It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brainpower multiplied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have given quite some thought to this. What if your personal beliefs determine what happens to you when you die? By this I mean if you are christian , you will go to heaven/hell, aethiest go nowhere and so on. Now with the majority of of brainpower not being used conciously, we could be connecting to likeminded people on a subconcious level which would multiply with each likeminded person. Kind of like the "mob mentality" but on a mass scale. What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
What if your personal beliefs determine what happens to you when you die?

I don't see why anyone would even suspect this is the case.

A more important question might be, what if your personal beliefs determined what happens to you while you're still alive?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Originally posted by Infra_red
What if your personal beliefs determine what happens to you when you die?

I don't see why anyone would even suspect this is the case.

Well, I for one think along those lines. I mean, what if what I consider to be absolute heaven, the greatest thing around, isn't the pearly gates and eternal love? What if I think heaven is just hanging around at the local bar/pub, shooting pool and drinking beer with my friends for eternity? What is the benefit of me trying so hard to get up to see St. Peter when I really could care less about it? Someone else comes along, who wants the pearly gates, the clouds and cherubs, eternal love and light.

If we go about life in exactly the same manner, living perfectly by the book, we should both go to heaven, right? Why should I get "rewarded" by going somewhere I don't want to go?

The main reason I consider this to be the case is because of my interpretation of satanism when I was younger, and the overall concept kinda stuck with me. Think about it like this: lets say I worship Satan, you worship Jesus Christ/God. You say I'm going to Hell to live in damnation; I say that's exactly what I want, so it isn't such a bad deal on my part, is it? In my eyes, Hell would be Heaven, and vice versa. If I'm my understanding is correct, that's not exactly the satanist view point, but as I said that was when I was younger--hadn't quite gotten exposed to different ideas yet.

I know it may be kinda hard to grasp why someone wouldn't want your view of heaven--and I mean "your" in a general sense, not necessarily you directly spamandham. But different strokes for different folks is what makes the world go round. And I highly doubt that any two people, no matter how well-versed in religious text and how devout they are, have exactly the same interpretation of what defines Heaven.

To me, the explanation of "what Heaven is" has always been "The greatest place around, full of love and happiness." That's quite a broad generalization, that leaves much open to interpretation. What's the greatest place around for you? I'd bet a dime to a dollar it's not the same as mine or Infra_red's or anyone else. Even if you're in the same mindset I am--drinking beer with your friends and shooting pool--I highly doubt we'd have the same friends in the same bar with the same beer.

I hope that made sense...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Well, I for one think along those lines. I mean, what if what I consider to be absolute heaven, the greatest thing around, isn't the pearly gates and eternal love?

I guess I see no reason to even suspect that there is such a thing as afterlife.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
I guess I see no reason to even suspect that there is such a thing as afterlife.

And that's an equally valid viewpoint (in my mind at least) as well. Even if it doesn't make any sense though, I personally want to at least pretend there's something to look forward to at the end of all this, and I'd love for it to be an endless supply of Bud Light with no hangover in the morning and no worries about DUI on the way home

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When you die your brain releases '___' right? On the first like 50 days of a baby's life there is large '___' activity. When you dream it is caused by '___'. I think a conscious and subconscious may mash on death and your life flashes before your eyes to create the next life. So maybe if your a bad guy you see all the bad stuff you do and have a bad dream/transition?

Also I had weird thoughts about souls joining.
Like I die and my wife dies we become one maybe?

Or say if we are reincarnated until we can evolve or soul than remembers each lifetime which is kinda like waking up after sleeping since maybe each life is set to teach you a lesson? That would be kinda cool huh? Maybe a bit ackward lol.

If there is a line of infinite creation line than we may evolve to gods that create our own enviroment however you must forget your a god and also set laws or you won't have anything which has ups and downs.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Maybe the flying spaghetti monster touches everyone with his noodly apendage upon death so that all may dress in full pirate regalia.

top topics

join