It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I just saw a UFO, let's figure this out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, just about ten minutes I went outside to take the garbage. I walked down to the street and as I came up again I saw a bright light in the sky, just like if an airplnane was facing you with it's lights on.
I thought it was an ariplane but it wasn´t moving so I stayed looking at it for about 5minutes.
It was very visible in the night sky just above the city line.
It started to decrease intensity until it looked like a regular star. After about 30seconds it became brighter for a minute and it just started to fade away until it dissapeared completely.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
probably just overcast. This happens to me all the time, i will see a really bright light that looks like a plane, turns out to be a star that "twinkles" as overcast moves around.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It could be, but right now the sky is almost completely covered with clouds. RIght in the place it was the light. So I figured it was a plane closer than the horizon, not a star on the sky.
I got to question somo neighbours and they said there is no artificial light in there. SO a building or tower is out of question.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You did see a UFO. Once you find out what it really is then it wont be a UFO.

But noslenwerd is probably right. Especially through the city's pollution.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sure, it is a UFO, i did not associate it with a star or a plane.
The thing is, if it was a star then it should appear on the sky now, but it doesn´t.
To tell you the truth I almost can't see a star now, the lights from the city are so bright that they are not visible. And this light was just above the city line just over the city lights.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

LMAO! Too true...

It was probably just a plane popping in and out of the clouds, or, as above, a twinkle little star.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus

Originally posted by Umbrax

LMAO! Too true...

It was probably just a plane popping in and out of the clouds, or, as above, a twinkle little star.

Then why didn't it move from the place it was? I just said the sky is covered with clouds, besides, it's raining now. Than it wasn't, but now is.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Is there an Airport in that direction?

Landing lights can look strange and appear to be stationary and also dim out in the way you described. I would check out that possibility first.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No, the light was to the left side of the city(from where I am) and the airport is about 2miles to the right. It isn't visible from here.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I saw something last night also.....I thought it was a plane and was just sitten there looking at it like i usually do (it was coming from a direction that i see a lot of planes come from) and then all the sudden it kinda jumped up from my point of view, infact i lost it for a few seconds because as i was watching it from my window so my vision of it was blocked when it jumped, at first i was like omg whered it go, then i bent down and i had to get on my knees to see it again. It was pretty wierd.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yup UFO, alien, probably not....

Aircraft are likely source - plane in landing pattern (they are square in most areas except for places like LAX where it's straight in approach for most flights) or a police chopper with search light on. If it's coming at you you would get the effect you described. It's fun watching the incoming planes at LAX - a whole row of UFO's coming in until you can see the plane and distinguish the multiple landing lights. Rocket launches can do that as well if you are in a rocket launching area.

For stars and planets - use a web tool - you gave no info on location or compass direction.... You mentioned a city, so with a real, unexplainable UFO, you would expect hundreds of similar sightings....

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is in Lisbon, my position was 48º43'47.61"N 9º07'58.52"W at 283ft.
The light was on the SouthWest and the airport is on the North.

The light was completely motionless. It was not a plane as you can figure. It disapeared completely. If it was an airplane coming on my direction then it would turn to the airport but it didn't it was motionless.
If it was going to the West then I wouldn't be able to see that kind of light.

new topics

top topics

join