It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez says he has intelligence that America would invade his country very soon.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Venezuela's President, Hugo Chavez, says he is in possession of intelligence showing that the United States plans to invade his country.
In a BBC interview, Mr Chavez said the US was after his nation's oil, much as it had been after Iraq's.

But he stressed that any invasion would never be allowed to happen.

Mr Chavez has long accused Washington of being behind what he describes as a coup - claims the United States denies.

An attempt to unseat him three years ago was aborted.

The Venezuelan president was interviewed by the BBC's Robin Lustig in Paris, while on an official visit to France.

who is giving him the intel? the CIA?
, im sure he is scared big time. all paranoid and stuff. relations have been goin down between the U.S. and Chavez ever since he criticize America's invasion of Afghanistan after the 9/11 attacks. i wonder wat he would do if his country was attacked in 9/11 style.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ay Dios Mio.

Now that guy Chavez is a real piece of work. Real soon? Like how is that gonna happen? Yeah the whole Persian Gulf fleet is going to completely disengage and come sailing right up Chavez's chimney.

Hey ya know on second thought, maybe that's not such a bad idea. We probably gotta put up with Sunburn's and Onyx's either way, but hey at least we'd be out of Russia's and China's backyard. Yeah, let the IAEA and the UN have Iran, get them to denuke Isreal while there at it, stabilize the middle east, and then make Chavez ship us every last drop.

Now what's wrong with this picture?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The guy has recently had his life in question twice because of two americans. The CIA tried to oust him three years ago. It was a miserable failure and quite disgusting. The power of the Venezuelan people brought him back. A government for the people, which they clearly appreciated. Guess where some of the puppet govt officials ended up? Your homeland.

Recently he has openly stated that he would sell cheap oil to the poor americans. Nobody has picked up the offer yet.

...and if his country was attacked 9/11 style, maybe he would be in heaps of crap for not having the media smokescreen that the us of a has.

Chavez is a smart man, I wouldn't be so quick to call this "paranoia and stuff".

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is it me or is this guy really paranoid?

And I thought some good folks around here were paranoid..........

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
Chavez is a smart man, I wouldn't be so quick to call this "paranoia and stuff".

I have to agree with this.

What other choice does he have? If he doesn't say anything, he'll be overthrown or killed and nobody will be any the wiser. Now the government controlled American media reports absolutely everything this guy says in order to make him look paranoid. It's really a no-win situation for Chavez. He knows that it's already been decided that he's going to go one way or another. He knows it's about his country's oil supply. He's just C.H.A. as best he can. I don't know if I would do it any different.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You know what, I wouldn't even put it past BushCo to decide to invade Venezuela. Chavez might actually have something to fear.

I hope we don't invade Venezuela. Last thing we need is another war.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy

I'm sorry, but that is about the funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life... "A smart man." GIVE ME A BREAK! Anyone modeling their form of government after Castro's is anything but smart. Any man who is interested in bucking the entire Western world is not smart. Any man willing to start a war of words over absolutely nothing is NOT smart. Chavez is many, many things but I can assure you that smart is NOT among them.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What is this fist pumping buffoon up to now?

He has intelligence that we will invade real soon? LoL, let him be paranoid for all I care.

But what is amazing, is that a man who is saying something against the US without any proof or facts to show for is believed by half the ATS members. Yet, it’s our government officials that are the ones lying. That, ladies and gentleman, is incredible.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nothing but the BBC rehashing old news.
Chavez been talking and asserting the "invasion" garbage for quite some time now, even ran off his mouth over it before the UN.
President Chavez's Speech to the United Nations

As such, and to the protected denial of others, Chavez is paranoid of such occurring, cause quite frankly if he was not paranoid, he would stop asserting the "invasion" garbage.

The man is a bonafied Castro-minime, and when taking power in the ways that he has, he should rightly be worried about being removed. In fact, I do not know a single dictator that has assumed power that did not worry about beijg removed in like manner. Paranoia runs rampant among such type people; Chavez is certainly no exception.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
He's gotta be bull#ting. How's the US even gonna do that with most of the military in Iraq?

But yes, I would be very paranoid too if I was him; he's got many enemies and they've tried already to unseat him.

Didn't this asshole Pat Robertson even call for his assassination? heh...And he calls himself a Christian.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe Chavez is just making a mockery of the "Intelligence" that Bush had to justify the Afghan/Iraq invasion?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Maybe Chavez is just making a mockery of the "Intelligence" that Bush had to justify the Afghan/Iraq invasion?

Lol, that made me chuckle. But yeah, it could certainly be.

And for those criticizing his intel, let me remind you that our intel isn't that good either. I mean, the whole thing with the WMD in Iraq was more disastrous than anything Chavez could possibly say.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
To those who would state that Chavez is a dictator, I would like to ask underwhat premise do democraticely elected leaders become dictators with social reforms as thier key economic policies? These, the very same people who vehemently deny that George Bush is himself running his country in a dictorial manner.

Chavez is a smart man indeed, it's found in his linguistic skills displayed in his current U.N speech; no idiot can formulate such a coherent speach and at the same time recieve an standing ovation thereafter.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
Chavez is a smart man indeed, it's found in his linguistic skills displayed in his current U.N speech; no idiot can formulate such a coherent speach and at the same time recieve an standing ovation thereafter.

And I suppose he provided the UN with the hard evidence that the US was planning to invade? You can have all the linguistic skills in the world, but if you going to accuse, then lay down the evidence. It is the biggest reason so many Americans have a hard time believing the reasons for war in Iraq: just not enough hard evidence. Bits and pieces maybe, but enough to warrant killing thousands and thousands of people over, including ours?

[edit on 22-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I never once defended his stance on America Invading his country, if you will read closely. This is speculated opinion at the moment with very little veracity on his part; he can provide evidence, as he did with his attempted assination, but the onus is on him; not me.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

i wonder wat he would do if his country was attacked in 9/11 style.

He would blame Bush.....

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
'Chavez says he has intelligence ........'

Oh gawd ... that's a riot!

[edit on 10/22/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think Chavez is hyped up on some colombian herion or coc aine.....this guy is a loser....why waste time on sorry venezula...(notice i didn't spell his country's name witha capitol, because i spit on chavez and his country)

this guy is a nut job.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
God there are too many American nuts here…George Bush isn’t very smart too…he’s a coke head, a drunk, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, only got into some of the top universities in America because of his daddy, practically drove every company he has ever ran into the ground, and started into an illegal war which he can not win. Not to mention his family has NAZI ties.

If you studied Economics, US policy and their influence in the World Trade Organization, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, you would see how their policies affect and bankrupt many countries, destroys the environment, and increases poverty around the world, and maybe some of you guys wouldn’t be such biased uneducated retards.

I’m don’t condone killings of innocent people, or attacks, like how the World trade centers were destroyed and part of the pentagon, however, since the US kills innocent people around the world and manages to convince dumb Americans its always been for “freedom”, I don’t feel bad at all that you guys got attacked. Get ready cause this stuff is going to happen allot more to you guys.

I guarantee if you tried to INVADE Venezuela, or Iran, you would have a problem with Russia, India, and China at the least, and would eventually result in a war in which the US would be defeated. And I know all you nuts are going to be like ”no way man, were number one dude, cowabunga!” But let me make it clear…any country/empire in the history of time that has ruled the world has eventually fallen, ALL OF THEM. The US will meet it fate within this century, no doubt.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku
God there are too many American nuts here

because we see a paranoid dictator making baseless accusations you wish to attack us? what is your point?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join