dosen't seem like a corporation i felt the need to raise this pointless cosmic alignment anyhow.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised at this? Nowadays it seems children are just property anyway.

We live in a disposable world.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Why am I not surprised at this? Nowadays it seems children are just property anyway.

I'm disgusted by this as well, but your post makes it sound like this is a new problem. Children have been sold on the black market, sold as slaves, for thousands of years....the only thing new here is the Internet.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that someone was dispicable enough to try it... but I am somewhat puzzled as to how they got as far as they did.
I'm not fluent in Ebay ethics but wouldn't they have some type of 'filter' or mods that would catch this type of thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamic Reality

Originally posted by Amethyst

I'm disgusted by this as well, but your post makes it sound like this is a new problem. Children have been sold on the black market, sold as slaves, for thousands of years....the only thing new here is the Internet.

I'm just saying that it seems to be a bit more blatant, is all. And it seems that people are just being numbed.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i agree with Amethyst.. i mean seriously.. what has the world came to???????

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
From what I gathered the average cost for adoption in the US is 12,000 to 20,000 dollars. You all think this is wrong, but this person could be just putting his child up for adoption on EBAY and cutting out the middle man. If anyone should profit from adoptions, it should be the parents. So why shouldnt you be able to sell your child on ebay, but someone else can sell them in an adoption process. Odd.

[Disclaimer - I love my son very much and would never think of doing something like this. But I would have to think that if you could get your child into a better home and living conditions while also boosting your living conditions, then why not do it.]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would buy a baby girl as long as its orphaned. Also, the going price should be cheaper since when you do the math the child is going to cost many thousands to bring up and educate properly.

Of course, proper screening should be done. We dont want any Tom Dick or Harry to be able to just "purchase" one for whatever....

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Of course, proper screening should be done.

I agree, a background check should suffice.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Increasing income by cutting out the 'middle-man' has some merit, unfortunately in this case, I think it would create a new medium for the black market and the criminal elements would be the only ones who would prosper. The 'average Joe' trying to sell a baby to allow the child a better life, would fall to the wayside as criminals and other undesirables would cash in, causing more pain and suffering, be it at the childs wellfare or the parents misery (baby snatching). I have to think there are a lot of stories we don't here about already that probably pertain to this.

new topics

top topics

join