It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Teleconference Today Staged (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It this really the state of affairs in the war?
Seems the highest ranking military officers are as the Foxnews put it 'livid' over the troops answer being staged and reheared.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - It was billed as a conversation with U.S. troops, but the questions President Bush asked on a teleconference call Thursday were choreographed to match his goals for the war in Iraq and Saturday's vote on a new Iraqi constitution. "This is an important time," Allison Barber, deputy assistant defense secretary, said, coaching the soldiers before Bush arrived. "The president is looking forward to having just a conversation with you.".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If/when this is proven or not, seems Bush is using all his collateral, as the polls show him in decline.
Did the ptb think this was a good idea or did Bush have final say on it?

[edit on 13-10-2005 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 13-10-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This isn't exactly new. I can personally testify that every 'politician visit with the troops' which I have been witness to was staged for the cameras.

Thanks to having been stationed at some very high visibility bases and deployed to even higher visibility places around the world, I have seen quite a few of these. In every case, the troops that asked a question of the VIP were hand-picked in advance. Their question was at the very least approved by and in many cases written by the Public Affairs office which works with the VIP's office to insure that only the 'right' questions are asked and that the VIP had the perfect answer committed to memory.

Now, what goes on when the camera isn't on is often different and sometimes very refreshing. There were even a few that literally demanded to not be taken on a prepared tour and instead to simply walk into some shop and start talking with people. These guys were the ones that always impressed me.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Bush Launches New Flack Attack
U.S. public shelled today from Iraq by weapon of mass distraction

But here's another part of the flack attack you may not know: The soldier on the left side of the front row was actually a flack herself, though she didn't reveal it during the regime's 24-minute infomercial.

Her name is Corine Lombardo, and I hope she stays safe in Iraq. It's a dangerous place even for flacks. But the fact is, as my sharp-eyed colleague David Axe tipped me, Lombardo probably sees more action watching CNN than action.

Wonder how many are even military soldiers

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thanks to having been stationed at some very high visibility bases and deployed to even higher visibility places around the world, I have seen quite a few of these. In every case, the troops that asked a question of the VIP were hand-picked in advance.

I seem to recall this press conference that created quite a stir at the time. I don't believe the administration fed this question to the troops. I seem to remember it was actually a reporter who fed the question to the soldier.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sorry this topic already exists here on ATS and can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread as this one will be closed.

new topics

top topics

join