It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video iPod or Nano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I need some advice. I’m going to purchase a video iPod or a Nano but don’t know what would be better. I’m a little concerned about the video iPod because its hard drive based and I’m worried about its ability to take some abuse. This is why the Nano looks so appealing, you know it doesn’t have any moving parts so I assume it can take a beating and continue to function. The 4 GB Nano is only $50 less than the 30 GB video iPod so is it worth spending a little extra?

I have about 2000 songs so the 30 GB video iPod is kinda overkill but I assume I could use the extra space for file backup.

I don’t know, do any of you that own any version of these devices have any advice for me?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Go for the video iPod. I have the plain iPod which is hard drive based. It can take a lot of abuse. Been dropped battered and everything. Just buy a case to protect from scratches.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The playback time for videos on the new iPod isnt great, at just 3 hours. But still, go for the new iPod. I just LOVE the 20hour playback on music (on the 60gb).

The 30gb iPod has 14 hour music playback and 2 hour video.

With this new release of iPods that are thinner, support video, and are FINALLY black, im seriously thinking about getting one finally. Iv needed one for the longest time (31gb of music), but wasnt 100% convinced. I might get it on the $9 a month plan.

[edit on 10-14-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys.

So I now have 2 votes for the video iPod…

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
i vote for the nano because it just looks so much cooler!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
well i have a ipod mini and i am glad i got it IMO.
but if you want better service then go for the video ipod.
nano is for songs and a few vids. go for the video ipod.

oni x x

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Nano. Who wants to watch stuff on a tiny screen! Give me a retina display first then I'll consider it.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just got my Nano a couple of weeks back. Took Apple the longest time to ship it. They promised 4-6 days shipping and it ended up to be over five weeks.

Further, the case that I ordered at the same time supose to ship in 8-10 days but after two Apple delays (change of shipping promise), now it is going to be ship second week of November. Writing to the Apple "customer service" yield no answer but a bunch of form letters. Those jackass at Apple are nothing but a bunch of useless morons.

Back on track: I am VERY happy with my black Nano, got the 4G version because I want the extra memory for still pictures. Armband is excellent idea when you go to the gym. Too bad the earplugs are white. Battery actually lasted 14 hours, amazing!

I would get the Nano because of two things:

1/ The screen on the video iPod is kind of small, and I understand they are having problem "transcribing" some video format into the Apple format. Plus I think paying U$2 for each show is kind of dumb. Probably best suit commuters that need to kill a couple of hours each day by watching a show or somthing . . .

2/ For my purpose of music in the gym and weekend walks, the Nano is ideal, flash memory certainly adds to the appeal.

Again, please keep in mind the stupidity & uncaring attitude of the "customer service" morons of Apple, buying the video iPod with a spinning hard drive may not be the best move.

Apple customer service jerks ===>

top topics

join