It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Behind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In Christian Pop Culture, it's always being discussed by many Tele-preachers, and Jack Van Impe. They haven't all gone totally insane with conspiracy theories, but I have seen them on TBN. And The 'Rapture' isn't the staple of the religion, it's a blessed hope.

But for me (and probably growing number of Christians) I am sick of hearing about it. I've heard about it for since I was born, first from the Jehovah Witnesses incredibly inaccurate and often date setting for the end to Protestant Theologists and Writers giving their spin on it. I don't care anymore! Either take me or not, just take someone!

Are their any Christians, Catholics, Wiccans, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, Shintoists, etc.. that are tired of "The Rapture" as I am?

Too bad.. Looks like I am going to talk and rant about it anyways..

What if I am or you are left behind? What would you do?

Go to this website and start printing off everything, because you'll probably need it! www.raptureready.com...

First thing I would do... Depending on the time of day... If at work, I would probably walk off the job and NEVER come back. If it happened late at night, I wouldn't be going to work the next day.
- Go to the store load-up on Liquar, beer and cigerettes (I don't smoke, but I would start!) Get roaring drunk and pass out.
- Pack-up the car and head to somewhere remote in Middle America (Probably Kansas)

Now, the Tribulation and Rapture aren't necessarly related events, it might be 20 years after the rapture, that the Anti-Christ would come to power and sign an agreement with Israel starting the End.

I believe it would be within a year of the rapture that the Anti-Christ would come to power and broker a deal that would screw-over Israel.

I would take all the books I have on Theology and Survival, I would start spreading the word that the end is nigh, as the thugs in charge would start hunting down anyone that stood in their way..

If it all happens to be true and you are "left behind", you and I probably won't survive the seven years.

Spiritually what can you expect?
When The Holy Spirit leaves Earth, and takes the Believers with it, That Holy Spirit which has been holding back the UNholy spirit will be unleashed. I believe you will see demons and spirits as plain as day, doesn't matter if you are psychic or not.
Exorcism and Delieverances will be rendered useless, by this time, the won't need to oppress or possess people.

If you get taken, you'll have a big supper in Heaven, A Gigantic Church service that is beyond comprehension and some type of ceremony following, something that is a cross between a wedding and a Catholic Confirmation ceremony, where God himself will MC.

Meanwhile it will litterly be hell on earth as Satan Declares war on Jesus and Humanity.

How soon is this can the rapture happen? I don't know, and sick of waiting, I want it to happen now! But it's all in God's time.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What if I said there was never going to be any type of biblical apocalypse?

People been waiting sicne the death of christ for this, 2012 is the new date, but it will change, you will all be still living the SAME boring lives in 2013. If not feel free to cast stones at me, I'll be the guy jet skiing on the lake of fire.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Uh we are lost in space lol!

We don't know how we got here or where we come from. yet we wake everyday and hop in the car for the ratrace its funny as hell.

But yes as you said it crap! Not the event of end of days but people getting excited for it! What is this the action point of the Jesus movie? If you belive in God and Jesus why are you excited for end of days? Why would you be excited to see people die and satan/demons come? That is so dumb!

I'm sorry but there is no logic in sin!

If you were raised in a crap home ghetto whatever you can bet your ass you will sin and never know what is wrong or right.

I have faith this is a maze or puzzle of sorts if you will but Satan and Demons come on! God is smarter than everyone why would there be any of this crap? Why wouldn't people just burn up first time they sin. Makes no sense. Freewill/desires come on you can't have good with out bad or you are nothing and everything.

I hope the beauty of it is the creation of it all! I mean we mock god by creation right? We would have to be like mini gods. God has wrath we have wrath etc etc Maybe this is just an evolution process for us. Cause if you have or are everything you will be nothing as well hence laws.

If I am am wrong screw it should of left me more than a book written by the choosen ones!

[edit on 20-10-2005 by japike]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I for one as a Pagan am not sick of hearing about the Rapture. Matter of fact the Book of Revelations is my favorite out of the Bible. I enjoy studying it and find it highly entertaining.

If I am left behind there is only one thing to do and that is survive until the coming of Christ. Not much more you could do.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The thing about prophecies is that they are only discovered after the fact. This is not to say that said event was truly predestined, but rather that it was labeled as a specific prophecy after it occurs.

I prophesize that WW3 is coming and (basing that opinion on human behavior throughout history) it will someday, but I don’t know the exact date until after it happens. Now the Rapture is a bit different because we have no historical evidence that something like it has occurred before. However, if anything remotely similar to the prophecy occurs in the future then I’m sure that will be labeled as the Rapture by those searching for a connection.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Now the Rapture is a bit different because we have no historical evidence that something like it has occurred before. However, if anything remotely similar to the prophecy occurs in the future then I’m sure that will be labeled as the Rapture by those searching for a connection.

Two Prophets in the Old Testament were Raptured. But why need a past event to validate a future event?

I for one as a Pagan am not sick of hearing about the Rapture. Matter of fact the Book of Revelations is my favorite out of the Bible. I enjoy studying it and find it highly entertaining.
If I am left behind there is only one thing to do and that is survive until the coming of Christ. Not much more you could do.

Party maybe. As for myself, I would probably join some resistance group that goes around handing out bible tracts and having secret bible studies..

You said it, now what? I don't know if we'll even see it in our life times, I seriously very much doubt. because "This generation shall not pass..." Jesus was referring to what Generation? That event is either 1948 with the formation of Israel.. 1967, Israel siezes Jersusalem. But, I still doubt that. it makes more sense that it's Israel siezing Jersusalem, but still not for sure. That event is probably in some future date and time when Israel rebuilds the Temple of David. (Currently where the Dome of the Rock is located).

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

People been waiting sicne the death of christ for this, 2012 is the new date,

There is nothing, I repeat nothing Biblical about this date. This date is not referenced in the Bible. From what I've heard this is based on some Mayan calendar. That has nothing to do with the Bible. I'd like Jesus to return yet tonight, but if that doesn't happen that means there are still things He has for every christian to do.

Here's what I do know about the return of Christ. Tomorrow we will be 1 day closer to it then we were today.

You can also look at His return in another way also. He will return in my lifetime and yours. You and I are not going to live forever. 1 out of every 1 persons dies. That's a 100% percent chance we are going to die. At death we will face Jesus.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985
Party maybe. As for myself, I would probably join some resistance group that goes around handing out bible tracts and having secret bible studies..

I see someone has been reading or has read the excellent series "Left Behind" by Tim Lahaye (I forget the co-author).

I blew through those books in about two weeks.

Plus I would be right along with you if I was not already taken.

new topics

top topics

join