It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God gave' Bush mission to invade Iraq and Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
According to a new BBC television series, President Bush told Palestinian leaders that God had given him permission to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

scotsman.com
The US leader had also said he felt "God's words coming to me" to "go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And, by God, I'm gonna do it." Mr Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, recounted Mr Bush saying: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

So if this is true then whats the difference between President Bush and Osama? Both are supposedly acting by the will of God.

Related News Sources:

Yorkshire Today
Aljezeera
Liberty Post

[edit on 13-10-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
He is crazy we all can see it. He thinks he is doing gods work, I think someone else in history was doing "Gods" work.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This stuff must make the ardent Bush supporters cringe. Even if it's true one has to wonder why on earth he would ever say such a thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Is there a videotape or audio recording of this meeting? Meetings of this level usually are recorded. If Bush really did say this, then he needs a long break from the pressures of the office.:shk:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
why would Bush want to help create a Palestinian state which would show his betrayal to Israel that most conspirators have said he works for the Jews. makes u wonder if the Palestinian leader is misinterpretating him.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Because God told him to. j/k Seriously, I was thinking the same thing, a bump in the translation flow may have caused it. There are many phrases and words which do not have a 1:1 translation between languages, and it is possible this is one of those cases.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This stuff must make the ardent Bush supporters cringe. Even if it's true one has to wonder why on earth he would ever say such a thing.

Because he believes it? I very much doubt it makes the most Christian Right cringe, as these are people who all believe they are doing God's work on Earth. I get the idea they are well beyond cringing at anything, except maybe when one of them does something "liberal" accidently.

It's funny how God's wishes change to reflect cuurent US foreign policy goals.....you would think if the almighty had wanted a Palestinian state he might have told Bush at the beginning of his term, instead of waiting. It's also funny how He never asks for anything that might go against US strategy such has "Invite Hugo Chavez over for dinner" or "Stop burning so much oil and look at renewable energy". God is obviously no liberal.

There was a very funny sketch in the Guardian the day this story broke: it pictured Bush on the phone in the Oval office saying "Hey God, your voice sounds just like Dick Cheney's...."

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
why would Bush want to help create a Palestinian state which would show his betrayal to Israel that most conspirators have said he works for the Jews. makes u wonder if the Palestinian leader is misinterpretating him.

Or he's lying to the Palestinian leader. If Bush does actually "work for the Jews," do you think he'd admit that to the Palestinians?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is too rich. All you anti-Bush people are going to hell now! They say bad things happen to you if you go against one of God's homeys...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Bush did say this.

The main difference between Bush and Osama (and ever other person on this planet) is that Bush is the Commanding Chief of one of the world's most powerful armies.

new topics

top topics

join