It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Anyone else watch it? I flip it on from time to time, great documentary footage and indie news type footage. I like the "pod" format, and the interactivity of it. All videos that make it on there can be viewed on their website here... it's odd to think that Al Gore was involved in putting this together, but it seems his involvment is limited. Great business idea though... since content is viewer submitted, they only need limited production equipment, just distribution infrastructure. They really need to extend the viewer submitted content to include commercials, or at least one of the commercials every break. Generally, it seems there's less commercial breaks on current, but 1. aforementioned cheapness of their operation, and 2. Google slapped its logo on a lot of it, so i imagine they're getting money from that.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerKint

This cracking channel has just been turned of air in the uk, al gore says the cable and communications companys say it is not in their interest to air these documentaries at this time, seems a little bit of a feeble excuse to me to turn of our real only alternative media program.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There are plenty of good shows on now...it's just that with more and more channels, you have to do a lot more weeding to find them.

The bigger problem is networks not giving decent shows a fair shot when they are gaining audience (like Alcatraz, for example, which I believe wasn't renewed). Grimm, Once Upon A Time, Secret Circle are some other good recent additions with uncertain futures.

Some old faves have jumped the shark and are on the chopping block also (looking at you Fringe)....

join