It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

syria and iran war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hey guys i have been reading ATS for about a year now. always enjoy your viewpoints (especially souljah) anyways i just wanted to say that a 2 front war against Iran and Syria is crazy....and I am scared because I am 16 and I can be drafted in a few years. I believe in some of Alex Jone's ideas about the NWO. but anyway I found an article that says Condy Rice won't rule out military strikes against Iran and Syria....its coming:

LINK

Mod Edit: link only.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Relax, there will not be a draft. Americans can tolerate a lot of BS, but not a draft.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
America will tolerate a draft just as it has in the past.

The draft is coming, the handwriting is on the wall and this time around, females will be drafted as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There is no need to invade Iran nor Syria. Any "necessary attacks" would be aircraft or special forces; professionals, not drafted soldiers.

The Selective Service board revised the draft, but there are no attempts to use it. Read the Snopes article:
www.snopes.com...

In the words of retired Lt. Col. Leonard Wong:

"The draft would be the Army's worst nightmare," said retired Lt. Col. Leonard Wong, now a research professor at the U.S. Army War College at Carlisle Barracks. "We have a high quality Army because we have people who want to be in it. Our volunteer force is really a professional force. You can't draft people into a profession."

Which means most of the population 18 to 26 doesn't have the skills required for a modern professional US Army.
They don't want you.

We're talking about Senate Bill 89 (S. 89), and House Bill 163 ( H. R. 163).

Senate Bill 89 was introduced by Mr. HOLLINGS, i.e. Senator Hollings, a Democrat of South Carolina.
thomas.loc.gov...:s.89:
House Bill 163 was introduced by Mr. RANGEL, i.e. Rep. Charles B. Rangel, a Democrat of New York.
thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.163:

Here's the story: Both these bills were introduced to discredit the current administration. If I remember right, one was never voted on, and the other got two votes. It was an attempt to frighten the population, and change the voting patterns. It didn't work, hardly anyone believes that the draft will happen.

Having said that, ask me again in a year, the world changes...

My opinion, everyone should have 3 to 6 months of military training. It's good for you. But it's true that the military profession, in general, should be left to those whose heritage and honor compels them to want to protect their country.

And last, but not least, I give you Russ Vaughn's poem; "The Sheepdogs"....
savethecolors.squarespace.com...

cjf

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZPE StarPilot
They don't want you.

There is quite a bit of truth (concerning a ‘draft’) to this statement. A 'draft' is not currently wanted nor warranted by all sides of the card. This does not mean ‘things’ can not change in this regard. There are many, many other options available other than placing more boots on the ground.

new topics

top topics

join