It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Fat People The New Chosen People at The End of The World!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

If I'm not allowed to use profanity then why did I pay 1000 points to turn off the censor?

Please review the above links, the policy on profanity and circumventing censors is quite clear. Purchasing the "Turn Off Censors" in the ATS Store only allows you to view what has been posted, and is not a license to engage in such activity.

And I use profanity on here often but this is the first warning I've got for it...Hmmmm are you overweight Mirthful Me by any chance?

Guess I'll have to review your posting history.

Overweight? Only if you consider 6'-0" 225lbs with a 32 inch waist overweight... Oh, and I'm 41 years old...

Soloflex Monkeys, not just for kicking sand in your face at the beach anymore...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Overweight? Only if you consider 6'-0" 225lbs with a 32 inch waist overweight... Oh, and I'm 41 years old...

Hmmm not calling you a liar or anything but it seems almost everyone who posts their weight and height on forums seem to be over 6' tall and over 200 lbs
Sorry not impressed. I don't judge people by their size.

Anyway can I have my 1000 points back then?
Why charge members to see profanity when it's not allowed?
Does that make sence to anyone...lol?

I have to pay to see someone elses breaking of the forum rules?
And how did I circumvent the censor? I just payed my 1000 points and typed away. And then I only saw this in my post "#in". I payed 1000 points, got a warn (my first one btw, but not from not trying...LOL) and I didn't even see the profanity I typed!!!!!
Not that it's a big deal, I can take or leave profanity it's just word's and if words upset you then well that's yo's problem, no I just find the whole thing hilarious, and I'm bored, so thanx for the good time....

Yeah go check my old posts, I'm sure you've got nothing better to do

(btw don't take me too seriously, lifes too short and so am I)

Please Mr.Moderator can I have some more?

[edit on 16/10/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hmmm not calling you a liar or anything but it seems almost everyone who posts their weight and height on forums seem to be over 6' tall and over 200 lbs

Well this boards are in the internet, Right? so we can be anything we want, tall slim and beautiful.

It is something wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Then why wonder if I was overweight? BTW, I've met a fair number of ATS members (two mods, two council members, and three long time posters, though one is banned now) in my travels, it would be foolish for me to misrepresent myself.

Anyway can I have my 1000 points back then?
Why charge members to see profanity when it's not allowed?
Does that make sence to anyone...lol?

Caveat Emptor... I checked, the staff used your 1000 points for a weekend in Vegas, there's nothing to give back.

Please Mr.Moderator can I have some more?

I prefer to hear the phrase, "thank you sir, may I have another?" But that's just mirthful ole me...

Profanity Monkeys, not just for indecent zoo shenanigans anymore...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well this boards are in the internet, Right? so we can be anything we want, tall slim and beautiful.
It is something wrong with that?

Well actualy I think so, why would you want to be anything other than what you are?
Society tries to tell us what is considred beautiful, and then people judge each other based on that. Is there not something wrong with that?

It's what's in your head that counts, not what's hanging underneath it.
Especialy on this site. We're here to discus and hopefuly learn, not impress each other with lies about our personal appearance.
If I tell you I'm 6' and 200lb would you respect me more than if I tell you the truth that I'm 5'6" and 120 lbs?

If we let society make us feel we have to lie about ourselves to feel good then we become part of the problem. If you truly love yourself then you wouldn't need to do that. There are soooo many psycological, medical and social problems that stem from the shallow fixation people have on physical looks.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
genetics? Only if it's a proclivity for sugar - and a lot of it. According to the National Academy of Science, Americans consume some 20 teaspoons of sugar A DAY! Sugar accounts for 16% of American's calories and 20% of children's. This unhealthy lifestyle choice is spreading beyond the borders of the US. Obesity - much of it due to foods high in sugar - is becoming more common in many countries.

The survivors of the Apocalypse? Unlikely. The Obese are much more likely to suffer kidney stones, heart disease, kidney failure, diabetes, and a host of other serious health issues.

If you want to see an idictment on American - and other nations - eating habits and the dangerous trends in comsumption, I recommend "Supersize Me." Mr. Spurlock was in excellent health when he started and it almost killed him. I haven't eaten fast food since seeing this movie....

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Then why wonder if I was overweight?

I guess you didn't get my point? I thought maybe, from all the other times I've used profanity (and remember it's just words) this was the only time I get warned, maybe you did it because you are overweight and didn't like my fat lazy junk eating comments?

Caveat Emptor... I checked, the staff used your 1000 points for a weekend in Vegas, there's nothing to give back.

Hmmmm OK that's fine I will be more aware in the future when I spend my hard earned points. I still think it's a scam though

I prefer to hear the phrase, "thank you sir, may I have another?" But that's just mirthful ole me...

Your preferences are not my consideration, but that's just the Anarchism in me...

Profanity Monkeys, not just for indecent zoo shenanigans anymore...

Oh no Mr. Morality strikes again with his big words. And when was the last time you heard an animal use profanity? I don't mind being described as a monkey, they're a lot smarter than you give them credit for. Animals ARE our equals but people are just too aragant to except that.

OMG he said a bad word, run for the hills the sky is falling!

Thank you Mirthful Me you have made this thread fun today. Sorry for the hi-jack, I'll shut up now it's dinner time and I got some bannanas to eat.

AP&F or we'll be sorry.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ANOK, I know what you mean dude. There's nothing like a properly placed F-BOMB

Anyways...yeah, fatness is in genetics....but that's still no excuse to be fat. I hate it when people blame thier weight height and all that other crap on genetics. Be PROUD of yourself!!!! If you're fat and not satisfied...then review your eating habits, start doing a little physical exercise....12 ounce curls and donut dips don't count.

It all ties in together....fatness, laziness, etc..etc... one leads to the other.

Fatness can be conquered

[edit on 16/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

You all are going way off topic!

This is what I am saying... I see a lot more fat people walking around. I live in New Jersey and they are everywhere. Some of these people are overweight because they over-eat and don't exercise, some because they are geneticly prone to be obese from birth and gain weight rapidly months after birth, Some have a thyroid problem and gain weight rapidly.

I am talking about all 3 groups of people. In the first group, what causes their desire to eat? To amass that much mass, you really need to have an un-ending hunger never seen before in history. Group 2, its a Gene...so that is an adaptation a mutation of their genetic sequence. What is it adapting too? Why mutate now? Group 3, well you get the point.

Fat People do have problems like heart disease, diabetes, kidney stones, fatigue,... but those problems usually occur later in life, around 40'-50's. And it also has a lot to do with, how the person got fat in the first place. If all they did was eat greese, then they would be more prone to a heart attack, if you have a sweet tooth...then you could get diabetes...which is also genetic. A young fat person can be perfectly healthy.

I am one of those people who thinks that this Century will be one of the most calamitic centuries on recorded history. I believe a supervolcanic eruption could happen at any time. This would cause years of crop failures in the northern hemisphere, which happens to be where almost all of the rice and wheat is harvested.

God works in mysterious ways, and he will show you some signs but you have to look for them.

If it isn't God of Natural Selection taking place, then it is a chemical / radiation, reaction of some sort causing the mutation in our genes to occur. But even that could be traced back to an act of God of probobility.

Side note... wow! I was suprised so many Body Fascists here at ATS.

Where is your Tolerance?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There's a reaosn people only see visions of Mary or Jesus in things like toast and tomatoes, and not Big Macs

If God wanted people to be obese, or was making people obese just to be saved, then I'm quite sure he wouldn't tie the obesity in with the heart diseases and numerous other mentioned health problems. I really can't see where the discussion can go from there, it was a fun idea but one that bears no fruit. When God decides it's time to choose who's to be saved, I think he'll be looking at peoples hearts and minds, not their bodies. He's gonna love my beer belly.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It sounds like you're a scripture-listener, so I wanted to share something with you that I think is totally relevant to the thread title:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" - Matthew 6:25

Ironically enough, the next chapter is "Do not judge, or you too will be judged..."

Chakotay: I think you're right about healthy eating. I'm currently unwilling stick to the diet you have listed there because I do like a bit more pizazz, but have cut saturated fats and exercise regularly. I'm sure in a few decades my doctor (if he is wise and cares about my health) is going to recommend what you've listed there though.

I think we should try to be healthy so that we don't have self-esteem issues or physical complications. That way we can focus on helping others. Helping others is key in working for God. Regardless, we're not to judge anyone and as quoted above, not worry about it.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

And remember, the only ones who have that particular "end times" scenario are the Christians. There are many other religions that don't believe any of those scenarios.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Byrd]

Shows how much you know about religion!!

The majority of the major world religions have an "end times"/apocalyse scenario, The hindu religion has one (has something to do with a deity completing a puzzle, bringing forth the end of the world) the much maligned and even more misunderstood religion of Islam has one, heck, even the native-american religion has one

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm gonna go refill my glass of soda and finish off my pizza now....

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"The meat shall inherit the Earth"?

Does this mean Vegetarians will go to Hell?
And how will they make room in Heaven?

I can just see it now. The condemned man asked what he wants for his last meal and ordering 300 Big Macs and 200 shakes.

It does seem to me that fat people have had a hard time in the Bible though, so maybe they're due a break.
I mean, that poxy pharoah even advocated cannibalism of those who have eaten too many pies.

Genesis 45: 17-18 (KJV)

And take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Genesis 45: 17-18 (KJV)

And take your father and your households, and come unto me: and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.

Sorry for the one liner mods but...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
ANOK, I know what you mean dude. There's nothing like a properly placed F-BOMB

Anyways...yeah, fatness is in genetics....but that's still no excuse to be fat. I hate it when people blame thier weight height and all that other crap on genetics. Be PROUD of yourself!!!! If you're fat and not satisfied...then review your eating habits, start doing a little physical exercise....12 ounce curls and donut dips don't count.

It all ties in together....fatness, laziness, etc..etc... one leads to the other.

Fatness can be conquered

[edit on 16/10/2005 by SportyMB]

Well I can be a right lazy sod when I can get away with it, and I pretty much eat what I want, guess what slim-average build.

I wonder whether some people use the fat=lazy argument to justify their body facism sometimes or do they not know enough overweight people to realise that some of them have enough energy to shame their slimmer counterparts.

Who cares anyway, if your comfortable with yourself that's all that matters to me. I've known some really nasty skinny people so you don't have to be fat to be unhappy.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Are Fat People The New Chosen People at The End of The World?

Well, if there is going to be an "End of the World" feast, then having lots of fatties around to put on spits would be quite helpful.

mmmm.....ribs.....

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
close this thread? I mean it's really quite disturbing. I'm sure there are some fitness websites that sit there and slam people all day long for their lack of physical "perfection", why is it considered "Above Top Secret" here?

There's been no plan nor detail on how this "conspiracy" works, let alone evidence or logical conclusion. Looks like this is all an excuse to anonymously insult people. If we all said these things at work, would we or would we not get fired (or sent to personnel) for not accepting the differences of other people? Or has ATS allowed bigotry to become a tool to stoke the fires a bit?

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well..............this post proves what i've been thinking for a long time.
some people just make up things to post on ATS.
It's actually getting very boring on this site.
I may take a vacation after reading this one.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

You all are going way off topic!
_________________________ Agreed ! (StUdio input)

[...]

If it isn't God of Natural Selection taking place, then it is a chemical / radiation, reaction of some sort causing the mutation in our genes to occur.

If all humanity has a 'get fat' gene....then something has to trigger it or turn it on !
my nomination is one of those Genetically Engineered foodstuffs we've been manipulated into
having to consume, because it is the only product available.

one prospect could be that certain corn, named BrightStar or something....

It is generally understood that the mega corp. food producers intentionally designed a food staple that targets the Corps. need to make Profit...over any other consideration.

so if "BrightStar"corn (a GM patented product) is harmful to humans that consume it- - -tough luck.
the mega food Corps. have had laws-rules-trade agreements made that
favors their "BrightStar" corn. And for decades now there has been an ongoing campaign to either eradicate or outlaw any 'Heritage' seeds of corn(and other grain crops) from the food supply cycle

~~~~~~~~

i do not put so much emphasis on the binge-eating thing that ya'll do.
people do tend to sate themselves, be it food, drink, drugs.
and those traits have been contributing to lifestyles of men&women throughout history...
What youse guys seem to observe & be concerned about is that Today
there is a prolific increase of persons who are defined as obese.
[probably more obese citizens than in the hedonistic Roman era or the previous GoldenAge of Greece...] is what i'm getting from this thread.

???perhaps there is a veiled suggestion that this EndOfAge time is somehow affecting peoples' attitudes and then causing people to indulge in gluttony?? getting fat & happy....because tomorrow we die! thoughtline?

~~~~~~~~~~

in closing; the dinosaurs kept getting larger, all the way up to their 'EndOfAge' demise, too
just maybe, there really is a Ming-the-merciless projecting a 'Death-Ray'
on the Earth from somewhere out in the cosmos

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join