It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Live Acts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here is a list of some of my favorite shows.....

Kiss - need I say more?

Aerosmith

Queensryche - Empire tour in which they also performed the whole Operation: Mindcrime (rockopera" album)

REO Speedwagon - Just an all around good show...kept the crowd involved etc.

Sir Elton John - I saw "An Evening with" t'was just him and a piano....awesome

Can't say I've been disappointed with any of the concerts I've seen, but these are just a few of the stand-outs of the many concerts I've attended.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
MAIDEN!
MAIDEN!
MAIDEN!
(repeat as needed)

They were as tight as a duck's backside when I saw 'em. F'ing great show.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ramones
Beasts of Bourbon
TISM
AC/DC
Nomeansno

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ive seen many bands live, but gotta say Lords of Acid puts on the best show

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Dope
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
Flaw

i would give anything to see AC/DC before they die...which im sure will be soon..

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I say Coldplay, only based on bootleg video and audio from their concerts, my first coldplay concert will be feb 6th.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Pink Floyd

The Division Bell Tour
Mile High Stadium, Denver, CO under a full moon

Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour
The Dean Dome, Chapel Hill, NC

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The most impressive live shows I've seen:

AC-DC, Back in Black tour.
ZZ Top, Eliminator tour.
Ozzy, Diary of a Madman tour.
Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast tour.

These were the biggest and baddest and loudest, but they weren't necessarily my favorites. Those would be:

Van Halen, Van Halen I tour-- in a 2,000 seat arena when nobody really knew who they were. I went on a whim and left KNOWING that they were going to be huge.

Marilyn Manson in the basement of the Cuban Club in Tampa, Florida. It was a benefit for WMNF-- a listener supported radio station. Again, it was obvious by the end of the show that he was destined for bigger things.

Frank Zappa in a soon-to-be-demolished dance hall in Salt Lake City UT. It was general admission and the stage was elevated maybe a foot off of the floor. The audience sat on the floor, and he sat on a stool on the stage and it was just him (and his band) and us. It was like storytime with Uncle Frank...

Kodo-- traditional Japanese drum troupe-- in some events center in Denver, Colorado. That's something that really needs to be seen live, since one can feel it almost as much as one can hear it. Amazing.

Ziggy Marley, UB-40 and Musical Youth somewhere in the Tampa Bay area. I only vaguely remember this one, which is as it should be.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Idlewild are storming live
really enjoyed their show in April and their appearance at the V festival this summer (even if i did have to suffer Rooster!)

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Which bands have you seen that just put on those special shows that make you grin like a loon for a week?

This is a pretty weird list, I concede, but I love so many different acts.

INXS - back in the day.. (mid-80s-early '90s) they could rock your A double S off. They were the only opening act I ever remember blowing me away...

GoGos - saw them twice (way back in the day) and a couple yrs back at the House of Blues... those girls are pure, adulterated fun

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar.. throw in the pyrotechnics.. Eddie Van Halen is a maestro..

Dave Matthews Band - One of the acts I'd see over and over and over again.. Awesome live.

Matchbox 20 - GREAT band.. GREAT live. Rob Thomas is a genious

Rod Stewart - he was F-en GREAT (before he got geriatric and went Elton John on us.)

STING - What can I say? Sting's a master. A musical genious.

Conversely.. one of my all time favorite groups The Black Crowes,
played one of the worst concerts I've ever heard.. right up there with a drunk as X Hank Williams Jr. It was unbelievable. They played all of ONE song I wanted to hear. I left the concert cussing.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were kickA live - saw them in Seattle and in Columbia, SC.

Billy Idol was great in Charlotte.

I've always wanted to see AC-DC (another all-time fave) live, but never had the energy to put toward trying to buy tickets. My friend in the Army saw 'em twice and was a slave to them for life. Angus, another freaken GENIOUS. Who can follow Angus on the axe?

Would have loved to have seen Bob Marley.. My mom was down in Jamaica once, back in '77, or '78, and someone from Marley's circle asked her to go a show of his and to meet him later. I don't what the X she had going on that night, but she actually turned them down. (And lived to regret it later.
)

and I still wanna catch Jimmy Buffet sometime.. Who can not be a parrot-head? I know one thing, from being in a war, if I was ever stuck on a deserted island, or had to go back to hell, and I could take 10 cds, Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley would definitely be on that list. They're brilliant storytellers.. during the war, I'd pop in "Changes in Lattitudes," walk however many miles alone, out to flight line, and my mind would be taken so far away from where I was... it was good for the soul.

Would love to see the EAGLES (saw them play an awesome accoustic set back in the 90s on MTV). Ain't gonna pay half my month's rent to see 'em tho. They've made enuff money throughout my lifetime. I still love 'em tho.

Roger Waters came to Charlotte several years ago and I got free tickets at work. I didn't really feel like going so I gave 'em to my roomate. He was blown away by the show. He never quit reminding me how stupid I was for not going. I probly should have. I LOVE Pink Floyd. He said it was best show he'd ever seen - and he was in his 50s, so he'd seen a few.

[edit on 1/7/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Most of this greatest live shows thing has to do with your taste in music... For me it would have to be.

Grateful Dead - Only got to see one show before Jerry died.

Phish - especially new years shows... can't remember much about it except they did Pink Floyds the wall one day complete with Pink Floyds original theatric stage sets. www.phish.com...

Widespread Panic - A southern band from Georgia... Just a great live show to go to in general. Everything from heavy metal to blues to soul type music all in one concert. www.widespreadpanic.com...

String Cheese Incident - Famous for their 3 or more day festivals of fun. Kind of a bluegrass country rockish band. Hard to put a label on it. www.stringcheeseincident.com...

David Grisman Quintet - What can I say... The man was just as big a genius as Jerry himself. Plays a mandolin like no other. And... Well... He's still alive. www.dawgnet.com...

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - a modern jazz band that just puts on a killer a show. Great laid back atmosphere. Perfect for bringing a new date to. www.flecktones.com...

Wow... Just noticed Bela Fleck and some other killer bands are putting on a 3 day show aboard a Carnival Cruise ship!!! Wish I would have known about this!!! www.jamcruise.com...

[edit on 7-1-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just have to add one more to my list:

Al Stewart at the Barbican

'there were two problems with my dance song, first its about Joseph Stalin, second its a Russian dance song!'

How can you not love it?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Paul McCartney - Back in the USA

great dvd, really enjoyed it. Not something I seen live, but I own the dvd and it felt like I was in the front row. Watching somebody who has been around for that long and still enjoying himself.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
2.) The Damned

I am so jealous, I love The Damned!!!

I havent been to many concerts, but out of the ones I have been to and thought did a darn good job....

The Exploited
Motorhead
Queens of the Stone Age

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh yeah... 311 is from my hometown of Omaha Nebraska. Used to go see them before they got big and sold out to California.

"Omaha Stylee"

If you like 311 you really should check out the band Moe. Killer shows and they have a similar type beat but don't rap quite like 311 does. Their newest album "Wormwood" is just sick.
www.moe.org...

You can download the album straight from their site here if you are interested.
www.disclogic.com...

[edit on 9-1-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Simon and Garfunkel
The Eagles
The Buena Vista Social Club
Billy Joel
Peter Gabriel

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Surprisingly one of the best shows I've seen was actually Kid Rock. I'm not a real big fan of his music, but he puts on an awesome show.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sevendust about 2 years ago was awesome
Nonpoint is the best live act in the genre
Elton John is amazing
Bob Marley (greatest live performer ever!)
Metallica and Nugent were great
Reveille put on the most entertaining show I ever saw
Otep is a fun show too. She is the hottest metal singer ever.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not old enough to have seen them live but, I do own "The Song Remains the Same", and "How the West Was Won" by Led Zeppelin. Amazing. If I had been around to see them I definately would have. The "BBC Sessions" are great as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join