It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Store = Big Black Nothing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
when I say newly loaded Ive just formated the drive loaded win 2K on it did all the updates wich took forever. I have this machine behind my smoothwall router. I baleave the smoothwall router is possibly the one blocking it.

Ive done what you ask and it doesnt say anything. it gives no indacation anthing at all is there. in IE its a light gray field in FF its the big black nothing.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by aristoi]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's a mystery, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's wierd. The upload bit works completely fine. Totally fine. The store bit always gives me the BGN (IE) or BBN (FF.)

I did try to, essentially, disable all security in MSIE and disable my firewall. Still was a no-go! I'll see what I can do on another computer terminal. I've tried this on several seperate computers so far. It's quite peculiar.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm using FF 1.0.7 and ZoneAlarm. Works just fine for me...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
LMFAO WCIP!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
That's just WRONG. *lmfao*

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ime going to try and turn off my smoothwall today and hook directly to the net naked and see if that doesnt help. When I say naked I mean no firewall no virus protection no router just my PC hooked to my dsl modem and see if that doesnt work. I'll let ya all know.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well ime fully unprotected now. no router no antivirus no pop up blokers no firewall. ime connected via network card directly to a dsl modem, On a fresh win 98se machine and still no go. That tells me it is account related inless ive missed something here. ime going to try a win 2K machine latter today and see ig that doesnt make a difference.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok now ime on my linux redhat machine again with no protection and no go. ive got one more thing to try as I stated earlier with the win2K machine if that doesnt work then its got to be on ATS side of things.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok, I've tried... I think that this is system number four or five. I've tried this one, and it still doesn't quite work, BUT I DO GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO COME UP!

This is what I get when accessing it from a different computer.

Needless to say, that is quite a bit different then the standard BBN/BLGN.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
before I bow out of this thread. The ATS points store is working fine for me. I use Firefox & Opera. NEVER IE. But that's my own preference.

Someone was kind enough to provide a link to the store with the actual "stuff". I still don't find a link [button or whatever] to that anywhere on the site. If it's there, it's not obvious and not intuitive about how to get there.

Just a suggestion...if you want to sell some actual stuff, I'd make the entry to that area a little more obvious.

Got some big yuks out of the artwork
. Some very talented people here.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok, heres some actual experimentation

I do not get the blackness, I only get the gray. So I asked zaphod to log in as me, and he did, and can vouch for what I say of course, that he sees blackness when he can normally see his store page.

So needless to say, its not us, its either the account settings, or the site. Have fun

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
HEY! IT IS BACK TO NORMAL FOR MY ACCOUNT! Well, this was pleasantly unexpected!

Oh well, looks like this might be the end of the "Big Black Nothing" meme.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
good for me to now. Do we really have to stop joking about it?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, some of these things were kinda' funny. Maybe it will stay here, or maybe it will be moved into the general chat area in BTS.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Toxic Fox]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's BEEN FIXED!!! THANK YOU WHOEVER FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG!

Thanks, I can see the store now, finally, yay... time to get some more U2U space... mwahaha.....

Course I bought something out of combined points, and it took it out of BTS...weird?

[edit on 10/16/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
To whoever fixed it,
thanks
, just sent a u2u today and I didn't even have to click on store, it was just there!!!!

Gotta admit though, I'm gonna miss the laughs Toxic gave us in here.

[edit on 10/17/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Just when they thought it was fixed...

[edit on 2005-10-17 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
*LMFAO* I was going to reply to this a few minutes ago, but I just got myself back under control. Oh god my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
As this seems to have come to a happy conclusion, I will close this thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join