It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Should America Attack Next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
American’s are an easy target for ridicule. Electing the local village idiot twice to the lands highest office doesn’t exactly instill one with confidence in the average U.S. voter’s ability to make an intelligent informed decision. But if they feel secure in the knowledge that a corporate whore representing a plutocracy masquerading as a democracy is representing the interests of everyday Americans, so be it. Then there’s the ‘World Series’ in which only one nation plays, I could go on but I’m sure you get my point. In short and to make a gross generalization which I’m happy to run with, they’re an insular bunch. Of course there are exceptions to the rule some of whom visit the ATS forums.

Anyway...the following clip is an excerpt from CNNN, an Australian comedy show. For the uninitiated the show is political satire in all its glory. This piece of footage is a Q&A session with U.S. citizens, the issue being where America should attack next.

Once viewing the footage some of you may argue America is not the only country cornering the market in blatant stupidity or perhaps those interviewed are purely victims of a poor education system. Both are equally true and I wouldn’t dare disagree. The problem is a llama herder roaming the foothills of Bolivia to the nearest ballot box to cast his electoral vote in turn doesn’t affect Earth’s inhabitants the same way a geographically dyslectic ‘patriot’ does from Little Hope, Arkansas. There in lies the problem. Stupid people are electing stupid people to represent them with grave consequences for the rest of us who inhabit land on the periphery of where the 'World Series' is played.

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The QuickDump server appears to be rather crap so I've added another link somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
next target? Indonesia.

edit: no questions? a shame, i thought people were a curious lot?! let me drop a hint

proximity-to-China

k?

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Long Lance]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You want my thoughts? Here's my thoughts on it.

You are in the same catagory you are claiming I am in. Want to know why? Good, I'll tell you; because it really doesn't matter who we elect, "they" will be in control. You are making the very erroneous assumption that it really matters who is sitting in the Oval Office. Me? I'm not in your catagory as I know this. You'll just have to enjoy the company of 99% of my countrymen without mine.

Where should we attack? We should attack the enemy. That won't happen, though, since the enemy is in control of the media, the education system, the unions, the governments, and run or own the major corporations and the banking system, what makes you think enough people will ever know the truth so that they can do what is necessary? By the way, the problem is not just within the jurisdiction of my government, so don't get too pompous.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
One could post the poll, where half of germans under 24 dont know about the holocaust, Or maybe, the one where half the british dont know what/where auschwitz is, ect ect ect. but i wont, Its pointless and petty, and overall not cool to insult people because of there intelligence or lack theroff regardles of rather they diserve it or not, The guy who did that interview was an ass its not the first time ive seen a europian do something like this and sadly it probably wont be the last, This is the type of thing that divides us.

Grow up..

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There are some really stupid people. This same type of interviewing the people on the street has been done many times by Jay Leno on the Tonight Show.

What they don't show are the people recognizing the mislabeled map and making intelligent replies. Those get edited out. You could do the same thing in any country. Interview people on the street, edit out intelligent replies, and show just the stupid people creating an appearance that the people from that area are all stupid.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sure, you could poll every other country and realize the inherent level of stupidity is universal, however, it does not disuade certain praticularties in society which believe of all countries said, the United States should not have such a minial level of intelligence.

One could post the poll, where half of germans under 24 dont know about the holocaust,

You'd have to support this claim as i'm finding it very dubious and stated out of self-dignity.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zugzwang
Your thoughts?

If I expressed my true thoughts, many of the people on the board wouldn't be able to see them.

That is incredible! Absolutely unbelievable! I can't say I'm embarrassed or ashamed, really, because these people's education does not reflect on me. But I am astounded nonetheless.

True, they're not showing the people who see the problem with the map, but the fact that seemingly reasonably educated adults, who even attempt to speak on world matters and VOTE!!!, are readily naming the next country to attack (as if it's a given that we should attack someone... anyone) and have no clue where it is, is really a pretty scary thought to me. Sri Lanka? Canada? Jesus! It's just so sad and almost laughable!

Why people don't educate themselves on world matters, especially if they're going to speak on them and VOTE, is a total mystery to me.

I would like to hear just where they think Australia is!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"I didn't realize that north korea was so much larger than south korea like that'

" We should invade france, because there seems to be some friction"

Frilling idiots. That 'trick' with having australia labeled iran and the like was great.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My vote would be Austrailia. Friendly people no shooting. Take over Perth for a couple of days, declare peace and leave..................happy! Wait we did that for 10 days in 1985, great war......what I can remember of it kind of had a sneak attack from someone named Fosters.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My thoughts? We Americans should attack the body politic especially the White House and surrounding areas of govt. entities that make the BIG decisions. We have been led astray by the very ones we elected and put into office to look out for OUR well-being...and what have we got for all of our generosity? a large bag of crap that they,(the politicians), force feed us on a daily basis.
But why should I complain? I'm just a single taxpayer and by myself, I could not affect much change in the status-qoe. It would take millions of us banded together and just stop paying our taxes for 1 month and then see how the govt's elite will react. I hate to say it but the way to get what we want as taxpayers is to show the Fed. govt. where the real power lies. Not in one; but in the mass's. When our elected ones wallets beging to shrivel up and start running on empty, they will only then begin to feel just a sembelance of what we have been having to go through all of our lives. Attacking by withholding our taxes may work but it is just one thought of many.
Another thought is why in the heck do we have to be the one big protector of the world? Is it because we embrace the ideals of democracy and freedom? People should really take a real good look at our system and see it as it really is. It has some serious flaws. Perhaps it is because we feel that any other country that is not up to our standards is worthy of change. Who knows for sure. In closing, I would suggest that before our country goes off and decides to invade another, we should at the VERY LEAST take care of our own.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Not only the U.S. should start attacking. The whole world, should start attacking, starting with the bigtime bankers, those who control almost everything in our lives for their own profit; them that you don't see. I agree fully with TC's post up above.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
One could post the poll, where half of germans under 24 dont know about the holocaust, Or maybe, the one where half the british dont know what/where auschwitz is, ect ect ect. but i wont, Its pointless and petty, and overall not cool to insult people because of there intelligence or lack theroff regardles of rather they diserve it or not, The guy who did that interview was an ass its not the first time ive seen a europian do something like this and sadly it probably wont be the last, This is the type of thing that divides us.

Grow up..

Wait a minute, when did you grow up? Whatever happened to "Drop the friggin bombs already!!"? Seems you saw the light and decided you value ATS afterall?

By the way, I loved how they printed "North Korea", "Iran" and "France" on Australia.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by cargo]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Now, as others have stated above, you can find people to tell you want you want to hear so that it fits your agenda. BTW, if this thrills some people, or reaffirms their views about something, I pity them.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Zugzwang are you a chessplayer!?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You know, it may be a just a joke but they are doing the same exact thing people always complain about. Hiding the truth. They don't show you the hundreds of replys that weren't stupid. They show whatever they want to make you believe whatever they want. No matter where you live that's the reality we live in.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
America shouldn't attack anyone.

And no one should attack America.

In fact, no one should attack anyone.

I move for a vote on truce.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by quango]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The guy who did that interview was an ass its not the first time ive seen a europian do something like this and sadly it probably wont be the last, This is the type of thing that divides us.

Grow up..

I thought it would be a long time before I saw something funnier than that video, but here it is right in the same thread! :lo:

So, you think we should invade the Europians from the north or get 'em from South Korea?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
America shouldn't attack anyone.

And no one should attack America.

In fact, no one should attack anyone.

You're spot on there guango, but unfortunately bush can't keep it in his pants.

I think G.W.B. is using a *very suffisticated* method of choosing his next play-mate country. That being, a dice.

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Manincloak]

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Manincloak]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

One could post the poll, where half of germans under 24 dont know about the holocaust, Or maybe, the one where half the british dont know what/where auschwitz is, ect ect ect...

Come one give us the links.

... The guy who did that interview was an ass its not the first time ive seen a europian do something like this and sadly it probably wont be the last, This is the type of thing that divides us.

Grow up..

As stated by the thread maker, the video comes from an Australian comedy show: Australia is NOT in Europe !!!
It seems the video is showing some truth of American knowledge of geography

[edit on 16-10-2005 by Blobber]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join