It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Commission of Inquiry on Crimes Against Humanity Committed by the Bush Administration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When the possibility of far-reaching war crimes and crimes against humanity exists, people of conscience have a solemn responsibility to inquire into the nature and scope of these acts and to determine if they do in fact rise to the level of war crimes and crimes against humanity. That is the mission of the International Commission of Inquiry on Crimes Against Humanity.

The first session will be held October 21-22 in New York City. This tribunal will, with care and rigor, present evidence and assess whether George W. Bush and his administration have committed crimes against humanity. Well-established international law will be referenced where applicable, but the tribunal will not be limited by the scope of existing international law.

The tribunal will deliberate on four categories of indictable crimes:

1) Wars of Aggression, with particular reference to the invasions and occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

2) Torture and Indefinite Detention, with particular reference to the abandonment of international standards concerning the treatment of prisoners of war and the use of torture.

3) Destruction of the Global Environment, with particular reference to systematic policies contributing to the catastrophic effects of global warming.

4) Attacks on Global Public Health and Reproductive Rights, with particular reference to the genocidal effects of forcing international agencies to promote "abstinence only" in the midst of a global AIDS epidemic.

The Commission's jury of conscience will be composed of internationally respected jurists and legal scholars, prominent voices of conscience, and experts and monitors in relevant fields. The tribunal's legitimacy is derived from its integrity, its rigor in the presentation of evidence, and the stature of its participants. Representatives of the Bush administration will be invited to present a defense.

The holding of this tribunal will frame and fuel a discussion that is urgently needed in the United States: Is the administration of George W. Bush guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity? The Commission will conduct its work with a deep sense of responsibility to the people of the world.

Source:
Bush Administration Crimes Comission

Finally!

The time has Come.

I can't wait to read their Report and their Judgement on the Crimes against Humanity Commited by the Bush Administration - because there sure are alot of those!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I like the list of folks on the council.

I'm curious as to how Jeremy Pikser, an apparently out of work screenwriter (last credit - Bulworth 1998) got in there. I understand Ed Asner's place on the council. He was Lou Grant for a while so he has some connection to the news.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm not to taken back by the list of names, nor am I the far reaching ramnifications of this forum, and in fact, from the list, it seems as if guilt has already been proclaimed but still to be reinforced by these speakers.

It seems more or less a futile effort which will not be broadcasted save a few tid-bits in reuters.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This Kangaroo Court is sanctioned by who?

I like the fact that Gore Vidal is on the list along with Ed Asner

Finally!

The time has Come.

I can't wait to read their Report and their Judgement on the Crimes against Humanity Commited by the Bush Administration - because there sure are alot of those!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was just about to state that this 'court' has no authority bar the fact that members are of legal providence. It seems shamefully true that if found guilty, those who have laid charges upon this adminitration will have no authority to make the legitimate arrest.

Might I also add that it is also devalued in it's exclusion of former intelligence officers and military personal, along with politicans. These could have provided firmer testimony, but alas, it seems more or less a futile effort with a predispositioned result.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
well, Gore Vidal did have a hand in Caligula and he has written some non-fiction.

Pikser, on the otherhand, wrote a screenplay about a rapping senator.

Wait, he's on the council because he was nominated for a golden globe. We all know the importance of the golden globes.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
I was just about to state that this 'court' has no authority bar the fact that members are of legal providence. It seems shamefully true that if found guilty, those who have laid charges

Lets see Moveon.org wannabe forms a "tribunal" to try someone for crimes against humanity :shk:

Its a politcal statement with little or no intention to actually look into things with any sort of objectivity

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Its a politcal statement with little or no intention to actually look into things with any sort of objectivity

I agree. Defendents of the Bush Administration were invited but not included, this is a blatant problem which needs to be corrected by a nuetrality in the information by members being processed.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I see Nobody ELSE doing anything Similar...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

one sided biased witch hunt?

see them all the time, in various forms.

Saddam is going to get a fairer trial than the one they will hold

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

We had a name for this type of politicaly motivated witch hunt.... What was it called now??????

Ah yes, Macarthyism

Why would ANYBODY do anything similar? If they feel so strongly about the merits of thier Kangaroo Court then why don't they file a motion at the Hague?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
well, it looks to me like they have at least four juries worth of people there.
remember, in america, everyone is a sovereign. it is a god-given right, remember?

so, it doesn't matter what these people do for a living. the only important thing is the information, and the validity of the claims.

these people are REAL heroes, in my eyes.

and i hated lou grant.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Perhaps that's because the pretense of this "commission" is unfounded, and lacks merit?

Occam's Razor prevails once again.

Obvious Monkeys, not just for overstating anymore...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Perhaps that's because the pretense of this "commission" is unfounded, and lacks merit?

Occam's Razor prevails once again.

Obvious Monkeys, not just for overstating anymore...

but, the commision is not unfounded, nor does it lack merit. perhaps there is no such similiar organisation because of the atmosfearic condittions. perhaps, it is well known that the legal system has been 'loaded'.

go occam, go.

spin monkeys. not just for denying justice anymore....

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just formed a new international council to discuss the terrorist charges against Al Qaeda and Hamas. We will convene shortly to discuss the repercussions of these groups’ actions and the possible charges we will impose upon them.

The members of my council:

- Elmo
- Ron Jeremy
- Shrek
- Bob Dole
- Demi Moore
- Emeril Lagasse
- Michael J Fox (wouldn’t be an “international” council if it only had Americans now would it?)
- Oprah
- Jerry Springer
- The Olsen twins

As you can clearly see, my committee is made up of nothing but the most influential and intellectual minds of our times. I am certain the world will take our findings with great urgency and seriousness and act against these terrorist organizations as a result. I mean after all, just look at these names, their findings must be tangible!

[edit on 17-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Skippy, you forgot Mickey Mouse, Superman, and The guy who played Gandhi.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

now you're just making fun of the "court." everyone knows the guy who played gandhi is a liberal.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A court that cannot enforce its own rulings is not a court at all its just a bunch of old men talking.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

Yeah!

GANDHI II

Announcer: Next week on U62...
Announcer: He's back
Announcer: And this time
Announcer: He's mad

Announcer: Gandhi II

Announcer: No more mister passive resistance
Announcer: He's out to kick some butt
Announcer: This is one bad mother you don't wanna mess with

Gandhi : Don't move, slimeball

Announcer: He's a one man recking crew
Announcer: But he also knows how to party

Gandhi : Gimme a steak, medium rare

Gangster : Hey, Baldy!

Announcer: There is only one law
Announcer: His law

Announcer: Gandhi II

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And when this joke of a 'court' concludes that Bush in NOT guilty...they will be dismiised be people like Souljah as a Zoinist conspiracy!

new topics

<<   2 >>

join