It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe Mascara Competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I cannot fathom why so many females and males (hollywood...) alter the color of their eyelashes. Who are they trying to look like, specifically and generally? As a light eyelashed male, the only marriage I see for myself is with an Afterlife Angel Female. May God and His Holy Word Bless us all.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well Mascara is a very old invention going back to the ancient Egyptians kohl, history’s first mascara. Worn by both men and women. As for the reason practically speaking, darkly painted circles around the eyes absorb sunlight and minimize reflections. Pretty much the same reason football and baseball players put those black strips under their eyes.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i think he was more on about mascara rather than eye liner. mascara is for the eye lashes, just to make them darker, fuller etc. it makes the eyes more noticable too. maybe woman do their eyes so nicely so perhaps men won't just be staring at their breasts all the time. so they make their eyes real pretty.

i noticed you mentioned you had fair eye lashes. i'm thinking you're jealous somewhat. if you say you're not, you're probably lying.

jealously = envy = deadly sin...

and you want to go to heaven?...better get it sorted mate, they're only eye lashes for god's sake.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
i noticed you mentioned you had fair eye lashes. i'm thinking you're jealous somewhat. if you say you're not, you're probably lying.

jealously = envy = deadly sin...

and you want to go to heaven?...better get it sorted mate, they're only eye lashes for god's sake.

--------------------------------------

On a serious note, the eye makeup (and makeup in general) is used because without it, light reflects back towards the camera, and thus it looks bad on TV etc.

In a social setting, it is purely for fashion.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
jealousy is not a factor. Only Reality Is. God is Completely Light According to my Wisdom, Grace, and Reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure what this concept has to do with eyelashes. Look at Tammy Fay Baker.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ouch Nikelbee... do I really have to.... you know I get nightmares from those bad mental images

Tammy should be in Madame Troussards...as the first living breathing wax doll...

I don't wear mascara..I use kohl to line my eyes but my eyelashes don't need to be stuck together like glue and they look fine how they are...besides I cry at sad news broadcasts and soppy movies .... so it always smudges or runs

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Mayet - you are my kind of person.
I hate getting all soppy but sometimes I do at the silliest times - like really cheesy manipulative adverts - you know when the mom is having an in depth talk about the importance of staying 'fresh' to her daughter. Or those evil, evil Kodak ones where the girl gets married and daddy is all sad because his little darling has all grown up.

nikelbee

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy... the only marriage I see for myself is with an Afterlife Angel Female.

Somehow, I think you're entirely correct.

top topics

join