It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Laws Used on Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You say that the patriot act is to protect America from evil terrorists. That it is for the good of us all? Well, it isnt being enforced on Al-Qaida cells, but on American born citizens who are not trying to attack the government.

Yahoo! News

Drug Dealers, Con artists, and tinkerers are being oppressively prosecuted for things that normally would be relatively benign.

The Water is near boiling my little froggies, the water is near boiling.

XAOS

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by xaos]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Prosecutor Jerry Wilson says he isn't abusing the law, which defines chemical weapons of mass destruction as "any substance that is designed or has the capability to cause death or serious injury" and contains toxic chemicals.

So, Phillip Morris will be expecting to be shut down soon? This is total BS.

In one case prosecuted this year, investigators used a provision of the Patriot Act to recover $4.5 million from a group of telemarketers accused of tricking elderly U.S. citizens into thinking they had won the Canadian lottery. Prosecutors said the defendants told victims they would receive their prize as soon as they paid thousands of dollars in income tax on their winnings.

Before the anti-terrorism act, U.S. officials would have had to use international treaties and appeal for help from foreign governments to retrieve the cash, deposited in banks in Jordan and Israel. Now, they simply seized it from assets held by those banks in the United States

Now, I know that scamming the elderly is evil and totally corrupt, but what the US did was even more corrupt. There were other ways to go about doing this, more just and fair ways, ones that did not interfere with private companies.

Bubble, Bubble, Bubble.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And making only Middle easterners register with immigration? What about the millions of illegal immigrants from other countries? they should register too. be forced to register at least.

Whats next, speeding is illegal? Producing toxic chemicals into the environment, This means paper Mills, glass factories, car manufacturers, chemichal plants, ect, are also terrorist and should be shut down.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Watch what you say, there's a consentration camp near you and it has a cell with your name on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Is no one scared by this? It is scaring the shoot out of me. This is exactly what has been foretold by Civil Liberties groups and scifi writers. The government has used the war on terror as an opportunity to become Big Brother. This shouldnt be happening in America, please don`t let it.

XAOS

P.S. Britman, I`m in Switzerland, Ashcroft cannot touch me here. I pulled a Mark Rich and got the hell out of there before I was sent to a concentration camp for terrorist activities (read: Posting This).

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by xaos]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just think about how much immediate control would be taken by the government if they actually did go after corporations or whoever for producing products which were proven to be life threatening.
If they wanted to push it they could achieve almost complete control overnight.
-power plants
-fuel refineries
-alcohol and drug industries
Just about everything you can think of....
Is this how they are going to do it?.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the whole meth labs getting WMD charge makes me laugh cuz they aren't shutting down all the factories that are spewing 100s of tons of chems into the air which will kill or seriously injure ppl, so lets get to sueing and shut the damn country down! lmao

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
the whole meth labs getting WMD charge makes me laugh cuz they aren't shutting down all the factories that are spewing 100s of tons of chems into the air which will kill or seriously injure ppl, so lets get to sueing and shut the damn country down! lmao

YES! Is anyone here a lawyer who wants fame? If so, then do exactly what banjo said, and watch the journalists roll in. I would do it myself, but I have another ten years before I get my law degree.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In fact,isn't it part of being a member of the bar that you do not confront the courts with cases which would conflict with the interest of your sworn position as an officer of the court?.
I plan on addressing some of these issues myself,I need to do some ass kicking in court to get out from under my own cloud first.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"Experience should teach us to be most on guard to protect liberty when the Government�s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.� �United States v. Olmstead, 277 U.S. 438, 479 (1925)

FYI:

18 U.S.C. � 2332a(c)(2), provides the following definition of "weapons of mass destruction":

(2) the term "weapon of mass destruction" means--

(A) any destructive device as defined in section 921 of this title;

(B) any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;

(C) any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector (as those terms are defined in section 178 of this title); or

(D) any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life.

18 U.S.C. � 921(a)(4), provides the following definition of "destructive device":

(4) The term "destructive device" means--

(A) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas--

(i) bomb,

(ii) grenade,

(iii) rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces,

(iv) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce,

(v) mine, or

(vi) device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses

The root of our dispute seems to lie in the definition of "destructive device."

Tell ya what, let's do it for the children!
If we can save one child by gutting the bill of rights, it is worth it!

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The government has used the war on terror as an opportunity to become Big Brother. This shouldnt be happening in America, please don`t let it.

How do you think we are going to stop the government?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy

The government has used the war on terror as an opportunity to become Big Brother. This shouldnt be happening in America, please don`t let it.

How do you think we are going to stop the government?

It will end up in a Civil War. Citizens vs Govt. If you think this sounds far fetched, think again. What are all of the militias in the country about???? Get all of them together and you will have a nice sized army. When the shyte hits the fan, a LOT of normal non militia citizens will surely join the ranks.

I give it ten years.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It will end up in a Civil War. Citizens vs Govt. If you think this sounds far fetched, think again. What are all of the militias in the country about???? Get all of them together and you will have a nice sized army. When the shyte hits the fan, a LOT of normal non militia citizens will surely join the ranks.

I give it ten years.

Violence is not the answer.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Xaos,

Very true. Unfortunately, violence seems to be a second nature of too many people in the world today. And here we have a government who believes violence is the answer. War for everything. War on drugs. War on terror. War here war there. And unfortunately, these are our "role models" (term used very loosely). Kind of a monkey see monkey do type thing. Unfortunatley, violence only begets violence.

Wish I could think there will be a brighter future, but I have always been, and will most likely always be, a pessemist.

top topics

join