It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagery Hypothysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I read about this in a book

"ufos, a report on australian encounters" by Keith Basterfeild

it deals with the abduction phenonemn.

The general idea behind it is that when in a half-awake, dreamy state, we may see and hear things that arnt really there.

These episodes can acount for a large number of reported encounters at night, where the person falls asleep easily straight after it, instead of being awake and scared.

He thought of this i think, not sure, after looking into a case where a woman that said she had been abducted a couple of times, and was underobservation by ufologists. they said she drifted off at one point, then when came too she claimed that she had just been abducted

There were a couple more examples in the book, all pretty much the same thing.

Has any one else heard of this or know any thing?

sorry for no links, it was a book

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
here is stuff on keith, it doesnt do much for what i wrote though

stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"The general idea behind it is that when in a half-awake, dreamy state, we may see and hear things that arnt really there. " == tiddly54

That gave me a chuckle. I have heard of folks who do this while awake, drunk or smoking rope.
Some folks are actually trying to study the OBE and abduction stuff from a medical perspective.
Initial indications are that the cause of the phenomenon just may be bodily malfunctions.

Here:

www.manchester.ac.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If we're to believe that the majority of UFO abduction reports stem from this sort of half-dreaming state that some go into, then how can we account for the large number of consistencies between stories? Whether its descriptions of similar "Grey" aliens, anal probing, etc. It seems to me that there are too many similarities in people's abduction stories for it to be all in their heads. Either they were really abducted or they are just making up the story for attention, money or another alteriar motive.

I will say that this could possibly explain a small amount of abduction accounts, but I find it hard to believe that this represents any significant amount of them. If that were the case then we would have been hearing stories of these types of abductions for centuries- probably as long as we've had written history in fact. If this state of sleep exists then it must have existed almost as long as we have. Why don't we read of any of these crazy stories about abductions and probing from centuries ago? Just my two cents...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
yeah, its just an idea for some accounts not every thing

for example: a woman and a man are driving in a truck, and the woman looks out the window and sees a egg shaped object and two people near it, very bright.

she tells the guy next to her, who says there is nothing there, and shes been dozing,

its stuff like that, although when it happens to some one buy them selves they would be adement they seen a ufo or somehitng

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well, if abduction does really occur the way some people claim it does, wouldn't putting the victim into such a half-dream state be ideal because it destroys the raw logic behind the human mind while in that conciseness be the ideal way to insure a smooth capture?

+Drake+

top topics

join