It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP photo of Million M a n March

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well yeah I guess I should have been 5 or 6 at the time (seems to me I was 7). I said I was young, but I still recall doing it, because it sucked that bad (hence my negative posts about it). Someone I was with at that time (a crippled German friend of the family with a heart problem) got to ride the elevator, but not me. I guess kids were less whimp-afied in them there old days…

There were no speed passes back then, so unless your butt was nailed to a wheel chair or crutches, you walked it.

[edit on 10/17/2005 by defcon5]

I notice that your post of the date of the stair closing went bye-bye, why is that?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nyuk nyuk. Thats so wrong!

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Doesn't the antenna on Parliament House line up so precise

Not for nothing, but any two points on a map will line up precisely.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
agreed but this is a whole heaps of points... red hill, war memorial, lake, avenue, old parliament house, new parliament house.. they all line up right to the centre of each one including the windows and the centre of the mountain.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Well yeah I guess I should have been 5 or 6 at the time (seems to me I was 7). I said I was young, but I still recall doing it, because it sucked that bad (hence my negative posts about it). Someone I was with at that time (a crippled German friend of the family with a heart problem) got to ride the elevator, but not me. I guess kids were less whimp-afied in them there old days…
There were no speed passes back then, so unless your butt was nailed to a wheel chair or crutches, you walked it.

I notice that your post of the date of the stair closing went bye-bye, why is that?

Looking for a better source is why, cause I don't remember them open even when I was living in Virginia in the 70's. Now I have found out and no, I'm not buying your whopper of a story. I see the you couldn't have walked up all those stairs at less than 4 months old.
egads

defcon5 birthday: September 20, 1970

In 1971, the steps were closed to up traffic and in 1976 to all traffic.
www.elevator-world.com...

Now back to the rest of the story....

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Another program requirement was to improve the visitor experience for the public. Specifically, approximately 190 commemorative stones can be viewed at various levels. During the construction, stones had been solicited from states, territories, friendly nations and various associations. These were available for viewing by the people walking the 897 steps to the top. In 1971, the steps were closed to up traffic and in 1976 to all traffic.

Well apparently I made that crappy cut prior to it being closed to all traffic. My old man was such a history buff that I am sure that if there was a cannon ball, rock, stone, plaque, or somewhere some famous person ever cut gas, I was going to walk to it, forge a stream to it, or have to climb it. I still hear those stories, and have vague memories about having to drive through god’s green acre to see a pile of cannon balls and a plaque in a field in some god forsaken piece of land somewhere. That is not to mention the hours of waiting in line with no protection from the sun to even climb up that pile of stone to begin with.

Maybe some of the elevators were out that day, maybe, my old man wanted to see the stones from the 50 states, either way why accuse me of not doing something I specifically recall doing, and not only me, but my aunt, uncle and cousins as well. Whatever the situation was I remember it being miserable enough to still recall it almost 20 years later on, and avoid that monument every other time I have been to Washington DC… Either way it has nothing to do with the thread at hand.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
lol lol ..some of you guys are a work of art...Really!!!

The Washington Monument is a "obelisk" Meaning ..O Baal's Lisk...
The male shaft of the Occult God Baal. Obelisk. This has nothing to do with Christianity but paganism. Pagan Fertility
The occult pagan tradition is often one of concealing thier traditions by architecture. The monument is part of a tracing board. This one would work by casting a shadow across the city telling/tracing a story/doctrine/dogma in ancient form to those initiated in the secrets.
In other versions like stonehenge it casts light at a certain time of year to focus only on one point at a time of sacrafice etc etc etc.. Karnak temple is the same way ..the pillars are aligned to allow light only at one time of the year to shine down on the point intended.
THis is the reason for the peculear construction and arrangements of the roads and buildings.
I suspect the same about the other buildings and places in pictures on this post.
I suspect the same about Paris, France. These cities are designed to be seen by the Gods from the air....obviously. Many capital cities have this type of arrangements to thier gods.
One more thing....seperation of church and state..???? Some of you need to rethink your logic processes. You need to figure out what type of religion our leaders are practicing while they use or misue the power of government to limit yours. Think it through ..carefully.!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
the Klu Klux Klan..has its origins in occult paganism also..it just has its peculear version or slant. It is a Masonic lodge..with origins in several lodges of times of olde. Knights of the Golden Circle, Knights of the White Rose, Knights of the White Camelia. Intrestingly enough all Knighthoods or feudal titles. Knighthoods and feudal titles is not a American Tradition but a olde world one.
I was taught that the word Golden Circle means Klu Klux in Greek..someone versed in Greek and reading this post may be able to confirm this for me..

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Orangetom if the obelisk represents some old religion or whatever.. dual pillars outside houses with dual pillars represents male dual erection or something, or maybe it did from the very beginning like 1000s of years ago, are you sure it represents anything more significant than architecture today ?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wow!!! Not far off the mark..Silver Surfer. Not bad olde man...not bad!!

In occult traditions when one reads certain literatures concerning these patterns ...the traditons and knowlege of these occult traditions is to hide the knowlege in a language called by us...architecture. Architecture is a language to those trained in its usage. It tells of the passage and knowlege of others before them versed in this language. Most peoples are not initiated into its secrets. People not initiated or trained into this knowlege are often refered to as "profane" or outsiders..profane is the word usually used. It is insiders and outsiders.
When you read books on occult religions they will tell you themselves that many people carry on them or surround themselves with symbols the meanings of which they havent a clue. They just repeat these patterns without knowing what they are to the initiated. I can assure you that the inititaed know how to ferrit out the adepts from the profane very quickly.

Correct on the columns..you see this in the US Congress behind the speakers Chair...four of them not two. Two colums is also a ancient tradition.
The Fleur de Lis symbol..like on the hoods of GM products is another with ancient meanings...I think the boy scouts use this symbol too dont they??
On the older 20 dollar bills you saw this on the green side...in the open position. On other bills like the olde 10 dollar bills it is in the closed positon.
I am told that in the closed position on the 10 dollar bills of olde ..it is Egyptian ..in nature ..and on the 20 dollar bills of olde in the open position is is Greek.
People tend to think the symbols/architecture are on the one dollar bills ..it was on all of them.
The circular wreath has ancient meanings too..you see this on many peoples houses too. In many ancient religions the circle is the completion to god hood...the symbol for thier gods.
In some Jewish cemetarys..you will see a circle over the top of the gates in wrought iron. It is actually a circle with a dot in the middle..this is the symbol for thier god....the completion of the circle with a obelisk..represented by the dot in the middle. You do not find this in the Torah or the first five books of the bible...it comes from ancient occult traditions. Dont worry...many christians have followed this very tradition themselves often without knowing it. They have never thought it through and just respond to a stimulus.

Great post silver surfer..
Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join