It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many Pollution Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There tons of polution problems. Like smog from our cars and a bunch of other problem(im tired right now i don't realy want to think of all them maybe ill put it in later). I think that we all should get Hybrid cars to save gas and our environment. Talk about this Poeple. I dont think the should be making us pay all this money, they should lower the prices a lot but not too much so they dont make money. I think we all should all just suck it up and go with the good stuff. Think of something to ride to work other than your bike. I'm asking all of you to just try and subbmit your idea for something. Think is that so much to ask for?!

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are a lot of pollutions issues. Many are blown out of all proportion, most are more of a NIMBY issue rather than a concern for the environment. Many issues are infact promoted by companies that can benefit financially from the global warming and/or other issues. Majic has a great podcast on this subject.

One thing that does annoy me though is transport policy. There are great drives, no pun intented, to get motorists out of their cars and onto buses, trains and of course, bicycles.

I live in a small town in Warwickshire, England. I work in another small town on Warwickshire, 14 miles away. There are no trains linking the two, the bus journey takes over 1 hour. If a drive, i get there in 20-30 mins door to door. buses and trains don't do that.

I could ride my bike. I regularly go cycling, covering distances up to 40 miles, I'm not lazy. I just don't want to be mown down on the journey to work. I don't want to have to work a 9 and 1/2 hour working day and face the prospect of another 1hour + cycle ride home. I probably wouldn't last the week.

I even tried car sharing, and hated the people I travelled with.

It's not too unreasonable to ask to be able to get to work and back in comfort and safety.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haloseeker
There tons of polution problems. Like smog from our cars and a bunch of other problem(im tired right now i don't realy want to think of all them maybe ill put it in later). I think that we all should get Hybrid cars to save gas and our environment. Talk about this Poeple. I dont think the should be making us pay all this money, they should lower the prices a lot but not too much so they dont make money. I think we all should all just suck it up and go with the good stuff. Think of something to ride to work other than your bike. I'm asking all of you to just try and subbmit your idea for something. Think is that so much to ask for?!

A lot of this stuff works in theory.We are a go go society so u take the car in stead of the train becuase in most instances u get there faster. A lot of people would no doubt like hybrid cars but it comes down to cost.Sure its cheaper in the long run but people nowdays can only bye within there means.well thats my 2cents on this issue

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarzan
A lot of this stuff works in theory.

Works on what in theory? "Saving" the environment?

You must be refering to the electrical energy that powers part of those hybrids, the electricity that comes from coal/oil/gas burning power plants, fish killing hydro-electric plants, neuclear waste-producing power plants.

These hybrid cars are nothing but a feel-good knee jerk reaction to a non-problem.

You know what I want to see someone driving? A hybrid with a big, ugly windmill on top that harnesses energy from the props being spun by the wind rushing past the car. Now that would be a true green.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by tarzan
A lot of this stuff works in theory.

Works on what in theory? "Saving" the environment?

You must be refering to the electrical energy that powers part of those hybrids, the electricity that comes from coal/oil/gas burning power plants, fish killing hydro-electric plants, neuclear waste-producing power plants.

These hybrid cars are nothing but a feel-good knee jerk reaction to a non-problem.

You know what I want to see someone driving? A hybrid with a big, ugly windmill on top that harnesses energy from the props being spun by the wind rushing past the car. Now that would be a true green.

Maybe i explained it wrong.I just feel that all these soloutions are tackling short term symptoms instead of wanting to isolate the much bigger problems.Like getting everyone to agree and sign on the kyoto protocol.Were u being sarcastic about the fish killing hydro-electric plants or is this a reality.Everone in my area signed up for our electricity to be powered by hydro plants but i have my doubts on them.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think what we need to do is build a gigantic Ionic Breeze

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Cavscout, electricity from large generators are more efficient and the pollution much easier to deal with then individual combustion engines. If we were to go to Hydrogen we would have the same problem but it would be a hell of alot less efficient. Oh yeah your not talking about pure Electric cars you're talking about Hybrids which by and large cannot be plugged into the grid so you points are moot.

Also I doubt you'd be able to say that to my face as I labor to breath in the polluted city air.... asthma has been proven to be caused by particulates produced by combustion.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join