It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Oiled ANWR Legislation Greases Through Senate Energy Committee Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
$2.4 billion dollars. That's it. That's what the Federal Government gets from leasing your Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling. Of course the oil companies make much more.

But the Senate Energy Committee proved today it has nothing to do with lowering your gas bill, or you at all frankly. It's not even for domestic use necessarily.

Otherwise, why reject a proposal from Democrat Ron Wyden of Oregon that would have prevented ANWR oil production from being exported to China or other foreign markets?

Opponents to the Wyden proposal said the Congress does not prohibit Texas or Louisiana from exporting their oil.

So? Weren't these the same proponents of the special use of our national treasures to beef up domestic reserves at one point?

I just don't get why some continue to allow them to lie to us. And why some will continue to defend this travesty in spite of the truth. Clearly nothing you were told as the rationale for this is true. Just a couple billion to fund more big government and wars. That's it. That's why you let them sell out ANWR.

China thanks you proud conservative US Patriots.

Morons.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
$8 million. I want it. It's mine.

I never had any doubt we'd have to drill ANWR someday, but I'd hoped my grandkids would benefit. You know, last oil on earth.

But since we're selling it to the Chinese now, I want my cut.

I don't trust the government with it at all. This is clearly the worst investment strategy in the history of the world. The Indians got a better deal for Manhattan.

I want my $8 million since the government has proven it can't handle our natural treasures.

Sign up here for your $8 million. I'll forward the list to the Republican Party. Morons.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Stupid math!

It's only $8 dollars!

Those son's of bitches sold us out for $8 dollars! God damnit.

Why the hell did you morons lower taxes anyway? I want the OIL you idiots. Stupid god damn Republican criminals. $8 was all it took to save ANWR and the oil for ourselves?

Feck I'm furious. What is wrong with people? $8 dollars. Could of had oil for the US, but nooooo.

You just got raped America.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oh yes! let's drill for more oil. Forget the land. Forget that our refineries can not handle anymore influx of oil.Yes it all makes soooo much sense.
Let us drill this oil and sell it to other countries. It will only line the pockets of the oil magnates (Bush & Company). Let's not worry about the US citizen who are starting to choke due to high costs. Hey, instead of making the americans pay $1.90 for heating oil as is projected at the moment, let's bump it up to $2.90 or even $4.90. That way, we can substantiate the need to use tax dollars to "build" new refineries.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What with record prices doubling and the profits almost doubling as well...

I came across this article, which saids that the final vote is expected today. Not sure how credible it is though. Personally, I find anwr to just be a bonus for them on the whole oil scam. Unfortunately it was bound to happen.

They say "See, look at the price per barrel. We need to help ease that burden." Yet Exxon and the bunch are bringing in huge profits, and they aren't even hitting the expected ones at that from what I understand.
See my post in this thread

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So far all I can say is "no surprise here"

American sheep has been oiled and greased to believe that anything in our country is done for the good of the nation and the safety of its citizens.

Does anybody see any outcry and protest against oil barons against the Government? is none.

So don't be surprise if very soon even our souls are sold to China for profits.

top topics

join