It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Okay, first I want to say one thing. I do not hate muslims, and I feel they are let down by Al-qaeda blowing things up.

The thing is, this link says that muslims are supposed to kill all non muslims. Like I said I do not hate muslims or think they are evil.

This is the link.

If this causes offence, then may a moderator please lock this thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think its importand too remember that Islam, Judaism and Chritianity all come from the same humble beginings, the torah, koran and pentateuch are all the first 8 books of the old testament, they are identical. In islam Jesus is revered as a prophet. there are more similarities than there are dis-similarities. Im a catholic, but know that in the past the catholic church commited great attrocities in the name of forwarding the cause (the great inquisitions), the religion of Islam is battling this same cancer at the moment, muslims have to unite in peace with the other mainstream religions and stand up to extremests, extremesits of all persuasions !

[edit on 12-10-2005 by bobsa]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, I am an American hillbilly, raised Christian and work with hundreds of folks from India (programmers). Some are Hindu and some are Muslim. I have become friends with many of them over the years here - I know them well.

After getting to the point where I could understand them through their sharp accents,
I found that the general Musllim community do NOT think that way - it's propaganda. They believe the same as Christians do for the most part, except they are more devoted than most Christians.

One of the main differences between Muslims and Christians is that Muslims believe Christ was a messenger and Christians believe Christ was God. (which I personally always saw Christ praying TO God, not himself) Muslims also believe in a messenger named Muhammed, who taught very similar to Christ's teachings.

I have asked them point blank - they definately don't believe in killing ANYONE for ANY reason. You're talking about exremists who use the same tactics as Pat Robertson - but worse.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
If this causes offence, then may a moderator please lock this thread.

Just everybody try and have a civil discussion sans flames and it's all good.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Never mind Islam, most religions are evil, muslims against everyone else, christians against everyone else, Jews against everyone else.
Most Monotheistic religions state that they are right and everyone else is wrong and that everyone must agree with them. This causes animosity between religions.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Never mind Islam, most religions are evil, muslims against everyone else, christians against everyone else, Jews against everyone else.
Most Monotheistic religions state that they are right and everyone else is wrong and that everyone must agree with them. This causes animosity between religions.

You may or may not be right, but i do not see anything in the new testament that says "go out and kill all non believers". It may say "go out and convert all non believers" but not "go out and kill all non believers".

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Very few muslims are killing non beleivers not even 1% of them.

There just retaliating against the US and some extremists are saying the US is invading the middle east our homeland they are christians and get them out and kill them.

Its just away the extremists are getting people to get the US out of the middle east their home land same goes for the british by killing westeners but i do not endorse any of these violent acts.

Apex it seems that your taking advantage of the violent few to blame the relegion Islam as a whole. Extremists dont represent the whole of islam.
Are you a christian apex? what is your faith?

[edit on 10-11-2005 by healthyhitter]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You may or may not be right, but i do not see anything in the new testament that says "go out and kill all non believers".

I notice you cleverly excluded the old testament from this statement.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey apex dont blame a whole religion for what group of people did/do. How about you christian abortion clinic terrorists. You can make this idea cover any religious group ( except maybe some Wiccans, they hav'nt blown anyone up yet) but the big three and beyond sure do!!

Monotheistic religions state that they are right and everyone else is wrong and that everyone must agree with them. This causes animosity between religions.

Couldn't of said it better, no more my God is bigger and shinier than your God! Cripes it would probablly end all wars, including the drug war, and maybe even the cola wars! That would definatly make it PB&J Time!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Hey apex dont blame a whole religion for what group of people did/do. How about you christian abortion clinic terrorists.

I think maybe they should go back to what they believe and read the ten commandments until they work out that abortions=killing. Particularly abortions for idiots who wake up one morning after heavy drinking with an unexpected surprise baby...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry, just what is the answer you are looking for?
Doesn't it depend upon one's point of view?

Bob, allthree religions did not originate from the same anything, but the same area, and the three are not very similar.
Christianity came from Judaism, that can be said. The Christian's savior is a Jewish carpenter. The christian's book is the Old Covenant, but I imagine the Jewish books don't stop there.
It is very clear that Islam is very different than Christianity and Judaism. Read about Islam's roots and you'll see that the three religions are related is a HUGE generalization.

Back to the question; what is evil? I'm thinking that the definition of that word makes all the difference. My definition of that word is defined by the Christian belief, so the answer is, yes. Anything that distracts man from accepting Christ is evil. Another person might define the word as meaning something that causes harm without just cause. Others might drop the "without just cause" part.
See the dilemma?
I'm sure a Muslim would state quite emphatically that Islam is not only not evil, but is the only holy way to be.

Depends on what your definition of is is.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Much like guns do not kill people, people use guns to kill. Faith is the same thing The faith isn't evil, the way its used that makes it evil.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Much like guns do not kill people, people use guns to kill. Faith is the same thing The faith isn't evil, the way its used that makes it evil.
[edit on 11-11-2005 by SpittinCobra]

Guns exist independently of people, but faith does not. Faith is not a tool that can be used for good, evil, or neutral purposes. Faith is a claim of knowledge where the only basis for the claim is desire - it's always bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I think maybe they should go back to what they believe and read the ten commandments until they work out that abortions=killing. Particularly abortions for idiots who wake up one morning after heavy drinking with an unexpected surprise baby...

Am I reading this correctly that you empathize with abortion clinic terrorists?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

I was wondering the same thing! It kind of reads that way. I guess terrorism can be justified by the right reasons? I bet there are thousands that feel that way in Iraq...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

No, I did not mean that, I do not agree with those "abortion clinic terrorists"

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Conference says: Terror distorts image of Islam

World Religions gather in Vienna to talk about Islam:

news.bbc.co.uk...

--

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

top topics

join