It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weekly church-related crime update

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Bobo's World Blog provides a crime gazette of church related criminal activity. I would not have placed it this forum excepting for the fact that it documents child molestation which has and is being covered up in a conspiratorial manner by the catholic, though the blog is in no way limited to this subject. And I am certain that some other potential acts of conspiracy can be identified by the discerning eye.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
When are we going to see a blog attacking health workers, lawyers, psychologists and psychiatrists, or - even dentists, for that mattter - who engage in sexual abuse?

When you look at the numbers, the incidence of sexual abuse in those professions are much, much higher. Most of those are also swept under the rug by the various organizations representing these professions.

Is there sexual abuse in the church? Of course there is. As far as the Roman Catholic church is concerned, tremendous efforts are being implemented to purge the church of the wrongdoers and to fix the system. That's more than can be said for many other denominations or professions.

df1

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman
When are we going to see a blog attacking health workers, lawyers, psychologists and psychiatrists, or - even dentists, for that mattter - who engage in sexual abuse?

I suppose that will occur when the one of the organizations that represents the professions you mentioned chooses to aide and abet their members in avoiding prosecution for sexual abuse crimes. If you have any information showing sex crimes and/or their cover-up outside the churches I'd love to see you start a blog covering these other folks. Of course it still would not be as interesting because members of the clergy hold themselves up as pillars of moral virtue whereas the groups that you mention do not.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
when a physician commits a sexual crime,they are usually prosecuted,jailed,sued,and stripped of their license. unlike the clergy who get moved around and given sanctuary,usually avoiding the punishment that the rest of us "regular" folk would definitely receive.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman

When you look at the numbers, the incidence of sexual abuse in those professions are much, much higher. Most of those are also swept under the rug by the various organizations representing these professions.

Is there sexual abuse in the church? Of course there is. As far as the Roman Catholic church is concerned, tremendous efforts are being implemented to purge the church of the wrongdoers and to fix the system. That's more than can be said for many other denominations or professions.

Hey Guess what ? In case YOu haven't noticed, the lawyers doctors and candle stick makers aren't running around Claiming to speak for Jesus!!!!

Its about time that the "church" gets punihed for its sick crimes all hidden under the name of Jesus.

What's even more repulsive is that you aren't more outraged at the cover up!

But why should you it doesn't affect you, now does it?! Who cares that some child's life ended up bass ackwards for 25 years or so - not your problem right?

oh well, right?!

As for your "tremendous efforts" comment --BS, and you know it! The only reason anyone is doing anything is because they were caught. If not we would have another twenty years of musical priest.

Here is what Jesus had to say about such evil people. Read it and digest it I know that he is angry too. And the fate of these monsters is prepared:

Matthew 18:6
But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Mark 9:42
"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.

Luke 17:2
It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

Philippians 3:19
Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

2 Peter 2:3
In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
is the tremendous effort you are speaking of the new "witch-hunt?" throwing every homosexual they can find out of the church,church supported and church owned businesses and organizations? guess that takes the attention of the pedophiles,though.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey GUESS WHAT!

I was foolishly thinking that there is a measure of civility; obviously, I mistook this for villification....

I have reservations about the church's soon to be implemented policy towards homosexual priests and seminarians. I have a number of homosexual friends (It feels SOOO weird to have to qualify that), and I love them dearly. Some of them are Catholic and active members in their parishes. It is also a point of doctrine that the Church believes that homosexuality is an 'unnatural state'. Thoses who seek the priesthood and don't live according to doctrine is a gordian knot the the church - unfortunately - is seeking to avoid confronting.

Most of the priests I have known have been pious, humble men of faith who serve their office with dignity, compassion, and holiness. I also question how often the accusers of a number of priests wait until the priest is dead or so old that they may have reduced faculties. Interesting, eh? Just as priests are supposed to be 'above sin', they also make the easiest targets. I agree that a number of priests have abused their office and damaged people's lives. I deplore the instances when priests have been shuffled off to other dioceses. I also stand by my assertion that the church is actively pursuing reform.

www.csmonitor.com...

is a link that discusses some of these reforms.

Lets be civil, folks. This is supposed to be a source for exchange of ideas and debate....

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malloryknox187
is the tremendous effort you are speaking of the new "witch-hunt?" throwing every homosexual they can find out of the church,church supported and church owned businesses and organizations? guess that takes the attention of the pedophiles,though.

Their is a diffrence between being a homosexual and a child molestor. They should let preist have sexual relations. I would rather them have a realtionship with a nun than to rape little boys

new topics

top topics

join