It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to replace oil. Post real solutions please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I figure maybe 10+ stories so I'd locate these in some of the industrial districts(after a thorough environmental assessment of course)

He does talk of them being skyscrapers. Imagine producing Biofuels all year long right in the city(or near it if building codes will not allow it in city limits)

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about thermal depolymerization? Apparently you add just about any organic waste product from turkey guts to junk plastic to a pressure cooker type reactor and for every gallon of oil burned it gives you back 6.

www.answers.com...

Eons of fossil fuel perculating time compressed into a few hours. I'd be interested in any small scale home thermal depoly project details.

Also... one might look into what is called an einstein refrigerator (or A/C unit). Essentially it runs on a closed loop of NH3. No electricity (fossil fuels) needed. I just needs a heat source; and solar will work.

gtalumni.org...

I am looking into building one of these myself... though I want to avoid looking like a crankhead when I go asking around for a big bottle of NH3

Sri oracle

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
There's a thread in this forum about Thermal Depolymerisation from a few months back. Here's the link; it makes good reading.

I've never heard of the Eistein's Refrigerator before, it sounds great. Let us know how you get on if you build one!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Didn't anyone check out the link I posted above?

www.wired.com...

snip- snip
y, it costs 27 cents to produce a single head of lettuce with its system, compared to about 18 cents per head of lettuce grown in California fields. Factor in the transportation costs and suddenly the automated greenhouse grower saves as much as 43 cents a head.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by sardion2000]

Great find.
If you ever played UFO Apocalypse you would have fougth some battles in these skyscraper-farms and learnt what falling glass can do to a man.

On a more serious note and related to the topic in general .... Free energy from the vacuum mabye?

For anyone interested in why and how this is possible feel free to read this

A great read alltogether but the Briefing i mentioned is right at the end....

Stellar

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Have you all heard of Carl Cella? Cella designed a reactor that makes hydrogen onboard for running a normal aspirated gasoline engine. I have seen a design of this tecnology on a working engine, and believe me, it works! Check these links:
/5fb2q
/cx5lj
/885dn
/4yces

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join