It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New NCS Created Within CIA To Oversee All US Espionage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Efforts to overhaul the US intelligence serives has culminated in George Bush announcing the creation of a National Clandestine Service within the CIA to oversee all of the US espionage operations. John Negroponte who is now the Director of National Intelligence is the new overseer of the US intelligence services under the reshuffles and Porter Goss was assigned to being the manager of human intelligence. Mr Negroponte described the NCS as "the national authority for the integration, coordination, deconfliction, and evaluation of human intelligence operations across the entire intelligence community".

www.news.com.au
The action was the latest in efforts to overhaul US intelligence following its failures on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

The creation of the National Clandestine Service was announced jointly by the CIA and the Director of National Intelligence, John Negroponte, the new overseer of the US intelligence community under the reforms.

CIA Director Porter Goss, who lost the intelligence oversight role in the shuffle, was designated the manager of national human intelligence. Human intelligence is bureaucratic jargon for espionage and covert operations.

The head of the NCS will report directly to Mr Goss, but will also work with Mr Negroponte's office, a statement announcing the move said.

"I am confident that with the creation of the NCS, the US government will have a more cohesive and truly national human intelligence capability," Mr Negroponte said in the statement.

The CIA has traditionally been the main US agency conducting espionage.

But the Defence Intelligence Agency has been pushing to expand its "human intelligence" arm, and is seeking rule changes that would make it easier for it to recruit US citizens and emigres as intelligence sources.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This appears to be a move of more control. Interestingly in the reshuffle Porter Goss lost the overseers position of intelligence services.

I see this as just one more move to centralize authority and keep control in the one place.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And what is Rummy's reaction to this? Is he spitting bullets or does he give his blessing?

And when does Jose's identity get leaked? As in 'tit for tat'.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'd like to hear it from the Intelligence Committee that is's NOT another damn crony like Goss and Negroponte are in the first place. I want to know this person's qualifications and we can figure out who he is if they give some background.

Actually if Jose is a 30-year lifer--heck, 20 even--I don't have an objection to this. What's one more checkpoint in this balancing act? There's like about twenty of them already!

Air Force Intelligence
Army Intelligence
Central Intelligence Agency
Coast Guard Intelligence
Defense Intelligence Agency
Department of Energy
Department of Homeland Security
Department of State
Department of the Treasury
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Marine Corps Intelligence
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
National Reconnaissance Office
National Security Agency
Navy Intelligence

What gets me is this is supposed to be a Republican controlled 'congress' (guess I could say 'everything'), and they're creating MORE government. Thought that conservatives liked less? Wotthehell's that about?

p.s. the only reason they're for 'small' govt is so they can get in on the consulting scam when the work gets outsourced, or contracted out. Consultants get paid twice as much and guess who's skimming off the top.

If Jose is a govt-puke lifer, he'll know wothehell he's doing, and I'd trust him. If he's a political appointee, I'm writing to my Senator and it' won't be that scrumbum Santorum.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Damn Psyopswatcher that artwork of yours is very distracting--I think it would be cool if it did what it does at a slower pace though.

I don't know who the guy is that will be running the day to day show, but it's a foregone conclusion he's a career spook from the Humint or Covert Ops ranks--nothing else would make any sense. (There are already two political appointees above him).

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Astronomer68, the graphic is from the intelligence site I should have referenced in the post. Click on it, if you dare.

Distracting as it is... If you're an American, your tax dollars paid for that.
If you're not an american, then I guess I'll have to kill ya.

Here's what Rummy got out of the deal...

DOD creates new agency for biz transformation

The Defense Department has established a new organization to carry out the modernization of its business systems.

The Defense Business Transformation Agency will “advance defensewide business transformation,” said Gordon England, the acting deputy secretary of Defense who oversees the multibillion-dollar initiative, in a memo signed Oct. 7. He said DOD plans to hire a director and an acquisition executive for the new agency.

The new agency will include new program executive offices, program managers and seven support organizations. They include transport, business systems response, enterprise resource planning, financial management, real property, supply chain and personnel and readiness.

The new agency will also manage 18 critical systems, including the Defense Travel System (DTS) and the Defense Integrated Military Human Resources System. DTS survived a Senate vote earlier this month for an amendment in the 2006 Defense Appropriations bill that proposed canceling its future funding.

RELATED LINK:

“Getting back on track” [FCW.com, May 9, 2005]
BY Frank Tiboni
Published on Oct. 13, 2005

Business as usual?

[edit on 14-10-2005 by psyopswatcher]

new topics

top topics

join