It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why 5 year olds could make great Attorney Generals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
www.chron.com...

"We all agree that narco-violence along the Southwest border is impacting the lives of Mexicans and Americans and robbing our families of the chance for a brighter future. Combating these drug wars is a problem that we must face together," Gonzales said.

I know Gonzales isn't a legislator but I think it is sad to see that someone of such high position can only have one thought on his mind on how to deal with the violence caused by drug trafficking: more violence.

I am not too sure who 'we' is in his comments either. I suppose this is a select group of Mexican and US government agents.

To me, it seems just as unlikely now and in the near future as it did 30 years ago that any legislator or any highranking member of government will step up and say 'The way to combat drug traffiking is to legalize the drugs'. I think we will be forced to live out the rest of our lives with this same group of moralless, ignorant apes in highranking government positions.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Frosty,

I'm not taking his statement the same way you are. I believe he used the "combatting" word not as a literal violent battle against the drug wars going on, but as you would say "battling hunger" or "combatting prejudice".

join