It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Alien shows on TV tonight! (Thursday 10/20)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
4PM UFOs: Seeing is Believing
UFOs - Seeing is Believing

6PM Naked Science
Alien Contact

The National Geographic Channel

UFOs: Seeing is Believing was one of the last great documentaries Peter Jennings did and it's very fitting that it had to do with UFOs, even if it was slightly bias... God Bless Peter! No one will grace the news as you did!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
UFOs: Seeing Is Believing...... If I'm not mistaken that's one of Gaz's favorites!
j/k

I don't think I've ever seen the one that's on the National Geographic channel. I might have to check that one out.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

even if it was slightly bias...

Slightly???

Peter Jennings exercised the most shocking display of shoddy journalism when he publicly exclaimed that the Roswell incident was a "myth". At the VERY least, it's still a dispute, but it was a direct lie to the American public to state that it is conclusively proven that a Mogul balloon was recovered.

Any SERIOUS investigation or even cursory examination of the evidence will show some serious problems with that explanation....and most readers here know this. Jennings, and/or his team didn't bother to do real research into this issue, but instead chose to state the "myth" theory as if it were solid fact.

Then again, this should come as no surprise to those who've seen Jennings' other special on JFK, where he again reassures the American public that Kennedy was shot by Oswald and Oswald alone...despite the fact than in order for it to be true, we'd have to believe that Lee could fire a bolt action rifle much faster than the current world record holder, and the laws of physics would allow. Furthermore, we'd have to believe the "magic bullet" theory, in order for Jennings report on this to be accurate.

Personally, I'm not one to speak ill of the dead...but I don't particularly mourn the loss of this "journalist"....

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

even if it was slightly bias...

Slightly???

I think we knew that was coming

side note the national geographic runs the Jennings special constantly, I'd say at least one a week if not more. still haven't seen the other one though that I know of. So I will try and catch it if I'm home tonight, though Thursday is party night here on campus

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think we knew that was coming

I felt I'd be remiss if I DIDN'T mention something, hehe....

I've never had a UFO special gall me so much that I had to e-mail just about everyone involved in the production and include links to the research they completely ignored....

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Ah yes, the section on Roswell is terrible, but he does point out how Project Blue Book was under funded, under staffed, and pretty much a public relations scam to make the public think UFOs were nothing of importance and mearly stars, swamp gas, ect...

And the Minot AFB UFO story was really good. Still not explained. Blue Book said what they saw was a star.

Yeah, I'm sure that huge 200 foot UFO the guys in that B-52 saw hovering on the ground was a star!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Great film,,
Hawkings if the only science hero I have..
Thanks for the posting...

new topics

top topics

join