It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis Apprehend US Soldiers Dressed as Arabs Trying to Detonate a car Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

A number of Iraqis apprehended two Americans disguised in Arab dress as they tried to blow up a booby-trapped car in the middle of a residential area in western Baghdad on Tuesday.

Residents of western Baghdad’s al-Ghazaliyah district told Quds Press that the people had apprehended the Americans as they left their Caprice car near a residential neighborhood in al-Ghazaliyah on Tuesday afternoon (11 October 2005). Local people found they looked suspicious so they detained the men before they could get away. That was when they discovered that they were Americans and called the Iraqi puppet police.

Five minutes after the arrival of the Iraqi puppet police on the scene a large force of US troops showed up and surrounded the area. They put the two Americans in one of their Humvees and drove away at high speed to the astonishment of the residents of the area.

Continued....

It seems like yesterday when the Brits were caught doing just this.

The attempts by the occupation of instigating a civil war may backfire on them.

They may be able to control the media back home, but not everywhere else in the world.

I expect this to be reported in many Arab sources with the next day so keep a look out.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would not read too much into this just yet. For all we know this could have been a training exercise that was not told to the Iraqi Military. I know very little will come out of this as far as news wise, BUT if it was in fact Americans “converted” to extremism then we will definitely hear more about this.

After all, it would not be the first time that an American converted.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
the quote u have pasted....isnt there? isnt it supose to be at the top?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackBeard
I would not read too much into this just yet. For all we know this could have been a training exercise that was not told to the Iraqi Military. I know very little will come out of this as far as news wise, BUT if it was in fact Americans “converted” to extremism then we will definitely hear more about this.

After all, it would not be the first time that an American converted.

You don't do training exercises in an occupation zone in disguise.

But I would agree that caution must be taken until some more verification comes in after this early first report.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
the quote u have pasted....isnt there? isnt it supose to be at the top?

Look about half way down the page.

I did not want to paste any more than the relevant section per forum rules.

It is under this in bold:

Iraqis apprehend two Americans disguised as Arabs trying to detonate a car bomb in a residential neighborhood of western Baghdad’s al-Ghazaliyah district on Tuesday.

The references are all at the bottom, but they are in Arabic.

Translations from Free Arab Voice.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

You don't do training exercises in an occupation zone in disguise.

But I would agree that caution must be taken until some more verification comes in after this early first report.

But how "secure" was that zone? that is something else that needs to be looked at. If that particular zone is secure then yes, they would do "on the job" training for the Iraqi Military.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is getting out of hand, first the brits, who then break out their guys, and now the same thing with the americans.

Was there any US confirmation of the events, there was some of that with teh british one. This is getting ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can try and find out some things and see if it was either a training exercise or in deed it was Americans that turned coat and tried to kill civilians. I am still not reading too much into this yet, and I do not want and would not like any one just jumping to conclusions.

This after all can be propaganda that both sides love to play.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackBeard
I can try and find out some things and see if it was either a training exercise or in deed it was Americans that turned coat and tried to kill civilians.

What about the possibility that they were following orders?

If this was a training exercise it would be more suited to Al Qeada, not American Military...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

What about the possibility that they were following orders?

If this was a training exercise it would be more suited to Al Qeada, not American Military...

Again that is very possible and one I am not ruling out even though I am in the Military. One never truly knows what the situation was or could have been, especially since no government does things the way they are supposed to.

For all we know it could have been a couple of CIA agents acting on orders to try and bring more disgust towards the insurgents. I would love to find more and more information on this subject, and if I find any I will post it here and with links.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The site you used as your so called source is crap. If half the stuff that site says actually happened then there would be terrorists all over the news taking credit.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by USAF6933]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Frankly, since the report hasn't come out in any reliable sources, I'd say it is nothing more than a fictional story. Eventhough as much as I hate to say it, the report about the U.S Troops in the article is false. For all we know it could be just another story cooked up by the anti-Americans in the Middle East. Even if you hate them, this is not the way to show it. It only breeds more hate and anger among the people.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Don't you think that it would be better to title the article "Iraqis apprehend two Americans" instead of "US Soldiers" since we don't even know if they were military or not? Or are you just out to inflame everyone without knowing the whole story? I also like the fact that your source article says "..the Iraqi puppet police" Really unbiased source there.

[edit on 10/14/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So far USAF is correct, that site does not seem all that reliable. That is like me watching CNN and believing everything that they are saying. Sorry, but I can not do that and the only way I can think that Americans were caught trying to detonate a car bomb are turn coats.

They decided to switch to Islamic Extremism and join the cause of these so called Freedom Fighters for Allah who do not even live in Iraq. I have also not seen any official Pentagon report on the situation, but if I find one I will post it. I might not be able to post the link, but I can get the article if one comes out.

Just got to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This has turned into a very, very dirty war as many predicted it would. God know's what is going on in there, and within the allied forces there are probably disperate groups playing their own games for their own reasons.

However I fail to see why Bush/Blair and their military commanders would be ordering bombings to try and spark a civil war. They can only desperately want peace in that country for soooo many reasons: if Iraq does descend into full blown civil war then it will be seen as one of the great Western foreign policy disasters of the last 50 years. The whole region might be drawn in and, amongst other things, the oil could stop flowing and the whole middle east strategy will be left in tatters. Bush and Blair themselves would go down in history as disasterous leaders.

Also there are literally hundreds of bombs going off every month in Iraq, many of them suicide bombers, why would the US/UK forces need to risk everything by setting their own off? If they want civil war (and as I said this defies logic) they could just leave the Iraqis to it.

Can anyone tell me why: a) the allies would want a civil war? b) why they would set their own bombs off when there are plenty of willing volunteers willing to do it?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The standard answer will be permanent basing rights, which were already given by the current government. The more unrest there is, the longer we have to stay, until we finally just never leave. This depsite the fact that last month the current president gave a speech here in the US saying the government there WANTS the US troops to stay.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The site that is running the story is obviously 'Anti Western'.

I had to laugh at the professional manner in how they described the Iraqi Police:lol

It certainly lacks professionalism with it's biased wordings, therefore leading me to believe that is all a made up scenario. I cannot find any other News sites covering this. Even Al-Jazeera have nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The standard answer will be permanent basing rights, which were already given by the current government. The more unrest there is, the longer we have to stay, until we finally just never leave. This depsite the fact that last month the current president gave a speech here in the US saying the government there WANTS the US troops to stay.

The current government did NOT give the US basing rights.

The Military agreement was between America, and the previous admin that America appointed.

An elected Iraqi government has not ever had a say in the agreement which makes it IMPOSED.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wether this is true or not, i think the time has come for UN peacekeeps, or monitors to be placed throughout the country.

America has become nothing more than an occuppation, with no end near.

If the world continues to let America dictate what happens in IRAQ, it can only be bad.

The people accuse the UN of being a toothless dog, well i think nows the time to step in and prove to the world they are willing to stand up to the superpower, and not let them run international affairs just because they beleive if benefits them.

Ive been backpacking all over europe this month, im in Germany right now, and everyone i meet in a bar, club hostel rah rah, ill always ask them their opinion of the situation.

Im yet to hear anyone tell me America is doing anything for the benefit of the iraqis..

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
The site that is running the story is obviously 'Anti Western'.

I had to laugh at the professional manner in how they described the Iraqi Police:lol

It certainly lacks professionalism with it's biased wordings, therefore leading me to believe that is all a made up scenario. I cannot find any other News sites covering this. Even Al-Jazeera have nothing.

Al-Jazeera, the Arab TV network, does not have a news web site.

Its likely that you have been looking at the one run by westerners.

It is a propaganda site.....

I'm sure that later today, or tommorow there will be others with this information.

Not ever will it be anyone that you would consider 'reliable' because none of the western neo-con media sources would ever tell the truth to you about such things.

They will either ignore it, or paint it over as the BBC did when the Brits got caught.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join