It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to be poor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by Bout Time
Metrosexuality of prose is a good thing & I applaude you for it!

We do have too many jeans & t-shirt types to keep it jaunty!

Forgive my lack of understanding, but what in the hell does "Metrosexuality" mean? This word doesn't exist in the dictonary!

Tim

Metrosexual is a term coined in 1994 (along with the noun, metrosexuality) by British journalist Mark Simpson, who used it to refer to an urban male of any sexual orientation who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. He is the fashion-conscious target audience of men's magazines:

My usage is in analogy fashion: that rocking new styles is a good thing!

Wikipedia is an awesome online resource for getting to the odd/new things referenced about.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Very good writing! The Middle Class pretty much gets the shaft. We work our butts off for an education and then actually go to work and work our butts off to support the welfare junkies. But, there is no one to blame but our government for it. In the process of trying to help others we have in fact aided in a problem that reciprocates itself generation after generation. In a country where virtually anyone can go to college there is no excuse for allowing this behavior to continue. But, alas we do.

<< 1   >>

join